The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Captain getup v get up

Captain getup v get up

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. All
Right now Monday SMH a storm in a tea cup has developed see the Captain is said to be rude in front of an independent campaign sign
We have started the campaign badly, already shouted half truths swamp every front page
Get up [ I donate to them] is branded left the Captain right
How silly are we voters?
Maybe as silly as they think we are
This much you can take to the bank, on election night the one then in opposition will speak the truth!
For the first time in 5 weeks
Bill will be gracious in victory
Posted by Belly, Monday, 15 April 2019 4:03:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Seriously,
who in their right mind would vote Bill shorten in?

If he gets his way, the building industry will shrink and thousands of tradies will be out of a job (stopping neg gearing on existing properties) this will cause any investor to NOT buy a new property because as soon as you buy it, it is an existing property, so you can only sell it to some one who wants to live in it, no investor is going to be interested in buying an existing property. Also You are taxed another 25% if you sell it (CGT halved)

And no refunds on excess franking credits, so the 300000 retirees will miss out , but Packer and Rienheart and Palmer still get their tax refund on franking credits, How is that fair Mr Shorten?

Then of course he wants to stop Self managed super funds from borrowing (due to the union controlled industry funds who cant borrow)
Over 90% of SMSF borrow for property purchases, so again less demand for property now.

All up he is going to tax Aussies $300 billion dollars more. You cannot tax your way to prosperity.

More taxes means less economic stimulation, which is less jobs and less pay rises. Ask the ATO they openly say 60% of all taxes raised go back into the economy, 40% is wasted.

Give someone one dollar and they spend it 100%, give it to the tax department and only 60 cents is spent.

Yet people are still complaining "we change our leaders too often" this is not an excuse to vote or not vote for someone.

Look at Australia now, low unemployment , lower debt, secure borders, low crime and a great health system (sure they could all be improved) but why risk this on a man who sold out his fellow workers to get a bigger donation for the union?

Yes the libs have their problems, but increase tax on the nation is not the answer
Posted by kirby483, Monday, 15 April 2019 5:15:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well in fact truth gets a run, and that post enforces my view some truly weird stuff is being done and said for this campaign
Bill it is said, is not to be trusted but this divided government that has just appointed so many of its own to jobs for the boys position is?
Monty Python would be jealous
Posted by Belly, Monday, 15 April 2019 6:19:48 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/q-and-a-recap-james-mcgrath-s-one-way-trip-to-crazy-town-20190416-p51eh2.html
Itis election time, roll out the clowns and lets get the show started
Forget policies, pay no attention to years of polling
We can get by on pure humiliation of candidates and continue to throw mud
See people, some of them, will vote on what the 5 week campaign brings out not the past six years history
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 5:57:02 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-15/nsw-election-results-david-leyonhjelm-misses-out-on-seat/11002814
This could be informing and impact on the election
The final upper house numbers in the recent NSW election
Greens and one nation won two each
Animals what ever won a seat not Leyonhjelm
Who will be the darling of the right ? interesting to me at least
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 6:01:50 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/berejiklian-now-needs-five-extra-votes-to-get-laws-through-upper-house-20190415-p51eec.html
I know, promise my last link
It however, in my view, is the most important thing I will post today
My mob got beat,turned a real chance in to a mouthful of bitter ashes, see our then leader lost it
No one else
But our government won, clearly, some would expect me, and may even feel them selves, to think good stuff
Let the government suffer
Changing their minds, if my side won
It is lunacy, that such a tribe of misfits can stall a clearly elected government
That the clear majority will see a minority overruling their choice get rid of upper houses
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 6:22:58 AM
Belly,
My gut feeling is that Shorten will be so humiliated that he wished a hole would open up in front of him & swallow him.
What's your prediction ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 6:53:19 AM
“Seriously,
who in their right mind would vote Bill shorten in?”

Nobody in their right mind would vote for Bill Shorten; nor would they vote for Scott Morrison. But you don't have to be in your 'right mind’ to vote in Australia because voting is compulsory, so any idiot gets a say, whether they want it or not. Compulsion is not a good way get thoughtful, sensible voting.

I have neither heard nor seen anything that will see me casting a formal vote in the lower house. I still intend to vote only in the senate in the hope of helping to create a brake on whichever gang of buffoons forms a government.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 10:07:00 AM
Belly,

"How silly are we voters?"

Some are silly enough to donate to GetUp.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 10:17:22 AM
Indy HONESTY matters, it should be over, Labor should be back in the stable counting its seats won
Liberals in that place I have predicted from my return, trying to work out how they can again become the Liberal Liberal party
BUT it is not over, not much more than 70 percent of voters give first preference to one of the big two
That number will shrink further
It will you know, if you sold fruit outside on the street, and every one walked by without buying?
Both parties, the very middle of politics, must address the things that drove near 30 percent of voters away
It remains clear a slip of the tongue, from either side, could swing it
Here however is my prediction, a Labor Victory/Government, narrower than some think, majority
Harsh Senate
Shorten, within 3 months of taking over will be liked and trusted by half of us, he may get to 55 percent
Then? the coming GFC it is coming, he will need to govern with *great care* Labor can never again, * spend too much* to stop a recession
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 12:55:40 PM
Belly,
WTF is the Captain?

___________________________________________________________________________________

>who in their right mind would vote Bill shorten in?
People who understand that you can't reliably predict the effects of actions by viewing them in isolation!

The building industry would take a small hit from Shorten's tax changes if viewed in isolation, but if combined with an interest rate cut, it would probably end up better than the status quo.

Similarly, the tax break cuts would in isolation be very damaging to the economy in the current phase of the economic cycle, but the economic stimulus from the planned spending increases would cancel that out.

BTW nearly all of our government spending goes into the Australian economy, the exception being the small proportion that's spent overseas. This has nothing to do with whether it's wasted; that depends on the usefulness of what they spend it on, but even useless spending goes into the economy.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 12:59:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's every chance that Shorten could get in but, how long before he's kicked out unceremoniously by the feminist power brokers in the Left ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 1:13:45 PM
I have been watching the progress of the election on TV and so far I have been more impressed by Mr Shorten than Mr Morrison. The Labour Party have the better policies which will help more people. I watched the Q and A on TV with Nan and Koroua last night, and 3 people were good, even thought I didn't think the One Nation guy was all that good about education. The guy from the Liberal Party was crazy wanting to do all the speaking. My choice from last night was Labour, Green, One Nation, Liberal.
Posted by Wahine, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 2:54:04 PM
Adian,
you said People who understand that you can't reliably predict the effects of actions by viewing them in isolation!

The building industry would take a small hit from Shorten's tax changes if viewed in isolation, but if combined with an interest rate cut, it would probably end up better than the status quo.

Similarly, the tax break cuts would in isolation be very damaging to the economy in the current phase of the economic cycle, but the economic stimulus from the planned spending increases would cancel that out.

BTW nearly all of our government spending goes into the Australian economy, the exception being the small proportion that's spent overseas. This has nothing to do with whether it's wasted; that depends on the usefulness of what they spend it on, but even useless spending goes into the economy

ask any economist and they say lowering interest rates no longer stimulates the economy, in fact it has a negative effect (see Japan)You cant view in isolation, each law has a positive and negative effect. They stopped neg gearing in 1985 and that saw a huge demand for public housing (as no private investors were building homes)and rents went up 40%! over the 3 years until Keating reintroduced neg gearing. Even Keating himself says to alter neg gearing will have a bad effect on the lower income people.

As for planned spending increases will stimulate the economy, is way off the mark, simple 101 economics, the government takes $100 and reinvests $60 and wastes $40. People and private enterprise gets $100 and will spend $100. You are going to stimulate the economy by lower taxes than increasing them. As for the wasted 40%, what about the millions to pay for a human rights commissioner, the millions wasted when a government department changes its name, millions wasted on freebies for public servants and politicians, millions wasted on federal education department which is duplicated with each state.
I could mention more but I am limited to 350 words
Posted by kirby483, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 3:16:33 PM
indy please, the feminist left meets in a single seat VW combi, and has room left over
He will serve his term
Aiden, house building will not suffer AS IT [NEW HOMES]still gets negative gearing
Liberalism has been badly bruised by its rabbid right
It pays for that on the 18th of next month
But, even if a split forms, will return to its Liberal roots within two terms
Senate [chook pen] will have less very small partys, but maybe a bigger cross bench
One nation Palmers shallow Trump style party will hurt the Liberals more than Labor
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 3:54:15 PM
kirby483,
An interest rate cut will still stimulate the economy; it just might not stimulate the economy ENOUGH. The lower the interest rates are, the less effective cutting them is likely to be, and therefore fiscal stimulus would be needed instead. However we do have room for more than one interest rate cut - it's just that the RBA has refrained from doing so for fear of overstimulating the property market.

I wasn't in Australia in 1985, but AIUI the big jump in house prices only occurred in the eastern states. And it's a great pity he didn't stick with it, as we then might've avoided the need for the high interest rates of the late '80s and the consequent recession.

Your "simple 101 economics" is itself way off the mark:
>the government takes $100 and reinvests $60 and wastes $40.
You're assuming an extremely high level of wastage, and I doubt the examples you list would add up to anywhere near 1% of total government spending, but I'll go with it for the sake of argument.
If the government does what you described, the government gets $60 of value, and $100 will go into the private sector.
Whereas if the government cuts taxes by $100, the government gets zero value and $100 will effectively go to the private sector.

Do you understand yet? The money the government wastes is not destroyed, but instead goes to the private sector along with the money the government has spent wisely.

There are three differences, though: firstly, with tax cuts, the government will not get the money back quite so quickly so a slightly larger spending increase would be needed to have the same effect.

Secondly, a spending increase could be targeted to parts of the country where the economic stimulus is most needed. The same can't be said far a tax cut.

Thirdly, a spending increase could probably be implemented more quickly than a tax cut, so could stmulate the economy sooner.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 4:38:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Labour Party have the better policies which will help more people
Wahine,
Is this your first election ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 7:27:58 PM
aidan

You state - I wasn't in Australia in 1985, but AIUI the big jump in house prices only occurred in the eastern states. And it's a great pity he didn't stick with it, as we then might've avoided the need for the high interest rates of the late '80s and the consequent recession."

We were, as people with mortgages during this time, with a mortgages in the 1980's at 17 plus percentage rate are you seriously kidding!

So let's tell the truth - it occurred over ALL states - and not domiciled to the eastern states.

Seriously - please do some investigation into actual facts and come back to us "Aussies" who lived through this area.
Posted by SAINTS, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 8:54:44 PM
Belly you state

"Right now Monday SMH a storm in a tea cup has developed see the Captain is said to be rude in front of an independent campaign sign
We have started the campaign badly, already shouted half truths swamp every front page
Get up [ I donate to them] is branded left the Captain right
How silly are we voters?
Maybe as silly as they think we are
This much you can take to the bank, on election night the one then in opposition will speak the truth!
For the first time in 5 weeks
Bill will be gracious in victory
"

Belly - so with your first post - you and your organisation "Get Up" wish to "destroy Australia".

Maybe - just maybe - there are people out there who sincerely wish for Australia to continue on a path for prosperity for all Australians, no matter what colour, religious credence or life style.

Our children - are our future leaders and employers.

I note that GET-UP is campaigning against Tony Abbott, Scott Morrison and Josh Frydenberg.

So you wish to "destroy" Aussie support that our elected leaders, Tony Abbott, Scott Morrison, including Jim Molan who destroyed the "people smugglers model, with the deaths of 1,200 people (under Labor)- that we know of, who died at sea.

People smugglers don't care about those passengers...,..it's all about money.

I - and most - Aussies applaud our Government - in stopping deaths at sea.

So I ask you - where do you (and Get Up) stand on this issue?

;
Posted by SAINTS, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 9:56:12 PM
SAINTS,
"We were, as people with mortgages during this time, with a mortgages in the 1980's at 17 plus percentage rate are you seriously kidding!"
Any chance you could rephrase that coherently?
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 10:17:37 PM
SAINTS no doubt your SAINTS are not my red v Dragons, but I will be gentle
And honest, yes I donate to getup, and my ALP getup is the youth of this country, its is the future
Current members may one day join either side, but right now they are out to improve our country, settle mate, not destroy it
Try to understand no one side is all evil, or all good
Try, try harder, to understand why years and years of polling, has said MOST Australians do not want this government to win
Are you sure your view is right and their,s wrong
Settle, understand, half the country is not insane get along to a getup meeting listen, tell me if you find any one with two heads there
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 7:45:14 AM
but right now they are out to improve our country, settle mate, not destroy it
Belly,
That sounds noble enough as do most Labor promises but the harsh reality is that they can't deliver & sabotage anything the Coalition could do better.
Labor are so full of academic hangers-on they simply haven't an ounce of competence between them.
History is the proof !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 8:44:42 AM
Here Here, saints and individual,
it seems some of our contributors, wont let facts get in the way of a good story, let them carry on believing that a Labor government wont get us more indebt, increase the cost of electricity, fiddle with our super and raise more tax from it.

There are rusted on Libs and Labor voters, I just hope the swinging voters realise , you can't tax your way to prosperity
Posted by kirby483, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 10:08:51 AM
The only people responsible for the deaths at sea were the people smugglers and those fool enough to trust them.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 10:21:30 AM
Kirby 483 is right. Leopards do not change their spots. Labor does the same thing every time it gains office: wrecks the economy. However, the Coalition is now pork-barreling almost to Labor standards. Remember - the only difference between to parties is border protection. Both sides are big-government, big-spending operators.

For the past three years, the Coalition has been a waste of space, intent on trying to buy votes from people who will never vote for them, and spurning their traditional supporters: supporters who have left in droves; people who won't vote Labor.

No matter which party is elected, Australia will continue to be governed by idiots.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 10:33:32 AM
We will not convince anyone here to follow our views
The best we can expect is if our thoughts and views are ours not Fox or Murdocks constructed lies
Heard on ABC radio a few words from one of his employees,a close one
Ranted and raved in an English accent , about fake news and a public take down of Rupert the Rat
BUT seemingly full of inside information, his putting the verbal arm around Trump's shoulder *told us [inside information] the China America free trade agreement was about to become great*
Thereby for me at least proving the awful little man Murdock, is too close to too many, governments [closer maybe than Rothschilds ever got]
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 12:42:00 PM
Hi individual, I am not old enough to vote yet, but I am interested in the election and what is best for Australia. I find many people in parliament very negative, particularly some from the Liberal side. Yesterday Mr Morrison was on TV calling Mr Shorten a liar without showing where he was lying, just yelling liar which turns many people off. What policies from the parties do you like, or dont like?
Posted by Wahine, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 2:19:35 PM
Wahine

you write

' I find many people in parliament very negative, particularly some from the Liberal side'

sounds like you are blinded by dogmas you have been taught. What could be more negative and deceitful than to scare the young that unless we do away with coal and petrol the planet will fry. This deceitful nonsense has been going on for 50 years. If you were truely concerned about your future you would see what frauds the Greens/Labour are.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 3:07:40 PM
Some people brand others as being 'negative'simply because the don't like what they say. The people accused of being negative are actually quite POSITIVE about their opinions and feelings. People with a poor grasp of the English language are are always making this mistake.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 4:14:51 PM
Wahine life may take you to one side or the other in politics
I as you know, am Labor to the bone
Please understand this site is not truly representative
Some extremist views, that seem to need t insult, exists here
And too while much older than you, feel secure in the understanding today's youth is taking the lead, to a better world
Bill Shorten is not the monster they want to paint him
I knew him, he was my National secretary in my union official days
He is very very bright and well respected, even by some talking against him right now
I truly doubt that will ever be said by me About Scomo
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 4:16:23 PM
Wahine no one more than runner shows how extreme some are
Claiming to be a Christian almost everypost says that is not quite true
Be yourself and know all views have value do not let others cower you enjoy
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 4:19:40 PM
Why would anybody vote for a party that only
takes action -
prior to an election. Suddenly making promises
and attempting to buy votes. Where were they during their time
in office? A party that members are leaving in droves.
A party that does not promote women on merit.
A party manipulated by personal ambitions and back-stabbing.
And the list goes on.

How about a fair go for Australia? For penalty rates, for
hospitals, schools, aged care, et cetera.
Vote for the Coalition and you'll get more of the same.
More fear-mongering, more scare-tactics, more division,
demonisation, is that the kind of society you want to live
in?

Not me.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 5:17:12 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election-2019/conservative-lobby-group-makes-police-complaint-of-death-threat-against-unmasked-captain-getup-20190417-p51f2p.html
The election sure has bought out the lunatics, on both sides
Recommend this mornings SMH its story about Australian Nazi working for Anning is worth reading
Again if you do not want a Labor government, consider why you waste a vote on bound to fail,extremes
My true thanks to the extreme right, we will take all the help they give us
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 18 April 2019 6:48:30 AM
If it weren't for a perpetual failing of Labor policies we could actually enjoy a far less complicated day-to-day existence.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 18 April 2019 7:38:55 AM
How are Coalition policies working out?
How's electing a new PM going?

Lets have more sex scandals, more taxpayer subsidies
fpr coal-fired power, cuts to immigration (more
South African farmers but less of everyone else),
more coal -less renewables, buckets of cash for
Catholic schools, keep the right for religious schools
to discriminate against gay teachers, sell off the
country to foreign investors, tax-cuts for the
rich and corporations, don't keep MPs
ambitions in check, go for revenge, and lose voters
hopes and trust. Lets go back to the times we're all
pining for - the days when society reflected and
the government served the interests of middle-aged
white men.

Yay!
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 18 April 2019 12:06:06 PM
indy you add to my joy, knowing so many think like you [must beten of them]
Sell the ABC in the service of Rupert the rat
Cuts to everything, targeting workers wages
In fact the mad hatter tea party had better script writers than Morrisons mob
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 18 April 2019 12:44:29 PM
I see a common tread in these posts,
the supporters of the current government are asking what's best for Australia?, the supporters of the Labor party are asking what's best for me?

And that's the difference, the politics of envy "lets tax the rich because they have more" compared to "well done on being successful and employing people and growing our economy "

It is not "the top end of town" as Bill explains it. Don't penalize people for having a go.

If you are not successful now, the only person to blame is yourself. Millions of people have come from broken homes and poverty but are willing to work hard and succeed.

the Labor voters should be asking, if someone else can do it why not me? instead of "they are rich , lets tax them". (my apologies to the intellectually disabled as they are the only ones who have a good excuse not to be successful)
Posted by kirby483, Thursday, 18 April 2019 1:06:24 PM
kirby483.

You've said it all. An excellent summary.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 April 2019 1:45:25 PM
Actually it's not a question of "lets tax the rich -
they can afford it." It's - "lets tax those that are
not paying their fair share!" There's a big difference.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 18 April 2019 2:06:19 PM
seriously?
paying their fair share?

Lets look at a small business, they pay GST, CGT, land tax, council rates, payroll tax, workcover tax, company tax, income tax, superannuation tax etc and risk it all by using their own savings to create a better life for themselves and loved ones.

A commonwealth public servant pays GST, that's it, so why aren't you demanding public servants pay more tax?

Why are you supporting Bill Shorten who is going to increase 5 taxes on superannuation, tax on using an accountant (limit deductions to $3000) and tax on self funded retirees (removal of excess franking credits)

James Packer will still get franking credits off his tax, but Mr and Mrs Average who are self funded retirees, no longer get a tax credit, How is that paying your fair share?

The tax department have identified 48 taxpayers who are claiming over $100000 in accountant fees a year, so instead of penalising millions of Australians who claim $3000 or more on accountants advice, why not penalize the 48? ( No says Bill that would mean we wouldn't get as much tax revenue) So , nothing to do with getting the "big end of Town" its all about increasing taxation.

The 5 taxes on super will mean less for people at retirement which means down the track a lot more asking for a handout with the aged pension, which is going to cost the tax payer a lot more.
But Bill Shorten is only interested in this election and will bribe and lie his way into office.

Again, politics of envy
Posted by kirby483, Thursday, 18 April 2019 2:41:58 PM
Kirby 843 it is more a matter of you, not us, saying you see something that is not there
Give any weight to your polling?
To the loss of seats like Wentworth and plenty more
Truth is Liberal voters are rejecting your party
EG campaign to rid us of Abbott
I vote Labor, because it champions the middle
LNP the trade union of big money and bosses cares nothing for true battlers
Even making those who will never be able to own a home fund negative gearing for those who own many
Howard's gift to his voters tax checks, was funded when our country was raking in the benefits of long gone minerals rush
Still paid today by those living on nothing but the pension while pensioners are treated as unwanted people who have lived too long
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 18 April 2019 4:12:17 PM
Belly,
"I vote Labor, because it champions the middle,"

Oh that's classic, you should be on Australia's funniest home video.

Please tell me how, the 5 super tax increases helps middles Australians?

Please enlighten me, how removal of franking credits helps middle Australia?

And how halving CGT concessions helps middle Australia.

How removing negative gearing is going to help lower and middle incomes? Rents will increase when there is less supply. No one is going to build a new home because no investor would buy it afterwards. We all buy an investment property for Capital gains. No gains no investors, it is as simple as that.

Now considering thousands of middle Australians are plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, sparkies etc that will be unemployed because their is no demand for new investor homes (only owner occupied)How is that helping middle Australia?

It is middle Australia that has superannuation, that own a few shares, that may have an investment property. These indirect taxes will hurt middle Australia more.

If you think raising taxes and governments spending the money is way to go, why did Kevin Rudd give everyone $800? Which is equal to a tax deduction, he gave it as he knew we would spend it which would simulate the economy far better than another government infrastructure spend.
Posted by kirby483, Thursday, 18 April 2019 4:39:11 PM
Dear Belly,

Here's wishing you and yours a lovely Easter
break with your family. Have a lovely time.
And don't eat too much chocolate.

Take care.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 18 April 2019 4:50:40 PM
Oh and your comment Belly

"Even making those who will never be able to own a home fund negative gearing for those who own many"

please do some research before you comment on something you know very little about.

In 1980 first home buyers made up 15% of all mortgages applications, guess what the percentage is today? 15% yes that's right , go check with the Real estate institute. This means houses are not more expensive in comparison to 30 years ago. In fact interest rates were close to 17% compared to around 4% for home loans today.

This whole idea that the Labor government is going to help first home buyers is a lie, that you have fallen for. You want cheap housing? Get rid of stamp duty, council taxes and GST on new homes, that will save a new home buyer at least $80k if not more.

Again, its just envy, why don't you have many investment properties?, you have just as many opportunities as every one else?

One final question, do you seriously think a government knows better than you how to look after you? Now think of the countries that have big Government, North Korea, China, India, Yemen etc, look how much poverty and crime goes on in those countries.

I would rather have Australia with a small tax base than any of those countries.
Posted by kirby483, Thursday, 18 April 2019 4:56:25 PM
Belly,
the one thing about you et al is that you expose the average Labor voter's mentality for all to see. Lots of warm'n fozzy idealist drivel but no substance not now, not ever, past performance is the best indicator yet ! If Labor was that good then how is it they never took advantage of doing so well when they were in Govt ?
No, it always took a Coalition outfit to sort out every Labor mess whilst having to fight off Labor sabotage on every single policy ! Nah, don't tell me Labor is good for Australia, I have been here long enough to witness & experience their governing. Good is not a description I'd use !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 18 April 2019 5:02:31 PM
Thanks Foxy and to yours too
Individual face it mate, nothing exists to prove your view is always right, or even true
Kirby 835 is it? can be seen to be the complete opposite to me
But you find, bet you do, that poster right
Unfortunate truth, wrong views exist,once bias enters the debate truth suffers
And AGAIN, see the past three years, and most in the three years before that, polls
Clearly it is the intention of voters to dump this government
CLEARLY Labor's primary vote is the HIGHEST of all single parties
So try telling me I am not capable of honest thought, but read my past posts, know unlike you, I take the stick to my party when it is needed, Australia's next PM? Bill Shorten
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 April 2019 6:28:46 AM
Australia's next PM? Bill Shorten
Belly,
In that scenario the next economic down-turn is the next by-product !
Posted by individual, Friday, 19 April 2019 6:38:34 AM
The last Labor Prime Minister was Ben Chifley and I don't think that we'll see another in the foreseeable future, certainly not if Shorten gets the job.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 19 April 2019 7:51:21 AM
I understand what kirby483 is saying about tax and benefits some people get from the government from negative gearing and tax refunds from shares. I dont think those people, mostly older people, would be hurt very much because of having lost those government benefits. Many people will benefit from the spending of that money on fighting climate change, education, health, housing and all the good thing we need to live a good and happy life.
I live a lot of the time with my Nan and Koroua in their house, because Dad has to work in another city to get decent wages, and Mum also works to provide for all of us, and with school close its better here. My parents both pay a lot of tax, but I do see the benefits from what they pay. I wish they could save enough money to buy a house, because rent is very high, but something always comes up and savings get spent.
I like what Koroua said to me, "Girl, no one ever starved because they did not get enough rent from their ten investment properties." Maybe this election is about what many older people have and want to keep, and what younger people need to make a better life for themselves. Does anyone agree?
Posted by Wahine, Friday, 19 April 2019 8:35:19 AM
Negative gearing is simply commercial welfare !
The only "fair" tax is a flat tax. Tax bracketing is nothing short of taking from the low earners & giving to the high earners on a commercial scale.
Posted by individual, Friday, 19 April 2019 9:05:20 AM
It's strange that Paul 1405, always jawing, and with Kiwi connections suddenly drops out, and this Wahine character turns up claiming to too young to vote and acting dumb.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 April 2019 9:20:08 AM
individual,

It's more like middle class welfare in the same way that subsidies for rooftop panels are middle class welfare. Subsidies for unreliable energy generation constitute commercial welfare; and they are all inspired by politicians buying votes. Have they done anything to buy your vote or, like me and many others, was there nothing at all for you in the budget?
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 April 2019 9:27:31 AM
Dear Wahine,

Well said.

I find it very disturbing when politicians have to
stoop down to the low level of attacking the other
side by using Trump like outmoded tactics like -
fear mongering, calling their opposition "liars"
and so on. It's such a turn off - it seems then
that all they have are attacks - not worthy policies
of their own - which where their focus should be.

In the current climate of distrust, polarisation and
simplistic sloganeering - politicians need to be
convinced of the need for thoughtfulness and
sensitivity as to how their words will be heard.
Negativity has never worked well - and in this climate
it certainly won't be a winning tactic.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 April 2019 9:48:16 AM
Hi ttbn, today is a holiday not much to do, I am 13 and I am interested in this election and what happens, my Nan and Koroua take a lot of interest in politics and watch the ABC a lot, they both know what is going on. As Nan said if you want to talk about the election use the laptop, and Koroua said try your luck with this mob, Nan made the login, you will get the opinion of mostly conservative old people, but they are interesting to talk with, sometimes, she said but dont ask her to make a comment, she thinks its a waste of time. Nan is the youngest old person I know, Koroua is very different, although he is not like a lot of old people, he understands young people very well and you can talk to him easily, but he is to the point to much sometimes, and I tell him to settle down Pop. Mostly I use Snapchat on my fone to talk with my friends who dont like politics all that much. I also use facebook and instagram which are good, and I have Netflix for movies which Nan and Koroua gave us for my last birthday. Nan said I am not to give my name on here ever, which I would not do anyway,.
Posted by Wahine, Friday, 19 April 2019 10:01:24 AM
"Nan said I am not to give my name on here ever, which I would not do anyway". Your real name being Paul, of course. You are not fooling anyone, and you are no more '13' than I am.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 April 2019 10:23:31 AM
Dear Wahine,

Ignore the crotchety old men - they are not the future
of this country. They are a small minority who dwell
in the dark shadows of this forum and only appear to
spew and attack. Don't give them a platform. Ignore
them.

They're toxic - and you don't want to catch what they
have.

Keep on doing what you're doing. You're doing it right.
And listen to you Nan and Grandfather.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 April 2019 11:04:29 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/national/why-warringah-is-ready-to-break-its-liberal-habit-and-abbott-s-reign-20190418-p51fdn.html
Wahine remember I told you to stay strong
Posters like the one insulting you are free to insult here
You are free to ignore them
Please stay around, be yourself, confront others, me too, as you see fit
The link is there, condemn it if you wish, but Abbotts threat is not the ALP, it is his own party
That section of it that has walked away from true Liberalism
Wahine, no matter how insulting and rude, even unhinged that poster gets I will continue to refuse conversation with him/her
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 April 2019 11:50:59 AM
Foxy you are the bright shining light here my true thanks
Wahine while from another background my childhood too was not easy
You, with an attitude like yours, may one day become Prime Minister
NOTHING can stop the insults, know I too was wrongly named Allan B by your tormentor,
And while it was never a secret named myself, even gave my address NEVER DO THAT
My regards
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 April 2019 11:58:31 AM
Dear Belly,

Right back at you my friend.

We've both met some bad people on this forum.
But we've also met some amazing souls, and
their light has filled us both, and will
continue to do so. I'm sure that Wahine will
learn soon enough who to ignore.

Enjoy your Easter break.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 April 2019 2:31:44 PM
Foxy thanks and my best wishes to every poster
While a non believer it is a special day for good people
Concerned about rechtub and Paul hope both are well
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 April 2019 4:24:48 PM
Dear Belly,

Maybe Graham Y. knows something about them
both? Might be worth asking him.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 April 2019 4:38:13 PM
My word, there's a lot of self-righteous , self-admiring bull poop put around here by the neo-coms.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 April 2019 7:19:34 PM
Then why are you reading it?

Get a life.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 April 2019 7:53:18 PM
cont'd ...

Isn't everything coming out okay for you?

Eat lots of prunes!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 April 2019 7:59:52 PM
Foxy GY may not swim in these waters much but hope we are not going to get bad news about either
This morning SMH has a story that, well it concerns me!
Said to be linked to our treasurer's web page a CONSTRUCTED LIE
Damning Labor for a forty percent death duty tax it is said to introduce after an agreement with unions!
Labor has called on facebook to delete it and branded it a lie
IT IS
Now as Trumps style lies is standard issue as a conservative tool what future for elections?
Not less than the work choices election in 2007 has so much depended on a change of government
And that change should come as a result of policy not lies
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 20 April 2019 6:06:38 AM
http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/labor-demands-facebook-acts-on-fake-posts/news-story/84f4a36a0a4140adf53a782c09199aee
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 20 April 2019 6:08:29 AM
Dear Belly,

People are sick and tired of lies and the outmoded
political tactics of negativity, finger-pointing,
and so on. Don't be concerned. Voters are not stupid.
They can see through the spin and lies. I've said
this before - in the current climate of distrust,
polarisation and simplistic sloganeering - Scott Morrison
and his team should be advised of the need for thoughtfulness
and sensitivity as to how their words will be heard.

Their negativity is coming across very badly - and if
it continues - it may well cause them to lose the election.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 20 April 2019 10:57:49 AM
Foxy very true but, see some fall for it hence lies and false stories have been around for over one hundred years
How else could anyone justifie voting one nation? or Palmers latest con job?
Both constantly fail to keep elected members in the shed
It is not over, it will get worse, truth is the first victim in LNP campaigns
Bright shiny toys like sustainable Australia, standing in the chook house, convince the uninformed voter they can change things
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 20 April 2019 12:10:10 PM
Dear Belly,

We need to look at the numbers voting for
One Nation and Clive Palmer. So far they're
not the majority - just a disgruntled minority.
Hopefully after the last fiasco, especially
for One Nation with the NRA in the US - they
will lose some support. As for Clive Palmer -
who on earth would take him seriously?
But then we all thought the same about Trump.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 20 April 2019 1:03:44 PM
Captain Getup appears like "Traditionalists Do The Batman" concept. It's the best thing I've seen today- probably all month. Though some would accuse me of walking around with my eyes closed.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 20 April 2019 1:22:11 PM
To ttbn- Yes the neo-coms and the neo-cons.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 20 April 2019 1:24:30 PM
Posted by Wahine, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 2:19:35 PM

I am not old enough to vote yet, but I am interested in the election and what is best for Australia. I find many people in parliament very negative, particularly some from the Liberal side. Yesterday Mr Morrison was on TV calling Mr Shorten a liar without showing where he was lying, just yelling liar which turns many people off. What policies from the parties do you like, or dont like?

Answer- The reason for the negative campaigns is based on the idea based on psychology that people will avoid negative consequences more than they will seek positive ones. People respond to sound bites. I suggest that when you vote you do lots of research on the issues and act in your own (and your communities) interest not what you think is "good". Thinking trumps Dogma.

Most young people start as Locke Social Liberalists so it's not surprising that it is the case with you too. I would like to see young people given a chance to grow Australia in a broad sense and profit from it.

There are cases of Social Liberals behaving badly too- even more so at times- such as Face Punch California / Jessie Smolin.

There are four main positions or classifications in politics- Economic Traditional Nationalist, Economic Progressive Globalist, Social Traditionalist, Social Progressive. No prizes who I favour. Whatever views you have it helps to frame your understanding of arguments in terms of classification. Most classifications are incompatible with one another so the best you can generally expect is "internal consistency".

Anyway good luck in your voting future- power has been argued for thousands of years- but the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 20 April 2019 1:47:13 PM
Dear Wahine,

Politics despite all the moral delinquency shovelled
on the head of politicians, they are the men and women
who work the machinery of our liberal democratic way
of life. They reflect public opinion - and at their
best lead public opinion - and transmute it into laws
that shape our society and our country.

We have many unresolved problems that face us, especially
addressing Indigenous disadvantage, climate change,
the funding of our infrastructures, our hospitals,
schools, aged care, people with disabilities,
and the list goes on. We must deal
with these to move forward as a free, fair and vibrant
society. I have no doubt we can find the solutions that
suit us, provided we do not succumb to the siren calls of
demagogues, charlatans and ideologues.

We now have opportunities we never had before in
Australia's history. The best years for our country are
still ahead of us - all we need is the right leadership.
So - think carefully before you cast your vote.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 20 April 2019 2:52:03 PM
Dear Belly,

Poor Captain GetUp. His posing and strange
American accent are not going to change the
public's mind.

If Advance Australia doesn't have the money
to spend on advertising that will sway their
target electorate (like Abbott's Warringah)
then they need to fire up the base and get
their people knocking on doors. Try chainging
votes one-by-one. People power.

What the heck are they giving people with Captain
Getup? A superhero that can't fly? Does anyone
know what's the alternative being proposed or what
the issues are that this guy represents?

Does any one care? Is he getting any media coverage?

Thought not.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 20 April 2019 3:00:19 PM
Foxy we voters are the reason such as capt getup exist
One side of politics is convinced they can con their way to another three years
Such a three years as the last six
If voters take their brain, not their biases in to the polling booth, it will be a vote for a better country
If not? a reward for failure
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 20 April 2019 3:55:42 PM
was there nothing at all for you in the budget?
ttbn,
well, the $9 rise in the pension was taken up in the first week by a rise of $8 for a carton of beer. Cheers !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 20 April 2019 5:55:21 PM
Cheers to you Individual. You deserve a beer.
Posted by Canem Malum, Sunday, 21 April 2019 2:59:19 AM
Another day another lie, the current investigation in to possible shonky water dealing is confronting
We are fed daily bright and shiny new lies about just about anything
But not hearing what Scomo intends to do about the climate and renewable power generation
Nothing about the left v right war within the governing parties
Even Barnaby's plan to make a come back
Morning after the election we will hear heaps, as fear and loathing fails we will see true navel gazing by a defeated government
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 21 April 2019 5:49:39 AM
Dear Belly,

Happy Easter to you and yours!

I had a few friends over last night and I told them
about OLO.

One of them said - "Oh yes, the monkey-cage!"

I asked "What do you mean - the monkey cage?"

He replied, "that's where you go in and the monkeys throw
their faeces at you."

I didn't know what to say.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 21 April 2019 9:13:11 AM
Just scrolling through on a boring Sunday and noticed that Belly was wished a happy Easter by the same person - twice - in the same thread. Belly must be having had a wow of an Easter!
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 21 April 2019 11:31:39 AM
Dear ttbn,

Wishing you and yours a Very Happy Easter.
May the Easter Bunny crap all over your
chocolate. ;-)
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 21 April 2019 11:40:25 AM
Foxy thanks mumbles from the sideline must be taken as just a childlike effort at annoying
Your friend has been here I think
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 21 April 2019 12:30:40 PM
Foxy,

"I didn't know what to say."

There's a first time for everything!!
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 21 April 2019 12:57:42 PM
Is Mise,

Good one! Of course she might not carry on in real life the way she does here. Here, she can't keep quiet. Perhaps hubby is boss at home, and/or she is not as brave face-to-face. I've never known anyone to be so desperate to have the last word on anything and everything. There is always the possibility that she invented or adapted the monkey poo story. Very few people have heard of OLO, and those who had would not be able to compare it with other, rubbish, social media like Facebook or Twitter where such comments would be appropriate.

All part of a fanciful half-life I suspect.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 21 April 2019 1:48:17 PM
Gentlemen,

Thank You for proving my point.

I knew I could count on you both.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 21 April 2019 2:00:07 PM
Foxy,

As ttbn wrote, "I've never known anyone to be so desperate to have the last word on anything and everything.".
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 21 April 2019 2:39:51 PM
Is Mise,

You don't go out much do you.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 21 April 2019 3:39:33 PM
How's it feel Foxy? being the subject of a verbal bashing by an IQ lower than the posters socks?
In truth that desperate need to rock others boat seems unhinged
Stay calm, do not respond, know good posters here understand
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 21 April 2019 3:56:40 PM
Is Mise,

She won't give up, mate. She simply must have the last say. It's pitiful. She must squat in front of her computer waiting to see her name mentioned. When it happens, she's like a blowfly in a bottle. It's probably cruel to encourage her. We shouldn't do it.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 21 April 2019 4:21:17 PM
Dear Belly,

The faeces is still being thrown.

Monkey see and Monkey do!
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 21 April 2019 4:42:46 PM
Issy, ttbn, I owe you guys a mountain of gratitude.
You have both succeeded in finally catching someone out, who shall remain un-named for fear of the 'teachers pets' out there, running to mummy, in spite.
I think the idea of not responding directly but talking about them in the third person, is probably the safest thing to do, at least safe for yourselves anyway.
The thing which is surprising is the childlike attitude they project.
Wanting to have the last word is a very typical trait of an immature person, or child.
Insisting that their views and opinions are always correct.
Unwilling to cede a point, even after many examples have been presented proving conclusively they are wrong.
Deflecting or ignoring a point or question, which if accepted and answered, would conflict with their proposition on the statement in question, so they just deflect or ignore the whole thing.
They refuse to accept that their views are dangerous at times and put lives at risk.
No I suggest not responding to them directly, but speaking of them or their shortcomings in the third person, it will irk them no end, and leave you with the upper hand, and you won't have to endure the proverbial, 'last word'.
Their insecurities are a matter for the mental professionals to study, as I have never encountered a group of people so eager to pat each other on the back, for no good reason, other than they feel insecure because they know their beliefs are those of fairy-tales and bed time stories, but are so deeply invested in them by now, that to come over to the enlightened side of the room, will be too much for them to handle.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 22 April 2019 3:02:29 AM
Foxy clearly your friend has been here
Monty python may have left some scripts here too
Why do we come,? well some come because they need to insult others, and in the real world everyone walks away from them
Be proud Foxy, long before the usual suspects came here you stood out
Caring for others and long gone posters if still here would never let you go unprotected from the few
Online opinions, not just here, are often powed by the fact no one knows who most are, a form of gutlessness
But if we look, every week,a better poster,one willing to debate without anger arrives
We are on the right track
The monkeys still throw it but in the end that is all they produce
Posted by Belly, Monday, 22 April 2019 7:38:49 AM
The monkeys still throw it but in the end that is all they produce
Belly,
wrong as usual, the produce is merely flung back at the producer !
Posted by individual, Monday, 22 April 2019 8:16:59 AM
Ignoring the 'irrelevants' and the 'deplorables' and getting back on topic and talking sense and not nonsense.
The biggest blockade we have and the biggest problem we have as a nation right now is not the govt's, it never is.
The thing controlling us, and in fact, the world is the banks.
They are preparing to unleash the next GFC, because that's one of their ways of making money.
We are being choked by the bastards, through higher deposit demands for home buyers.
Think about it, currently we have the lowest interest rates in history, the lowest house prices in decades, so it's not these two factors at fault.
It's the greed and avarice of the banks, and of course guided by those who control the banks, one guess who, that has put unrealistic demands on young couples and first home buyers by demanding 20% deposits before they will lend them any money.
This is extortion on a grand scale and the govt is too gutless to do anything about it.
Imagine wanting to buy an average $500,000 house, and suddenly being told you have to front up with $50,000.
Unless you started saving from the first pay, it is nearly impossible to save that much and trying to live in one of the most expensive economies in the world.
If the couple are lucky and they come from middle/upper class families it's possible that both the couples families could give them $25,000 each to get them started, as the deposit, but that is highly unlikely in this economy.
The parents are more than likely cash strapped today, where once upon a time they would have substantial savings to draw on to help their children in situations like this.
I would suggest if the banks actually gave a toss about people, they might consider pulling back finance for investors and speculators and making it easier for young couples to get into their first home.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 22 April 2019 9:16:04 AM
Dear Belly,

There's nothing which gets the monkey's more riled
than being laughed at and not being taken seriously.
Being ridiculed. Their reactions are something to
behold. All that needs to be done is to sit back
laugh and enjoy their attempts.

Captain GetUp, the
truth crusader, typifies the attempts of these kind of
people to try to get their message across.

He's a guy in a weird superhero suit who will appear
in marginal seats to expose the alleged links between
the organisation GetUp and Labor and the Greens.

What he will say apparently :

"I am Captain GetUp the thruth crusader after 14 years of
secret backroom deals they are finally letting me out of
the office for this election campaign. My mission is to
show the world what clever tricks we use behind the
scenes to increase political correctness and manipulate
voters. At GetUp we really know what is best for you.

Incredible stuff.

One question - how close do you have to be to Captain
GetUp to hear his spiel? Because from a distance - it
could easily just look like an ad for GetUp.

The same as our monkeys - talking to each other. Who else
actually reads their stuff?

Social media had a great time with Captain GetUp:

I am Captain GetUp, the truth seeker.

So, you're from GetUp?

errr, No.

So, why are you called Captain GetUp?

Give me 3 more minutes and I will explain.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:47:11 AM
ALTRAV,

Yes. The type of person under discussion has been written up by mental health experts regularly. It is pointless to argue with them; they have a condition that is harmful only to themselves, and we don't help by responding to them - although their irritating ways do get a a bit much at times. Someone might come up with a cure one day, and we have enough contrary posters with normal characteristics to deal with and have a bit of fun without the intensive ego thing.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:55:37 AM
"Baba daba daba daba daba daba dab,"
said the monkey to the chimp."
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 April 2019 12:28:27 PM
Capt getup, we may be in his presents here right now
A hugely funny but sad failure to impress that the real thing is
Today we hear about a cayman island firm doing business with our government
As wecan not know who is controlling that tax haven firm it leaves room to ask is it anyone on the current front bench
Posted by Belly, Monday, 22 April 2019 12:46:45 PM
Errrr, ummmm, guys I think we may have pushed someone a little too far and now she's finally 'cracked' and exhibiting signs of having 'lost' it.
She has tried valiantly to hold it together, but the strain has beaten her and now we see the result, in her posting.
In trying to post she has lost all her capability of coherent speech.
Oh well, it was only a matter of time.
But it's OK she has enough followers and well-wishers that they will either be admitted sooner or later or at least visit her every now and then.
Sad, very sad.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 22 April 2019 2:16:41 PM
"Aba daba daba daba daba dab dab,"
said the chimpie to the monk.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 April 2019 2:31:36 PM
ALTRAV,

Ditto to that. Time to let up. Her boy friend complained to Graham about me, and things are looking ominous with this one now. Seriously. We don't want to be accused when the spring goes ping. Victims. Bullies. All that stuff that that comes up when certain people don't get their way.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 22 April 2019 2:38:32 PM
Some facts about monkeys:

Those big-eyed furry creatures may seem harmless.
But once they reach sexual maturity experts warn,
monkeys can become aggressive - and some
monkeys also harbor deadly diseases like herpes B
that they can pass on to humans via bites and
scratches.

