The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sexual Assault Disgrace

Sexual Assault Disgrace

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
What a dreadful thing to have happened.
In nursing homes people are at their most
vulnerable - and the man should have been
sacked immediately followed by a thorough
investigation. Had it been my mother -
action would definitely have been taken.
I shudder at the fact that this man may
still be working there.

Allity in Victoria does not appear to
have a good reputation. They're known as
being over-priced and under-staffed.
And they appear to have a reputation of
being more money-oriented than people oriented
and being tough negotiators when people try to leave.

What should be of a concern are the qualifications
of their staff - and their constant use of "agency
staff." Staff that come and go, and have no real
connection with the residents they look after.

I would not put any of my relatives in an Allity
home. Just from what I've heard.

Also - another concern would be -
Allity are buying out other nursing homes. And
apparently -
They are making money hand over fist.

The more reputable nursing homes are - Blue Cros,s
Bupa, and Arcare - at least in Victoria.
Not sure about NSW.
Allity is not one of them.

I would quickly take my mother out of that home.
Why would any family continue to keep her in
a home where she's frightened - and especially
if that staff member is still employed?
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 11:18:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cont'd ...

My advice to the family -
Sue the bastards!
Get a lawyer - hit them in the
hip pocket where it hurts!
That they would pay attention to!
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 11:21:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He and every offender, including children should be named always
In the end the victim is harmed again, by laws that seem to protect the offender
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 12:27:39 PM
I think a degree of terrorism is sometimes applied to deter on ice and court action. Victims are often warned of stress from couet proceedings. Offenders can even threaten death.

It's amazing a Cardinal can be locked up for sexual abuse of a boy but a creep sexually abusing a decent old incapacitated lady is not even charged.

Has anybody heard any recent news about this matter?
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 10:04:18 PM
If we didn't have such a stuffed-up, money orientated system most elderly would be at home enjoying the care of their family !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 18 April 2019 7:34:13 AM
Matters involving sexual assault of the elderly or the young, are usually followed up 'quick smart' by the Sexual Assault Unit. Once a 'Brief' has been prepared, and all the 'I's' & 'T's' have been crossed by the Criminal Adjudication Unit, it's passed on to the DPP, preparatory to a prosecution being launched and listed for the initial (judicial) hearing. Provided the Magistrate doesn't toss it out, it's really out of the hands of police.

Unfortunately, there are many instances of deals being struck, as well as all manner of 'horse-trading' going on, behind the closed doors of the DPP & the Judiciary. Much of it, is calculated to extract favourable 'pleas' et al. Cutting down the costs of lengthy Hearings & Trials, etc.

At days end, most of us think it's all part of our Justice system. With the word 'Justice' being the operative word? With respect, I think you'd be wrong? It all rests on the almighty Dollar $$.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 18 April 2019 3:16:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy