The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So where to for Labor now?

So where to for Labor now?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
Labor backed the wrong horse, galloping down the global warming path, use of authority to change our power supply system, & our cars. Obviously the left have fallen for their own rhetoric, & started to believe in global warming, & dream that the public was as silly. The delicious thing is, I doubt they believe it themselves, but thought enough of the public did. Silly folk.

So what now? I watched Anthony Albanese & Tanya Plibersek on the Channel 9 election coverage. I don't watch TV much, so had never seen the man speak. I'm sorry Labor, if you consider him as leader material, Morrison might be in the lodge as long as Menzies.

I saw a confused little man, who refused to accept the reality of what was happening right before his eyes. He was as confused as the very stupid US media people watching Trump's win. A rabble-rouser perhaps, on a good day, but definitely not leadership material.

Then Tanya Plibersek on the same show. Smarter than Albanese for sure, & better at hiding the true woman, but still obviously a hard left feminist, with leanings approaching communist. At least as nasty as Gillard, & probably as responsible for the faulty strategy that caused this loss as anyone.

With these 2 as possible leaders, I wonder if Labor will survive. The old Labor Belly loves & has given total loyalty to for decades, obviously no longer exists. They have gone after the trendy smart ass inner city types & academia, at the expense of both the workers & reality. Perhaps they should bury the party along with Bob, their last leader worth feeding.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 19 May 2019 10:16:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was going to respond to your post but your name says it all. Hasbeen. That is, thing of the past. Scary to think there are people who still think like you. I had hoped they were beginning to die off. Luckily, there are plenty of EDUCATED young people who will correct the peasant ignorance of their predecessors.
Posted by Forwardplease, Sunday, 19 May 2019 5:30:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How typical of a lefty. Nothing to say to refute the argument, so attack the man.

About as confused as confused as Albanese
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 19 May 2019 5:38:05 PM
I watched Albanese and I thought that he spoke like a little boy who had just missed getting a toffee apple.

Labor is in the wilderness for the foreseeable future, it hasn't had a working-class leader since the late Ben Chifley, it became a refuge for lawyers who wanted a change of scenery.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 19 May 2019 5:49:17 PM
If Scomo & Co get into gear asap Labor will not need to worry about leadership for some time to come.
Remember that elections are lost rather than won ! The surest way out for a Govt is to not act quick enough on issues that matter to constituents, be they silly or otherwise. Govt has to take everyone into account !
All they really need to do is to make the local economy a primary component in the policies they introduce. Letting people have more in the pocket is the best way to save money for a Govt.
No need to increase wages if Govt charges & fees are somewhat reduced. There's enough funding to go round just stop wasting so much of it !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 19 May 2019 6:10:18 PM
What a huge relief...I personally left the Labor party behind in the late seventies.
However, i continued my eyes wide open approach towards the liberals and national party, noting their divisive rule totally centered towards the landed gentry.

Seems obvious to me, Labor failure was a creation of the cultural vandals, the Greens tail wagging of the dog.

Dumb and dumber, until even a half brained dolt could recognise the dangers of Labor rule towards actual survival. Their total subservience of all other considerations, towards a vandalising of Australian culture with gay rights.

My own litmus test of all scumbag politicians, is on the pulse of people I know in my own community, rendered homeless by greedy landlords, without a care from national party sitting member. These were pensioners, local families and a balance of working poor.
Not a murmer of empathy, but actually supported the dead deal, under the guise of market forces at work, as cashed up road workers from highway upgrades, flooded the small town.

LNP politicians support the wealthy, as Morrison will during his term, against all-else!

Then escalating power bills, where others I know read by street light through loungroom windows to save power. This is stuff of John Stynbeck.

I won't accept the notion LNP are any improvement . Not a bit, the increasing incidence of underprivileged is a glaring failure of uncaring politicians recruited from the ranks of the wealthy, ensuring privilege stays in the elite upper branches, and welfare will continue to be subject to a trickle down aimed towards middle class greed, already over fat from handouts.

What we need is not more of the same. We need revolution.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 19 May 2019 7:51:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy