The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Everything is beautiful in its own way...but who's way?

Everything is beautiful in its own way...but who's way?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All
cont'd ...

Dear Graham,

I am rather puzzled. You've admitted that the author
of the link is being sued for criminal defamation -
yet you still allowed it. It would be a shame if
the forum was shut down due to the postings that
may ensue.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 5 May 2019 6:01:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

Take courage:

«You've got to admire people who have the courage of their
convictions and are prepared to do something about it.
Who of us would even consider breaking the law for a cause
we believe in?

Posted by Foxy, Friday, 26 April 2019 11:27:22 AM»
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=20263#358589

I don't believe that anyone would shut down OLO: we might get a warning, perhaps a small fine, that's all. Or perhaps, though still unlikely, Graham may introduce a new forum-rule: NO POLITICS... (a bit more likely but still quite unlikely, NO MENTION OF NAMES OF POLITICIANS): not a problem, there are still so many better things to discuss...
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 5 May 2019 6:24:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

Mr Scott Morrison has promised to crack down
on social media trolling and increase punishments
if the Coalition wins on 18 May.

Mr Morrison promised to increase the maximum penalties
from 3 to 5 years in jail for people who use
social media to - menace, harass, or cause offence,
under section 474.17 of the Criminal Code Act 1995.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 5 May 2019 6:34:22 PM
The right is getting ever more desperate and sinking ever further into the gutter. Shame Graham Shame.
I hope Shorten sues you too.
Posted by mikk, Sunday, 5 May 2019 7:04:11 PM
Belly your well meaning but very miss-guided naivety to life is dangerous.

As I've stated on these pages in the past, I was a member of the BLF in Brisbane during Bjelke-Petersens reign in the sixties.
I've done plenty of marches under a union banner, when it was actually dangerous.
Confronted Queensland police lines unarmed against a violent and armed, right wing radical militia.

Then moved to Port Kembla and became a sub branch President of a ( not to mention) union for a few years, working closely with the waterside workers and the local communist party, advancing pay and conditions for the workers we covered.

I wouldn't mention my feelings for your favourite “Grub” Shorten. They would be unacceptable utterances not appropriate for OLO.

If he'd sold out the workers as he has done, (read the link), in any one of the situations I served in, he'd be lucky to live past the moment.
Gone are the good old days Belly.

I haven't a clue what world your in, or were in, but it could not have been too honourable if Shorten was the best hero you could find to stump up for!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 5 May 2019 7:22:01 PM
Foxy GY has acted with nothing but honor
He is on the other side but he took the time to say what HE DID
Let me say this,yes I was heated in my two posts
And yes we are in DANGEROUS territory,not us here but our country
Hate pure hate is being generated by this election
Gillard faced similar hate
How do we learn to live together?as this tripe has become the normal for the very very lost right
POST TRUMP there will be such a day,such behavior will be questioned, within ten years all our rights to say anything online maybe taken away because of such as this
My post history will prove my insistence on putting the boot in to air thieves on my side
Until we all do, we empower some very real trash on both sides of the house
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 5 May 2019 7:31:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy