The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Another example of muslim culture

Another example of muslim culture

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
ttbn,

"The British Raj managed to stamp out the disgusting, inhuman Hindu practice of suttee, but Islamic savagery against women escaped scrutiny, apparently."

Not quiet,

"Several thousand people attended the sati.[1987] After her death, Roop Kanwar was hailed as a sati mata – a "sati" mother, or pure mother. The event quickly produced a public outcry in urban centres, pitting a modern Indian ideology against a traditional one. The incident led first to state level laws to prevent such incidents, then the central government's Commission of Sati (Prevention) Act."

There have been a number of cases since the British left, but so few in comparison with the general population as to be almost negligible, still the practice exists.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:41:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Henry L surely you can be offended by me without making up things I never said or believe?
I in my post said nothing about burning wives
In fact put those type in the inhuman box too
Constructing a lie, that every Muslim is evil, is sad and untrue
Every Catholic is a pedophile
Most Christian groups hide acts of pedophilia.
See both statements are clearly not true
The three middle eastern religions, Jewish Christian Islam came from one God fable
We no longer need fairy tales to comfort us
Posted by Belly, Monday, 22 April 2019 12:35:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
You stated that you would stop all dealings with Bangladesh because a girl is murdered. So you consider all Bangladeshis to blame for her death. Now you call me a bigot for raising the issue of her death..

So, I say again, how am I a bigot for raising the issue of wife burning, acid attacks and honor killing? These are cultural practices in Bangladesh which is a muslim country.

Just how would you make our country safer from terrorist attack knowing almost all are carried out by muslims. I have stated what I would do.
Posted by HenryL, Monday, 22 April 2019 1:37:00 PM
HenryL,
>acid attacks are part of the culture in Bangladesh and Pakistan and they are both muslim countries.
Firstly, what do you mean by "part of the culture"? The legal system of both countries regards them as very serious offences - indeed in Bangladesh it can be a capital offence (though it depends on what parts of the body were injured) while Pakistan's legal retribution involves inflicting acid burns on the perpetrator.

Acid attacks are also a problem in India, and not just among Muslims. If you want to know the real source of the problem, a lot of it has to do with acid being cheap and readily available. And culture does play a part, though not in the simplistic way you think. Some people in South Asia have a dangerous combination of sexism, a strong sense of entitlement, and a deep hatred of anyone who contravenes their imagined entitlements. That's not something that can be determined by what religion someone identifies as, except to say it's much rarer among Christians.

>Honor killing by family members is common in both countries so it would not surprise if family had some involvement.
That's kind of like saying drug related murders are common in Australia so if a man is charged with murdering his wife in Australia it would not be surprising if it were drug related.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Belly,
Who would a boycott be aimed at? Despite their initial reluctance to take the sexual assault allegations seriously, the Bangladeshi police now have the suspects in custody. And though acid attacks are still a huge problem there, the rate of them is declining.

>Tell me again why God who made us all, made other Gods so we could murder each other...
God did not. Humans did.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 22 April 2019 2:07:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
quote from the preaching of one of the main suspects for Sri Lankan bombings

“Islam doesn't permit standing up for National flag. Hindus, Christians, Buddhists as are Non-believers. *Allah created this land for Muslims*; Kafirs have the right to live, only Muslims have the right to rule. Loyalty of Muslims should only be for the Nation ruled by Muslims. It's a sin to live in the West, land of disbelief. Even if a disbeliever does good things, i hate him, because he is a non-believer.”

Imam Tawidi

the religion of peace and tolerance as the NZ Prime Minister would have us believe.
Posted by runner, Monday, 22 April 2019 3:20:09 PM
runner,

It'd be a great help if you gave a reference now and again.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 22 April 2019 3:52:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy