The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Unplanned movie

Unplanned movie

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All
Individual.

I like the idea, but I don't know about the nuts and bolts of the national service. In other words how to make it work, or if it would work. A few issues would be about how is it payed for, the tax for paying for it, and the pay that the national service would give to the young people serving come to mind. I'm not familiar with either tax codes, or on work labor laws. So therefore, my opinion is of no merrit for the issue.

The idea is also going away from the topic of abortion. So while I like the idea, I don't have any insight on helping it come into being, or if it will last; and it is no longer about fixing the issues that cause abortion.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Thursday, 2 May 2019 2:25:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not_Now.Soon,
I appreciate your input. Paying for a national Service should be neither here nor there. Other countries do it.
It should only be for say 18-20 or 19-21 year olds who are unemployed & only run around the streets with no aim nor any direction. They're costing us more in drug treatment & crime then what it'd cost to send them out doing meaningful work-life experience.
I'm certain that the majority would actually enjoy being out & about & interacting in the community rather than just mill around in their dim, closed circles. There are weeds & pests to be eliminated, waterways to be cleared, walking tracks to be cleared etc etc etc. They could be involved in anything community orientated whilst on Welfare payments. It'd open their eyes & minds to things they'd otherwise never dream of. It'd be a win, win, win situation !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 2 May 2019 8:33:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy