The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dodged a bullet

Dodged a bullet

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. 21
  14. All
Dear individual,

Those figures were sourced from the Future Fund website which can be found at http://www.futurefund.gov.au

Why do you do that anyway. Admittedly the figures show that you are full of hot air with misinformed views but that is no reason to dig yourself an even deeper hole. Or is it just that a little lie you have told yourself has grown so big you really thought the Labour Party had cleaned out the fund?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 6 June 2019 3:50:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Shadow Minister,

The latest figures show an economy slowing to their worst level since the GFC.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-05/australian-economy-slows-to-levels-last-seen-in-gfc/11180688

And we have three more years of this ineptitude to live with.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 6 June 2019 4:10:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Snotty Reflux,

Re Australia's car industry:

Thanks for your contribution. I could be wrong but it may have been Tom Playford's LCL government which helped to initiate GM/Holden's Adelaide manufacturing back in the forties.

Perhaps you're right - pointing out a slip by Tony Jones, that it was under a State Labor government here that Holden closed and not a Coalition government, may have been a pretext for me to defend Nicole Flint. I didn't realise that I was so devious and/or deluded. Perhaps you could join the dots ?

Economies of scale: it may be possible for a single auto company to flourish here in Australia but, given the small market and cheaper imports, that may not be so. If you wish to raise funds to re-open Holden's, perhaps you could crowd-fund it ? SA would forever be in your debt.

Cheers,

Joe
www.firstsources.info
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 6 June 2019 5:14:52 PM
Dear Loudmouth,

Snotty Reflux?

I'm not sure I have ever addressed you in such a fashion. I'm trying to figure out why you felt the need to do so on this occasion. I'm not offended by it just a little surprised because this is normally the purview of the more boorish types who inhabit this forum.

Oh well.

No I am not calling for the reinstatement of the Holden plant. Why I would much rather seen was the government using the money they previously used to support the American companies to instead drive an electric car industry, one that would have been supplied by the many companies building car parts.

Let's say 1 billion dollars in the first year with manufacturers electric cars that were 80% built in Australia divvying it up between them up to $30,000 pr vehicle. Then have the subsidy figure reducing by 10% every year over the decade.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 6 June 2019 5:38:15 PM
Loudmouth,
Why do you continue to falsely accuse Tony Jones of a slip even after I've posted the transcript refuting your allegation?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shadow,
What's your source for the claim that "In 2014 the Government subsidy was so high that it covered more than 100% of the wage bills and the industry was still losing money..."?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Steele,
To be fair, that ineptitude's been bipartisan.

Why would you want the government to subsidise electric car manufacturing so heavily?
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 7 June 2019 1:56:03 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Or is it just that a little lie you have told yourself has grown so big you really thought the Labour Party had cleaned out the fund?
SteeleRedux,
Are those figures in that Futures Fund real or just projected ? How come we never heard Labor telling us before the election what great shape this Nation is in ? They would have won if things were that great.
I haven't told myself anything I can only go by what I read & hear from the mainly Leftist media & witness otherwise.
What I seem to see is every time a Labor Govt is installed everything goes up in cost. And, of course, public service salaries increase as do the numbers of public servants.
If Labor are indeed such fantastic economic managers then how do you explain the failure in maintaining local enterprise & the failure to kick off infrastructure projects ?
Why are there poor people even with Labor Govts ?
There are lots more figures you should provide for us to see here if you have the access to them. For instance, where were the 150,000 "already budgetet for" Public Service positions in labor's pre-election spin planned for?
You obviously have insider knowledge so how about it ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 7 June 2019 7:24:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20