The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Halal Kind Meats?? Should ritual killings be allowed to happen in this country?

Halal Kind Meats?? Should ritual killings be allowed to happen in this country?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
For months I have read postings on this forum constantly linking to a site for Halal Kind Meats and touting it as the answer to live exports.

Seems to me that Halal is sending our own standards backwards and has been allowing ritual killing of animals to happen here in this country.
http://www.farmonline.com.au/news_daily.asp?ag_id=44263

I suppose it was just ignorance and wanting to believe that Halal did have the welfare of the animal uppermost in mind, but cutting the throats of animals and just letting them bleed to death? Isnt that one of the reasons people fight live exports? They dont want animals to suffer those barbaric practices? Well, here it is right on our own doorstep.

Why do they want animals conscious during slaugher anyway? Its just plain cruel.
Posted by PF, Monday, 6 August 2007 7:20:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
you're right, pf. in fact, i'm against cruelty to any animal, so let's outlaw dogfights, cock fights, and rugby, league, and afl.

soccer can continue, but players must wear cricket leg protectors.

cricket can continue, but only underarm bowling- headstrikes do little harm to those brains, but there is a chance of eye injury.

tennis to be replaced by beach volleyball.

and most important, cars to be limited to 40k top speed.
Posted by DEMOS, Monday, 6 August 2007 8:39:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with you on this one PF, although I gather that this one
is not just about Halal, but Kosher for the Jewish market as well.

Its also what I have been saying all along. There is plenty of
animal welfare stuff happening right here in Australia that
we should be looking at, before we take the high and mighty
approach that many so called animal welfare groups have taken
on here. ie. The notion that we are so sophisticated and
they are all barbarians in the Middle East. Its simply
not as black and white as that.

But then every animal welfare group that I can think of is
rattling the money tin on their website. They need easy,
catchy, slogans to do it with. "Ban Live Sheep" is exactly
that. Push peoples emotional buttons with much misinformation
and money flows in. Its just not that black and white in the
real world.
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 6 August 2007 10:44:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The fact that it is ritualised is irrelevant. If it is done right, slitting an animal's throat isn't necessarily a bad way to kill it.
Posted by freediver, Monday, 6 August 2007 10:55:48 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where do these people come from?? Any one who thinks it is ok to have your throat slit and left to bleed to death is ok ,in the name of ....whatever,be it animal ,human and or soccer players have sick minds!!
Get these cults out of Australia now!
Posted by patricia22au, Monday, 6 August 2007 11:13:37 AM
Is anyone here privy to the exact slaughter process of the slice of rump steak you buy out of woolies?
How is this most humane?
Posted by Goddess, Monday, 6 August 2007 12:35:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy