The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Violent Crime against the Aged

Violent Crime against the Aged

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. 25
  13. ...
  14. 31
  15. 32
  16. 33
  17. All
Hi there BELLY...

Just to remind you of a little known fact, within the police force, my friend. It's not the man with the scars and the flat nose, we should respect and fear - iI's the man who gave them to him?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 5:40:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly'

In your OP,
"Past week, nearly every week has been one of home invasions and bashing of elderly homeowners"

Nothing there about people being "...the thread is about the truly helpless being harmed by the truly worthless?"

You didn't say that to start with,
so as one who is not truly helpless, what would you do if home invaders attacked you?

o sung wu,

The only scar that I have is a "circular gunshot wound, lower angle of the left jaw" (as it says on my Discharge Certificate) the entry wound, to the rere of the left ear, has virtually faded away and was never prominent after it healed up.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 7:28:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there Is Mise...

You're a very lucky man to have been shot with 'ball' ammo in Korea, was it? Especially anywhere around the head. Waste of time you buying any more lottery tickets ol' mate? As it sounds like you've consumed all your luck for life!

I've been more fortunate by all accounts, I've never had any wounds while on overseas service,, other than a deflected 'panji' cut just below the R Knee. Which became infected. I did, however, suffer all manner of tropical illnesses and infections. I'm firmly convinced no European man or women can properly survive, in the tropical jungles of the world.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 8:01:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

Yes, I was really lucky, Korea was my only active service posting.
The doc said that the bullet had burned the wall of the jugular vein, a hair's breadth from a deadly wound.
Funny thing was that it didn't hurt much even though there was plenty of blood, I thought that I'd only been nicked.
The proximity to the vein made it serious though and I was hospitalized, mainly to keep me quiet and handy to help if something went wrong.
Can't say that I didn't enjoy the rest and the clean sheets!!
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 8:23:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you for your service Ise Mise honestly meant and felt
Life takes us places we never dreamed of
Unfortunately in my case helping TRY to pick up the pieces of once young men from that Asian war that came after yours
We owe a great deal to great numbers who in the end gave much more than time in ourservice, you will be aware of that
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 13 June 2019 7:39:49 AM
Well done Is Mise, & thanks.

Yes o sung wu, I agree totally about tropical jungle. I've walked through quite a few, & worked on the edge of them, & they are horrible things. Go into them & the only question is will you die, before your clothes rot off you.

Having seen the huge improvement in the living standard of the locals around Kimbe in New Britain, when jungle was replaced with palm oil plantations, I reckon those who try to prevent such development should be jailed for cruelty to the human race.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 13 June 2019 10:35:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. 25