The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > CFMEU a Union out of control

CFMEU a Union out of control

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
http://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/albanese-to-push-for-setka-s-expulsion-from-alp-over-batty-comments-20190611-p51wgt.html
Seka, almost a swear word, he infests the trade union movement in the state of Victoria, as head of the thugs and mugs union
Many in the Union/Labor movement would rather I crawl under that filthy rug known as solidarity and ignore him, far from first big mouth small brain blunder
See my union movement has been branded by the thugs and mugs
I have even had death threats while still working, because my union, without trying, took their refugees country members
Seka please consider migrating
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 11 June 2019 1:06:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

John Setka the Victorian Secretary of the CFMMEU
certainly has a bad reputation and I think that
Albanese is right in wanting him to resign. Leaders
of union movements must demonstrate the union values.

Apparently Setka's track record is not a good one.
He stormed out of the ALP's National Conference last year
after former PM Kevin Rudd was being awarded party
life membership. Setka called Rudd "a maggot."

To add to that Setka attacked the ABCC and its head
Stephen McBurney last year. Setka tweeted a photograph
of his son and daughter holding a sign saying -
"GO GET FU#KED."

Setka's also facing court charges for harassing a woman.

His recent inappropriate comments on Rosie Batty
must have been the last straw for Albanese.

The union can't be blamed though for the actions
of one man. Bill Shorten was close to CFMMEU, sometimes
relying on it for numbers. And Albanese avoided
criticising the union more generally.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 11 June 2019 3:59:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In the 1990s, a convoy to Canberra by unionists was held
The CFMEU ruined it by a violent attack on parliament house
Time after time THUGS from that union made early morning visits to site managers homes! terrifying wives and children
Few remember [purely so they could take over the membership] this union worked hard to have the NSW builders workers union deregistered
Hiring huge men , usually not very bright, they farm ugliness and violence against even their own members
Outside the Sydney metropolitan area, they demand Sydney rates for bush workers, get them, but see tradesmen do the Laboring work because they just can not pay
No union in my view,on leaving my job, they offered me a job, could have made it very successful but would rather starve than work for thugs doing great harm to the whole union movement
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 11 June 2019 4:19:50 PM
That's about right for the Labor party -don't like what someone says; kick 'em out. Better still, tell them to 'migrate', get out of the country. None of that free speech rubbish for Labor.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 11 June 2019 4:48:54 PM
It seems that John Sekta is being condemned more for what it is alleged he did or said to another woman prior to the Batty fuss rather than the fact that he thinks Batty's activities have reduced men's rights when it comes to children.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 11 June 2019 5:29:00 PM
Dear Belly,

At least the Labor leader is taking action against
a habitual nuisance whose actions consistently
undermine the reputation and values of the team.
Unlike other leaders who
will excuse and try to justify inappropriate
behaviour despite the harm that it does to
everyone else. Kudos to Albanese!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 11 June 2019 5:48:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy