The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > CFMEU a Union out of control

CFMEU a Union out of control

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
I only just saw & heard this Seka bloke on the News & the first thought that went through my mind was what an insufferable personality !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 11 June 2019 6:14:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Indy.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 11 June 2019 6:44:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If this bloke is as bad as he has been portrayed, there has been plenty of time to get rid of him in the past. Suddenly jumping on him for saying something that many other people would endorse is pretty pathetic, and shows that freedom of speech is certainly under threat in Australia. We were very lucky indeed to avoid having a Labor government. And, all Morrison used the event for was to point out that there were other thugs in unions to be got rid of.

Even the worst people in society are entitled to express an opinion. If they are not, we are all doomed to tyranny.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 11 June 2019 7:19:28 PM
This was not an ordinary bloke expressing an
opinion. This was the Victorian Secretary of
the CFMMEU union. He represents the union and
its values and he is expected to demonstrate
those values in his job. This was not the first
time either that his behaviour has been called
into question. Three strikes and you're out,
as they say. He's had his chances and he's blown them.
Defending him under the guise of freedom of speech
is absurd.

This is not about freedom of speech. This is about
his leadership position, and the requirement of
acceptable behaviour that this man's job calls
for. He failed to live up to the expectations
required of the position he held. After several
mishaps - he'll now pay the consequences.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 11 June 2019 10:44:39 PM
ttbn Sir you truly are a lost sole
In truth [read may post history,even some of my very first]
I other unionists, and ALP members have known the thugs and mugs for what they are
You can see their city members marching and shouting, find me one UMFRA, underground coal miners union [now part of that union] marching with them
Yes miners pay thousands, each, to be in that union, and it funds Labor, the greens, and Bob Katter
Well past time Labor did this, it must focus on middle Australia, not a criminal group damaging the whole union movement
There are many men like this idiot wearing that shirt
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 8:08:57 AM
yes ttbn

Mark Latham nailed it in saying that you are not allowed to have an opinion different from the secularised saint Ms Batty. While I greatly sympathise with her there is no doubt that some of her blanket statements about men are insulting and wrong. Albanese is simply playing politics.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 9:22:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy