The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How could anyone vote for Shorten?

How could anyone vote for Shorten?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
indy sorry old mate that says a lot about you
We could share a beer of coffee but in truth you seem to get a bit too easily convinced about some weird stuff
Enjoy while you can
It ends today week
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 12 May 2019 1:02:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
Judging by your reply it must have hit a nerve in the truth department !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 12 May 2019 1:14:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for that, Individual,

I'm born and bred an ABC child, my radio is on the ABC now, but that list makes me a bit uncomfortable.

As for climate change, I wish I could get a straight answer to two questions:

1. Has sea-level risen any more than one inch every ten years for the past few decades ?

In Australia, Chris Kenny asserts that, with changes in measurement, etc., the hottest-ever recorded temperature for a capital city (Adelaide, in February this year) was about the same as the previous maximum for Adelaide in 1939. Officially, using different techniques, this year's was half a degree warmer. So my other question is:

2. Is Australia warming faster than half a degree every eighty years ? i.e. one degree in 160 years ?

Surely temperatures in the northern hemisphere (with its much larger land masses, populations and industrial activity) must have risen much more than half a degree in eighty years ? Still, if I were a farmer in eastern Europe or central Asia or on the Canadian plains, I would be calculating how much further north one could grow crops with every degree rise. And therefore how much country would be opening up to cultivation and production.

Half-wits like me can ask questions: are there any bright sparks out there who can answer them ?

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 12 May 2019 2:57:36 PM
indy not sure you even understood your question leave alone my answer
2.2 million people have voted already
Just think, it will be three million before the booths open
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 12 May 2019 4:07:42 PM
60 Minutes just said Australia's unemployment level is at a record low & wage demands would send many jobs overseas. An ABC News reporter said earlier that the Public Service would definitely put on more people If Labor forms Govt.
I have a huge problem with that because many very low paid workers are deemed fully employed for working a few hours a week. That's just crap that the LNP Govt has ignored. People deserve better.
We don't need a larger public service & most public salaries need to be reduced rather than more on more pay.
So, which of the two is the lesser evil ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 12 May 2019 9:53:14 PM
Here's a hint, individual:

When governments reduce the size of the public service, they usually end up hiring consultants to do the work, at much greater cost.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 13 May 2019 12:35:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All