The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sexual Assault Disgrace

Sexual Assault Disgrace

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Why has this person not been charged or even named ?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-14/aged-care-sexual-assault-dorothy-major/10917524
Posted by JF Aus, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 10:30:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suppose theyll put him on leave on full pay.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 8:40:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nothing has been done because the family was dissuaded from pressing charges, that's why nothing has been done about it. Blame the family. This case is similar to the #metoo reports: nothing done at the time, so rush off to the media when the guilt that they have done nothing catches up with them. Piss weak people! Had something been done about it WHEN IT HAPPENED ('taking a couple of disinterested coppers to the establishment doesn't count, and they 'dissuaded’ any action) action would have been taken. As it is, the public is sick of trial by media and people unwilling to help themselves.

If this poor woman is a victim as claimed, she has been let down first and foremost by her useless family.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 10:21:49 AM
Sexual assault occasioned upon anybody, is bad enough. But to commit such an act upon the elderly, some with profound dementia problems is worse, if such a thing can ever be measured.

Once it was classified as a capital offence, though these days I'm no longer sure? In any event, anyone convicted of such an atrocious act should serve a very long term of imprisonment, as a minimum, of at least fifteen years, before any consideration of parole is given.

Crimes against the person, have always pushed my buttons. Crimes against the 'elderly' and the 'very young;' even more so! This class of evil is not only cowardly but atrocious and straight out wicked. Consequently, no leniency should ever be afforded to perpetrators. Gaol is where they belong, and for a long time too!
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 10:22:49 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there TTBN...

As usual, I agree with your sentiments entirely. You're also quite correct when you aver; some police are lazy, and completely disinterested as well. Police do 'NOT' have the luxury, to be either lazy or indifferent, quite the contrary. They are 'paid' to take an interest in anything that raises their suspicion.

Crimes occasioned against the personage's of the 'elderly, and the very young' should have all their 'faculties firing' in unison in my opinion. These people are least able to protect themselves, from being violated in some measure.

There's a vast chasm between a regular (uniform) sector car, taking a peek at a distance and then doing a 'F I D O' ( 'F.ck It Drive On') when there's nothing much you can do, with that particular job.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 10:47:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks o sung wu. Aged care is a shambles. I hope I shuffle off before I'm threatened with one of those awful places. What happens to residents in too many cases is disgraceful; but it is up to families and the public, with the help of the media, to insist that the people who we pay to protect the vulnerable and fix the problems bloody well do their jobs.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 11:00:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy