The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Flu shot.

Flu shot.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
While owners of medications have much to answer for jumping on the latest bandwagon and implying vaccinations are in any way fraud or a danger is mad
Still sorry it make you sick, aware it makes some ill,as has been explained well here, I would never go without it
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 20 June 2019 7:05:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there HASBEEN...

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling a bit crook ol' mate. I've been receiving the anti-flu vaccine for the past 15 years or so, purely on the recommendation of my GP. Though I get the occasional cold, I've never had influenza since receiving the vaccine?

At nearly eighty, I've been informed, that someone of my age would not go so well, with a full bout of flu. My advice to any of the high-risk groups; the aged, chronically ill, and others who the Doctors have identified as being at risk, should have the shots, in consultation with their 'docs', if for no other reason than affording some measure of protection.

I would agree absolutely with the comments supplied by STEELEREDUX (on this occasion at least), and continue having the yearly shots (as recommended by your GP), understanding some of us, do have a mild reaction to the vaccine. Take it easy old fella, OK!
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 20 June 2019 12:21:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

Sorry you're not well. Stay in bed and lots of
chicken broth. I wish I lived nearby - I'd
be over with my chicken soup.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 20 June 2019 12:28:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sungwo now and again oldmate we agree, your post was my thoughts every word
And can I add a few concerns about men's health?
We tend to ignore it until it is too late, my doc has had me on Aspro for twenty years, it works, please consider
About now free bowell tests are on their way pease please use them
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 20 June 2019 12:47:05 PM
Thanks for all the advice folks. I'm afraid I can't follow yours Foxy. My lady is off all week minding our youngest grand daughter, so I'm a fancy free bachelor all week.

I think it is only a chest cold, but once the congestion starts me coughing, it's hard to stop. Taking the wheelie bin 75 metres out to the gate this morning, up hill all the way, in the cold was a bit of a struggle. Inside in the warm with the reverse cycle at 25 C I'm getting pretty good now.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 20 June 2019 2:37:06 PM
' Dear runner,

It seems you might have caught the anti-vax crap which have infected some of my in-laws who are also fundamentalist Christians. Highly immoral stuff.'

come on Steelie. You have to be chief hypocrite. Your mob hippie mob around Byron Bay are the biggest anti vaxers.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 20 June 2019 3:39:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy