The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Now We Know; Chinese Warships Visit

Now We Know; Chinese Warships Visit

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
CM,

Before you jump on the bandwagon make sure its
playing your song.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 9 June 2019 2:05:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a very young kid, in one of my very rare days at school teacher told us this
If the then population of China[mid 1950,s] marched past a machine gun
That gun could fire forever but be rusted and out of service, long before China ran out of people
China, let's us face the truth, has a history of being misused by countries who colonised it or forced it to trade with us
If we think modern China,now a superpower, and headed towards being the richest nation on earth
Will treat us better than we treated them, we may well be disappointed
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 9 June 2019 4:12:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly- I tend to agree with what you have said above but add "good things only happen if you make them happen".
Posted by Canem Malum, Sunday, 9 June 2019 4:55:35 PM
Belly, China is far more of a coloniser than any western nations have ever been.
It is just they never got around the world before the Portuguese did.
They have a word for it Tanaxia, which means that all other countries
are vassel states to the Central Kingdom.
Pres Xi told the US that they are not a sovereign country.
In other words they owe China tribute. (so do we).
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 9 June 2019 5:03:35 PM
Learn Mandarin, at least you'll be on a better footing and have more chance of a job in the future as it is the Chinese lingua franca.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 9 June 2019 5:35:45 PM
Bazz please forgive, I see no evidence of widespread Chinese colonies
Please list show compassion to those once held by Spain, England, Holland, Germany, Belgium,Portugal, France
My regards
Posted by Belly, Monday, 10 June 2019 7:03:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy