The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > CFMEU a Union out of control

CFMEU a Union out of control

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
runner,

It's certainly about politics; nothing whatever to do with Batty's integrity. If this union official is as bad as he is reported to be by the media, it is a disgrace that Labor didn't dump him a long time ago. Now, the hypocrites, using a single incident of him expressing an opinion many others would agree with, are falling over themselves to toady to loudmouthed feminists in anticipation of votes.

I find Ms. Batty to be an obnoxious and irritating person, one of the far too many posers making a virtual career out of the death of another person, sounding off that they 'don't want it to happen to others', knowing full well that they can't do anything to stop it. But that's the sort of society we live in these days. I wouldn't even venture an opinion under normal circumstances, and my main interest here is the gross hypocrisy and virtue-signalling of Labor, throwing someone to the wolves who might well deserve it, but doing so only when suits them politically.

Belly,

I undertook not to criticise you personally, and I have stuck to that undertaking, lately commenting on what you say. But, as you have chosen to make a personal criticism of me I would like to point out to you that a "sole" is a fish or the bottom of a shoe. Let me worry about my soul. For heaven's sake, man, stop making a fool of yourself
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 10:44:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
John Setka is a complete louse.

The problem is that this vile behaviour from him and many other heavies has been common knowledge for years and until now there has been zero criticism from the left whingers.

My opinion is that Albo's sudden rise from the moral turpitude that is the CFMEU is more to do with a power struggle than any rare display of decency.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 10:49:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Interesting place the Australian Labor Party where you can be kicked out not because of what you do but rather because of what you think."

From Catallaxy Files this morning.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 10:53:43 AM
John Setka will be facing criminal charges in court on
June 25th. He has a history of criminal behaviour.
The man should have been sacked years ago. His past
record speaks for itself.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 11:03:13 AM
I see no one arguing against what you are saying Foxy.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 11:18:37 AM
It has been going on for years.

In the late 70s we took a large tourist launch, [112 Ft] to our usual slip in MacKay, little knowing it had been taken over by the painters & Dockers. Not owned, just taken over.

We were not allowed to do any work under the boat ourselves, Must be union only. They took a good sandblaster off cleaning the hull, as he was working too quickly. The stuffed around the rest of the day doing nothing, then demanded arc lights be hired so they could work all night at double time. the slipping cost about 2.5 times normal cost.

We did not take other boasts, & neither did others, & the slip closed about 8 months later. It only reopened when all the union heavies had left town, & was back to normal usage.

Southern unionists cot control of the workforce at NQEA in Cairns, when they were building Navy patrol boats. With a lot of strikes, they forced all sorts of business destroying changes including 49 day fortnights. This was totally unworkable for smaller businesses who so often have just one person in many high tech jobs. With the patrol boats gone, they closed for 3 months, only reopening at the request of their old local workforce.

Bad union leadership can & does destroy whole industries. We once had a car industry, as did the UK, both destroyed by excessive union demands. The UK had coal mines, & we had best make sure we don't let unions, or the greens destroy ours.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 12:54:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All