The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Start = No Start

New Start = No Start

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Dear Hasbeen,

To the best of my knowledge there is no such law which forces you to receive tax-payer welfare.

Sadly there are laws that force people to pay [also] for welfare. I definitely believe that these laws ought to be relaxed to allow individuals (though not companies) to opt-out of paying taxes. I would never opt out myself because I think that having my money taken out in tax and given to those who need it more than me is a very positive outcome. I do believe that very few would opt out - more will in fact become proud to pay their taxes, including some that currently avoid to.

I consider this a charity and do not wish to condition it on anything except that the recipients, despite living frugally have no money of their own. This includes job-seeking. Let those who want more go out and seek jobs and let those who are willing to do with less sit peacefully at home rather than opt for crime - including crimes in the guise of a job. Due to the advent of "smart" machines there are too few real and productive jobs left and too many useless, if not even harmful, jobs around anyway.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 16 May 2019 1:24:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy, the last person I worked with in Sydney, was a 59 year old Aussie fella. Lost his last full time job at aged 55, absolutely no support, what we would call a "loner", no family, no real friends, he had a good but poorly paid employment history up to aged 55, living week by week. After losing his permanent job at 55, first he was evicted from a $300/week flat he was renting, he had withdrawn his $40k in Supa using the hardship provisions over a couple of years, his money ran out and Newstart of $310/week just wasn't going to cut it for the rent. Lost most of his personal possessions to some bloke and sheila who put him up for a few weeks, then put him out. He ended up in a $160/week one roomer (a shocker). The bloke had the early stages of dementia, undernourished, grubby, being sent to some so called "employment provider", wow, even I could see he was unemployable. But that how the system had him.

In the end, with help from others, he got onto a diso pension, and into a government beddie at $70/week, a government flat about the size of a single car garage, or smaller, no bedroom, all in one, with home help a couple of times a week. That all took 18 months. A sad way to end ones life me thinks.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 16 May 2019 1:25:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul once, not now, even the Liberals thought we needed a welfare for such as you tell us about
Right now even in the very small village I live in the lowest rent is $350 a week
Even a caravan can cost not much less
To claim welfare is only for bludgers is insane
Labor will make it better
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 16 May 2019 3:50:10 PM
18-21 no job = National Service.
21- + no job & single = National Service, married = Newstart
Local Councils must be charged with creating at least some short-medium term minimum wage employment/training.

State departments must also contribute to offer employment for at least on a Crown employee basis for up to three year terms.
Posted by individual, Friday, 17 May 2019 10:16:36 AM
I think you must be losing the plot individual, councils cost more than enough already.

My rates are already 2 months pension, 17% of a single pensioners income. Councils already have a cast of millions swanning around the huge edifices they build to do not very much but give the useless somewhere to spend the day comfortably. I can see no reason at all to add even more useless employees to hold the earth down by leaning on a shovel somewhere.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 17 May 2019 11:51:52 AM
Hasbeen I AGREE! qwe would be better without councilors
Put an administrator in every single one
Rates are insane
My sleepy unserved Village is paying more than some on the central coast [highly populated]
Posted by Belly, Friday, 17 May 2019 3:35:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy