The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > CFMEU a Union out of control

CFMEU a Union out of control

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. All
ACTU secretary, Sally McManus, calling for John Setka to resign today, said that the advice to him was "unrelated to Rosie Batty" but was based on a "whole range of issues".

So, the relatively insignificant Batty and Sekta's perfectly legitimate comment about her actions - an opinion often aired by other men with better reputations than Sekta - was just gutless Labor's appeal to the popular, current 'poor, hard done by women' fad which, they thought, would earn them Brownie points with the electorate, knowing that most people these days don't give a stuff about unions. They didn't know, apparently, that as many people don't give a stuff about Rosie Batty, and believe that everyone is entitled to have an opinion on the activities of a political activist such as her.

Only the union membership that elected Sekta can remove him, and they should stick by him as a demonstration of their belief in freedom of speech and thought. He might very well have some nasty ways, but the cowardly way that the Leader of the Opposition has gone about trying to get rid of him - totally unrelated to his official duties - needs to be resisted on principle.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 13 June 2019 5:39:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I could have posted ten links, then ten more, about the man/union
Everyone, because of my views and understanding of him/them, would call for his head
Amused? rolling o0n the floor laughing!
At the sheer joy the very lost very far right are getting, *from defending him!*
A little sadness too
Knowing a good bloke Paul, is baffled by my anti union setka stance
Well not even close,see few understand by its actions, even leaving out the thugs bit, and highlighting the mugs,no one harms the trade union movement/Construction workers more, even as much as the CFMEU
Margaret Thatcher an infamous name for Labour/workers/unions, and more gave Britain, then us our current EBA [Enterprise Bargaining agreement Agreements]
And OHAS [Occupational Health and Safety]
We unionists raised hell about it, but thanks to the great Bob Hawke [vale great man on this day remembering him] we adopted both
After a while we found real gains for workers and bosses came from both
Others found ways to twist both and use it as a weapon
continued
Posted by Belly, Friday, 14 June 2019 7:32:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hunter Valley NSW a new coal mine being constructed, a two union site
Both unions, on a mine site soon to be a near one union site [only one could legally cover coal mines]
But For the construction about 90 percent overall in a union
My union near half,boss? anti all union playing hard ball
Boss seemed green, unaware how much power OHAS gave workers/unions
My demand full and overflowing leaking toilet *two meters in front of lunch room must be fixed,no was the answer
We marched, me and all lunch shed in to bosses office, via the very muddy ground of toilet, problem fixed after we said we would wait there until that shed was moved
CFMEU? for a while our actions got the mouth of the spotlight
They ORDERED a delegate to wear old worn boots to work the next day!
Then invaded the site office trashing the place, swearing and screaming, got every worker on site [wearing company issued good footwear new boots!
MUGS, boss by his action in giving in and that union for being most of the reason folks hate us all
CFMEU membership outside the city's has fallen to near nil its members are either refugees in other unions or anti union till death, and some support it?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 14 June 2019 7:47:57 AM
http://www.9news.com.au/national/federal-politics-australia-labor-party-john-setka-expulsion-anthony-albanese-news/8d72e02b-0d52-4ce8-9708-60d5d446cf58
This is a test
It asks has the Australian Labor party got a future
It shouts about some who will be rocked by Labors return to voters even if it turns its back on the extremists who want things voters never will
Politics is about passing tests we will pass this one
Posted by Belly, Friday, 14 June 2019 8:59:05 AM
YES! I have noted the usual suspects had little to say here
See I spoke the truth, here and elsewhere,workers/Labor voters, other unions, knew long ago the thugs and mugs are out of control
And for some posting is only fun if they do not agree
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 15 June 2019 4:34:49 PM
Hi Belly,

If the CFMMEU is not the acceptable face of unionism is this country, then tell me what is? The SDA, Australia's biggest union, a sell out of gift vouchers and trinkets for its members, whilst pay and conditions head south! The HSU, now there's a union that will do for its members, WOW! The right wing AWU, who can say what they have ever done to promote the cause of workers. Love em' or hate em' the thing in the CFMMEU favour is the membership supports the union, and are more than thankful for the benefits union membership brings them. Can others say that.

In my time as a active delegate of the AMWSU, you would consider me centre in a left wing union, I had occasions to be involved in union matters, such as contentious site agreements, with the likes of Norm Galagher the Victorian head of the BLF, who would take it upon himself, from time to time, to get involved in the affairs of the NSW branch. Big Norm was a thoroughly obnoxious character who used his "charm" to get what he wanted. If he was obnoxious to other unions, he was terrorising to employers. It was nothing for Big Norm to throw plenty of f's and c's at the enemy, and that was us, heaven help those on the other side of the fence. Maybe Setka is another Galagher, I don't know.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 16 June 2019 7:42:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11