The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Conversation About this Election

A Conversation About this Election

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 53
  7. 54
  8. 55
  9. Page 56
  10. 57
  11. 58
  12. All
"You have outdone yourself as a bigoted, elitist stirrer."

Now that's just uncalled for, how exactly am I an 'elitist'?
Yet I am proud to be a bigoted stirrer, and there's nothing wrong with that.
What's more likely to be wrong is that too many men are drinking too much soy and growing breasts like Bill Shorten.
Maybe bigoted elitist stirrer's are just what the country needs.

"I have no idea how you have been able to infer such detritus from what I consider to be a reasonable call for concerted action towards Peace in Our Times."

Because you're doing what they want you to do and think.
Of course they will come and bring solutions for peace.
Just sign your nation away; sign here, here and here.

The whole world is one big psy-op and your playing yourself and your fellow countrymen right into foreigners hands.

"Trump has threatened Nth Korea, Russia, China, and Iran. Is it possible he suffers from delusions? Or just an uncontrollable stirrer?"

Threatened?
Actually he's (scratch that) the US has been making war against them for a long time.
Do you know what sanctions are?
Answer: They're actually a form of economic WARFARE;
40k Dead in Venezeula
http://youtu.be/cgi7TDNh5Ps
(Here's an idea - Lets start a 'Death Clock' for 'US Democracy')

Its actually a form of collective punishment against an entire nations citizens.

The US works like this:
Imagine someone putting a gun to your head and saying "Let's be friends and negotiate".

Do any of you actually read what the sanctions say?
- Mostly they target a nations petroleum building capabilities -

In Iran's case they prevent the sale of Persian carpets
Amongst other things like oil pipes and well, oil...

Thankfully its ok because they're doing it for 'Climate Change;
(No that's not true I was being facetious)
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 5:51:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, I was not in raptures about the result on Saturday. I, like the vast majority got it wrong. One for me old sparing partner Shadow Minister, who did indeed give the Coalition a chance, when all others, including many of their own were writing them off. Well done SM.

I'm still a member of The Greens, Labor in Queensland didn't want me, they must have a long memory, I must be still black listed, stole my wife instead. To paraphrase that great philosopher Marx, Groucho that is; "I would never join a political party that would have me as a member!"

There was a few positives to come out of Saturday, Morrison ran a presidential style campaign, somewhat negative, but won a mandate for his personal leadership, hopefully the detractors within will now be silenced! The total failure of Big Clive was a plus, I hope he pays his workers from Saturday the $150 as promised, they can live in hope. Unfortunate for Palmer, he wont be collecting the $400,000 from any elected UAP members, there wern't any. PO Fraser Anning, good. The failure of a number of far right minor parties was pleasing to me. Not that they were ever going to win. Tony Abbott has gone, I did not like his politics, but I acknowledge he was a community minded person and did much for his local area. Shows politics is a heartless game.

Most pleasing was the young girl I met on Saturday afternoon doing HTV's, we had a talk, and her outlook was very positive on social justice issues, but conservative when it comes to economics. She was handing out for the Liberal Party. I have high hopes that the young adults like this girl, when they take the reins from their parents generation will succeed in making Australia a better place. Despite the dire warnings of the crotchety old soothsayers one finds on this Forum, there will be life after death, in the form of tomorrows generation.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 6:26:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Armchair Critic- It's good to see your posts again. Though I will be in hiatus again soon with respect to posting on OLO.

Shutdown the ABC!
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 7:44:10 AM
Well no longer in campaign mode truth needs and airing
Labor lost, because? we ignored the anti Bill Shorten stuff and, even if not true, handicapped any thing he said
We do, yes do, need to distance ourselves from the greens
We went in too heavy on reform but never explained it
BELIEVE me our behind the scenes heads would not understand voters if they fell over one
We knew adani would go ahead, we should have said it
We knew we would never let the boats start up but lacked the guts to say it
Shorten should have demanded the right to copy scomo, record a message saying to all boat refugees it will not get you into this country
On this matter, it is important, Labor must stop shedding its own base by being cute
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 8:57:33 AM
I was surprised yesterday that a Trotskyist group called the "Sleeping Giants" have apparently caused the shutting down of Australian TV Channel "Your Money" three days ago by contacting advertisers for a boycott. The reasons for the boycott are for the accusation of racist views of the presenters
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 9:00:23 AM
Well you would think the very right won the election
They did not, gloat, feel the victory, it was hard fought and won
But not by extremists, not forever, if anything it will waken Labor to its needed reforms
To too it isolation from its members/branches
Just as defeat would have asked question [that still will be asked one day] about Liberalism
CM quite weird, did you ever spend enough time watch that show to see what it was about?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 2:21:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 53
  7. 54
  8. 55
  9. Page 56
  10. 57
  11. 58
  12. All