Although some people remain undaunted by the risks
of adopting a monkey as a pet - viewed as status
symbols or substitute children.

It's advised though - best to avoid contact.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 April 2019 3:15:15 PM
Ooooookaaaay?
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 22 April 2019 3:39:18 PM
Creepy.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 22 April 2019 5:26:49 PM
Good news for the monkeys.

A cage-free zoo is to open in Sydney's West.

A 16.5 hectare area in Bungarribee precinct on the
Great Western Highway in Blacktown is marked for
a world-class zoo.

The monkeys will be able to freely throw their faeces
at whoever they want without any restrictions.

Not so sure how this will affect visitors and other residents.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 April 2019 6:11:11 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace/public-holiday-surcharge-remains-despite-penalty-rates-reduction-20190422-p51g6n.html
The thread was about the day to day weird things being used in this election
The link tells a story, see removing penalty rates has only let some rip of the customers to

Now the underachievers haunting this thread armed the product of the southern end of a northbound bull
Please take it to another thread
You taint the pace and intelligent thought
No power to force you but sure both seem ready for a nappy change give it a break please
Foxy if the children continue it will ,AGAIN, FORCE ME OUT OF THIS SUBJECT
Posted by Belly, Monday, 22 April 2019 6:17:44 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election-2019/one-in-two-voters-don-t-understand-how-to-vote-for-the-senate-poll-20190419-p51flf.html
The chook pen is a very real danger to Majority government
Without it we would have fewer idiots in the house
Posted by Belly, Monday, 22 April 2019 6:42:12 PM
Belly, you must be berating Foxy, because if memory serves, and a quick revisit of the posting will confirm, it was Foxy who decided she clearly has a thing with faeces, aka, excrement.
So I hope your aiming your displeasure at her, and not us, as we have merely been unwilling respondents to the disgusting innuendo being thrown at us by you, Foxy and Co. (pun intended)
I suggest you cease and desist as further attacks of this nature will raise the ire of your mate Graham, and he will be forced to close you all down for OLO violations.
Now being the saintly types you try to project on OLO, I am sure you do not want that image tarnished by being censured by OLO.
There now, isn't that a lot better.
Now children,let's get back on topic.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 22 April 2019 8:17:02 PM
It seems Foxy is quoting the lyrics as below...

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/debbie_reynolds/aba_daba_honeymoon.html
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:26:20 PM
Dear Belly,

It was ttbn who started the verbal bashing on page 11
of this thread referring our conversations as "bull
pooh." Which was totally uncalled for and our conversations
should not have been any of his concern. They had nothing
to do with him.
I suggested he eat prunes - and it went
on from there. I tried using satire and the
behaviour of monkeys to make a point.

It's common knowledge among zoo workers that faeces
throwing amongst monkeys is very common. They get even
more aggressive and frustrated if they're ignored.
They may even resort to trying to rip their cages apart.

With that in mind - I think it best if I do leave this
thread because I simply don't want to continue to
encourage their frustration and bad behaviour. I can see
now that monkeys are not capable of getting the message
and it was silly of me to think that they could.

Monkeys will remain monkeys.

See you on another discussion.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:29:11 PM
"Aba Daba Honeymoon", an old novelty song by Arthur Fields and Walter Donovan from 1914
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:33:13 PM
CM,

No, Foxy isn't quoting the lyrics of that song.
Merely the Aba daba and Baba daba bits - to make
a point.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:34:14 PM
cont'd ...

Any one who's studied Cinema or has an interest in
Cinema, the Golden Age of Hollywood, old movies,
would be familiar with that song.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:40:45 PM
CM, I hope you can make sense of all this because I can happily admit, I have NO idea what the agenda is.
Lyrics of a song, monkeys, chimpanzees, prunes, faeces, zoo's, I have no idea what is going on.
I don't even know what the heck Captain getup is.
I get the feeling some on OLO are starting to realise that just maybe we might be right after all.
And that realisation is beginning to sink in.
Fight it as they may, but the truth will always out.
I wish someone would tell me what the hell this discussion/topic is about.
Captain getup? Really?
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 12:18:14 AM
ALTRAV- There are a few articles on Captain Getup in The Guardian, other "left wing" news outlets. I just Googled it... Seems that a group has been formed "Advance Australia" with support by people including Sam Kennard. Captain Getup seems to be a novel way of introducing the concepts of traditionalism in a less confrontational way. Traditionalist struggle with getting the message across so being able to have a non threatening character that can give the alternative view without being threatened with Doxing by Antifa. Sort of like Batman that needs a mask to fight organised crime because society is rotten.
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 12:30:43 AM
Foxy having read you last post I agree, *in fact ttbn used a form of bulling*
Aimed not just at you but me too
I have counter puntched, should have walked away from the thread I started
Have isolated myself from these two posters, not posting, or trying not to, in threads they start
Decorum is not possible in any online site
But it takes a bashing here, from the few
Ironic that in a thread about over the top silly actions, we got posts displaying just that
Much more to say but not sure, will watch,if the thread will be closed down by two posters who seem unaware they are vandalse
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 6:59:02 AM
I wish someone would tell me what the hell this discussion/topic is about.
Altrav,
It appears to me that it's not getup at all, it's drag-down ! With the mentality of monkeys is it any wonder things go from bad to worse ? And, with so much faeces being flung around its inevitable that much of it sticks & makes a poor mentality poorer !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 7:06:43 AM
Beware of the vandalse!!
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 8:21:15 AM
A certain person has referred to herself in the third person, not for the first time, either. This condition is called 'illeism', and is linked to narcissism and an inflated ego. There is a tendency for 'illeists' to use other people's ideas, being bereft of ideas themselves.

Another certain person is still rising to the bait and complaining about being tormented even though he says he doesn't do it any more.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 9:55:53 AM
Time to leave another thread, or lower myself to the level of the usual subjects
A day nmust come, or should I say should? when you can no longer see the posts of childlike grumpy old men who understand not much at all, see you in another thread Foxy
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 12:02:16 PM
Hi, been on a one week holiday in Sydney with Dad, and have not seen any of the politics. I watched the Drum with Pop and Nan last night, my first TV for a week, did anyone else watch, Pop loves that show? I liked the young Asian guy speaking, seems really on to it and up to date. I thought he was Labour but Pop said he was Liberal, and was state not federal so he is not in the election. He spoke with some really good ideas, I liked him, dose anyone else think he is the kind of person needed in the government.
Posted by Wahine, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 8:19:47 AM
No.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 8:39:55 AM
Dear Wahine,

I also watched The Drum and yes I agree - the
young man you're referring to - did have some
good ideas and would definitely make a great MP.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 2:19:17 PM
Wahine welcome back watch that program not sure that one, but it is a good program
Politics is the only way we can have any say in how we live
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 4:11:20 PM
Dear Belly,

Wahine was right about that bloke.

He was unusual for a politician. He actually
had thoughts of his own instead of toeing the
party line. Most of them just spew up their
party mantra. This bloke didn't. Which probably
means he won't last long in the party.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 1 May 2019 7:09:36 PM
Foxy sounds great, you are talking to a man who lives for his party, but is likely to be thrown out of it after the election
See I am about to AGAIN highlight a thief, have done it before in party and union
We need true reform true openness and a true look at why both sides can not fill branches
Chapter three finished in a book working title *solidarity a filthy rug?*
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 2 May 2019 6:21:42 AM
Dear Belly,

I watched the interview of Bill Shorten with Leigh
Sales last night on the 7.30 Report. It was very
informative and the policies were explained very well.
It just goes to show how effective a proper conversation
can be in a more relaxed less formal setting.

I hope that the next debate between the two leaders
will be less structured, with less obstacles, and far
more relaxed than this last one was - where they sat on
those ridiculous uncomfortable chairs and grinned like
idiots - awkward.

Last night was much better. And far more effective.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 May 2019 10:18:35 AM
Foxy once over the line Bill will become the brilliant man and leader I knew
Concerned about the chook pen, it may well stall change
But it is becoming clear the very extremes are in fact hurting Libs much more than my side
Some are so out of touch they continue to make racist comments and anti women
Ignoring 50.2 percent of voters are women
And 27 percent of voters are born in another country
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 2 May 2019 11:44:16 AM
Dear Belly,

The difference between the current government and
their opposition is really striking in this election.
Negativity and simply attacking no longer works for
most voters. Labor is doing a great job by presenting
and explaining their policies prior to the election.
Giving people a clear choice.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 May 2019 2:53:38 PM
Foxy yes in the end this LNP campaign insults us all shouting they think we are too silly to see it for what it is
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 2 May 2019 3:45:34 PM
Get ready for the electric car in fantastic quantities and the resultant blackouts.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 2 May 2019 7:22:56 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-03/federal-election-scare-campaign-targets-chinese-australians/11073514
Power, influence, money, we are used to that buying elections
We even know lies work
This link shames some voters
Those who believe it
It is aimed at? sons and daughters of migrants, at migrants themselves
It too is aimed at those who think little about politics, those who believe anything
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 May 2019 5:42:24 AM
How is it a scare campaign Belly, when it is true. This & their ridiculous power plan, & electric car plan scare me greatly.

Incidentally how can you complain about lies in election campaigns when the biggest lie ever told in a campaign is "There will be no carbon tax in a government I lead"

Any party who's leader can lie so blatantly should be banned for at least a couple of elections.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 3 May 2019 11:56:03 AM
Hasbeen you old devil, hope you are well, understand you are as biased as I am
In my case it is because I study, even live for the ALP and people who are worse off than me
Not sure about your reasons
But you always make me grin
Fancy going back to Gillard, even I could find something nearer to day
But the huge giggle you got from me was worth it
Hasbeen the fear and loathing, lies and fake news, shows highlights
Your mob dare not run on its record
How many candidates have been lost now?
Are you and Menzies House using Pauline Hanson's system to recruit candidates?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 May 2019 12:37:23 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election-2019/labor-candidate-luke-creasey-under-increased-pressure-to-resign-20190503-p51jpv.html
Yet another idiot leaves politics for good
And for good is true, the good of the party, voters, and why?
How did he get selected
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 May 2019 3:57:12 PM
Belly, my only interest these days is just what will Australia be, for my grand kids to inherit.

I am pretty anti Muslim, but I believe a Muslim nation would be immensely better that a socialist one, led by someone like Shorten.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 3 May 2019 8:51:43 PM
Hasbeen Hope your grand kids get the life you want for them
Dare I? bring a little reality in to this?
Muslims are about two percent of the population do we agree
Yes the right has a point, they have more children than we now do, mum and dad would have given them a run for their money
So they are going to bring in their own system of law?, how? both majors will never ever let that happen
Up this thread, or was it another? Chinese Australians are being told we intend to bring in 100 thousand a year, and that each of them! can bring in six relatives 700.000! a year!
OUTSTANDING but the product of the southern end of a north bound bull
I fear drought climate change, the frailty old age brings, my mind leaving before my body
But never Phantoms
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 4 May 2019 7:52:58 AM
Belly, bet the poms thought too.

Now their capital has a Muslim mayor.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 4 May 2019 5:13:25 PM
The Hindus in India thought that the Islamic invasion was just another historical hiccup that would go away; pipe dream.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 4 May 2019 6:31:49 PM
Hasbeen,
What exactly do you think is wrong with London having a Muslim mayor?
Does he have any objectionable policies as a result of his religion? If so, what are they?
Posted by Aidan, Saturday, 4 May 2019 7:13:39 PM
Dear Hassie,

Sadiq Khan is more than just the Mayor of London.
(3rd one) , he's a Member of Parliament (2010 - to
present). He was Shadow Secretary of State for Justice
(2010-2015) and Shadow Lord Chancellor (2010 - 2015).

It may interest you to know that there were other
Muslim Mayors before him.
There was the Lord Mayor of Bradford (1986-1987)
and then the Mayor of Tower Hamlets who was also
Muslim (2010 - 2015).

In the UK there are also 16 Members of Parliament and
18 Peers - who are all Muslim.

Sabrina Houssami - A Muslim - was Miss World Australia in 2006
as well as a former Miss World Asia Pacific.

CEO of Australia Post is a Muslim, and I could go on -
but you get the picture.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 4 May 2019 7:47:20 PM
http://www.9news.com.au/national/federal-election-nine-politics-correspondents-scott-morrison-bill-shorten/60735ef8-2bdd-40cb-ab5c-93a2b570eda4
Well the thread is about highlighting the insane things that take place dureing this campaign
We can, if we look without bias, see idiots on both sides
A far larger group of idiots exists, and we have not seen them mentioned here
VOTERS
Both sides, by these actions, shout at us they know SOME will believe anything
Bill Shorten? welcome to the lodge
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 5 May 2019 6:08:38 AM
Meanwhile Sam Dastardly is still around.

http://www.australianhunting.net/gallery/99-030519113554.jpeg
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 6 May 2019 8:35:53 AM
Ise Mise I could post a hundred postsnaming Labor rats in the ranks
You, if you wished, could bring yourself to do it, could furnish me with two hundred such posts, about your side
The difference?
I want better you except worse, by not calling out those you should
Is that few words [not in any way contributing to the subject, meant to harm?
Well in its lack of substance/thought/it contributes in the end to this thread
Meaningless but informative
Posted by Belly, Monday, 6 May 2019 4:05:54 PM
Dear Belly,

Don't forget to watch Bill Shorten answering
questions on Q&A tonight (6/05/2019).

I wonder if Mr Morrison will agree to appear on
the program prior to the election?

Also will
former Liberal PMs and MPs - attend the Liberal Party
Launch on Sunday - as the Labor Party's did?
Will we see Malcolm Turnbull and Tony Abbott
and Julie Bishop sitting side by side supporting
Scott Morrison?

We'll have to wait and see.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 6 May 2019 4:28:09 PM
Belly,

"You, if you wished, could bring yourself to do it, could furnish me with two hundred such posts, about your side"

I don't have a side, I consider both major parties to be virtually one and the same, two sides of the one coin; a double-header.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 6 May 2019 4:44:03 PM
Ise Mise we get the two existing sides
Voting for Palmer Hanson, or the others will change nothing
Posted by Belly, Monday, 6 May 2019 6:20:35 PM
Belly,

The Senate is our only hope.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 6 May 2019 6:37:51 PM
The chook pen has its hands around the throat of informed voters intentions
So hope? cut the number of senators by one per state
Increase the vote needed to twice its current value
One vote one value,no preferences
Term 3 years in lock step with lower house,both houses full election together
Restore sanity to the chook pen or abolish it
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 5:16:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy