The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Lower interest rates good or bad?

Lower interest rates good or bad?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
The Change is already in the making ! What we have to be so extremely careful about is vital communication equipment manufacture.
Such equipment must really be manufactured here, not in any other country for obvious reason.
Security is vital & must not be jeopardised because some greed mongers want more profit at the cost of the nation's security.
Outfits such as Internet providers must prevent from having our passwords etc at the hands of people in other countries.
Greed may be good for some but it is also the downfall of everyone else ! Foreign investment must not go as far as land ownership & or control of vital infrastructure. This nonsense has to stop. Clive Palmer was ridiculed (by the insipid) for exposing such cases.
Cash for Visa too is something that needs sorting out.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 4 June 2019 9:30:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual while not sure what it has to do with the subject the ability to hack in to any computer made in any country is here to stay
One day we may get better security but for the very reason of security government will always want a way of seeing what we are up to
Australian National University is the latest victim along with every one who had dealings there in the last twenty years
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 4 June 2019 12:05:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/global-factors-trump-home-grown-issues-with-rba-cut-20190604-p51ubu.html
Well as expected the cut came
The link has it right, not much anyone in this country could do about it
Implications? endless
We can only sit and wait,and hope it is a long wait
To overspend now, just because it is cheaper to borrow may be very foolish
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 4 June 2019 4:54:55 PM
I'm not much of an economist, I find too many variables and too many factors to get a clear understanding on it all.
I do however 'cut to the chase' in such matters and ask who/what is behind all this?
You see we have seen a very un-charactaristic cycle of the GFC, this time around.
If we look at previous recessions/GFC's, they have been around ten year cycles, (roughly).
This one has well and truly surpassed previous cycles, why?
I have always been convinced these events are 'caused', they are not merely natural events by an unchecked economy.
Having said this I look to the most influential of the world and their mindset and what grand plans they have in place.
There is only one group or name which fits this criteria.
They control or own nearly all the banks in the world.
I won't mention names for fear of the 'scoff team' re-butts.
This crowd actually own the Reserve Bank, oh, and BTW, it's not actually a bank, it's a private company, just another one they own.
In the US they 'sell' the money to the US, it does not belong to the Govt.
And so it goes on.
So I ask if these GFC's and recessions are not a natural phenomenon, then who is causing them and why?
I believe I know the answer, but I would rather someone else find out as well, then it will be better accepted by my detractors.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 5 June 2019 10:35:30 PM
ALTRAV,
It's not who you think.

Though the details are complicated, the basic idea is very simple: there's not enough money going into the economy.

The government (more specifically, the RBA) can cut interest rates to encourage the private sector to put more money into the economy (borrowing it into existence). Conversely if they raise interest rates, that encourages the private sector to take more money out of the economy (paying down their debt).

Alternatively the government can put money into the economy (run a deficit) or take money out of the economy (run a surplus). At this stage of the economic cycle, running a surplus is grossly irresponsible, but most people still believe the opposite to be the case.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 6 June 2019 2:26:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I doubt the banking system is regulated enough to control when and if we have a recession
Too many variables and too many finding ways around not actually having the finance to invest in the first place
After the GFC we heard reforms had came about that made it impossible to take place again
They got that wrong
Greed plays a role so does folly as some chase impossible dreams that investing can be risk free
Nevertheless, despite so many condemning it, world trade,[any disruption] is playing a roll in the uncertainty
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 6 June 2019 6:01:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12