The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Flu shot.

Flu shot.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
I used to get extremely severe bouts of flu, which aggravated my asthma. Genuinely thought I might die a couple of times, such as when living in the highlands of PNG a long way from any town when the Hong Kong flu pandemic swept through in 1969-70, killing lots of people. Under medical advice I started having flu shots as soon as they became available. I have never had the flu since.
Posted by Cossomby, Thursday, 20 June 2019 4:51:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there COSSOMBY...

That sounds like a brilliant outcome for managing to stop those dreadful bouts of Influenza. As you say whenever you got the flu, it exacerbated your Asthma attacks, even triggering them as well perhaps? Asthma is a truly debilitating disease, and if severe enough, can prove fatal without any medical intervention at least. I'm so pleased to hear, you've finally beaten the yearly flu season, with annual flu vaccinations. Take care.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 20 June 2019 5:03:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there BELLY old friend...

I certainly hope you're taking care of yourself as well. No heroics, keeping yourself rugged up against the cold, and having the necessary vaccinations as recommended by your GP. As we age, we need to look after ourselves and each other, and once past seventy-five, recognise we're no longer invincible, and must heed sound medical guidance. Yet most of the blokes I know, don't for some crazy reason, unbeknown to me?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 20 June 2019 5:13:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wo very true oldmate,that is why I highlighted it here
OK like all our age things are not always great, and like the very men I try to get involved in their health have a problem but not taken it to doctor
Will next week , still able to garden and building new Budgie aviaries, two, do a bit every day but it will get done
Posted by Belly, Friday, 21 June 2019 7:50:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy