The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Ending Globalisation and world trade

Ending Globalisation and world trade

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19
  13. 20
  14. 21
  15. All
indy please, you comment without seeming to understand what the issues are
Not looking to insult you but if I ever need advice it will not be from you
Have reason to doubt I will be around all that long but in truth know,not think, know, Trump is a shallow con man, his followers,uninformed
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 6:29:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi CM,

So who has to go ? The elderly ? Since, i suspect, you're one of us/them, that's not likely in your World Dictator scenario.

Non-whites ? Those who breed up so fast ? How would you propose to get rid of them ? Africa is as big as four Australias, so it might need quite a few atom bombs.

By the way, with the world's population growth rate slowing down, it's likely that population keeps growing, to a large extent, simply because people are living longer, not so much because more babies are being born [see Runner about that dilemma]. World population looks like stabilising by the end of this century,

So, as living conditions improve in the Third World, as it used to be called, populations will rise for this reason alone, up to about 2100.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 6:32:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In Answer To Loudmouth- Older people are not of child bearing age. I think we need to concentrate on turning off the human production "tap" on the bath of the Earth- rather than "bailing out the water".

As I've said in the past I prefer benign forms of population control over malign and Australia and the Traditional British Australian Culture has been fairly responsible. The Big Australia politicians perhaps should be goaled or gagged in the best interests of the future world.

I would favour a one child policy for Africa and India but they would need to address some of the failures in the Chinese situation. But it's not my or our decision it's their responsibility to manage their activities and the results of them- we need to hold them responsible for problems that spill over their borders. In the end it is their responsibility to act. If your neighbour brought rats due to their rubbish it would be their responsibility too if it affected you.

Median population projects year 2200 at 12 billion people as the maxima point- it could be higher or lower but will require decisiveness to achieve that. Not everyone is willing to take the commitment to solve problems- otherwise we would not be in our current situation.

Action and Thought is what creates our future- Ayn Rand.
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 7:21:38 PM
Dear Belly,

What a bombardment of questions...

As I said, I believe those questions to be of a secondary nature, they are like aspirin, addressing the symptoms rather than the actual problem of overpopulation.

Nevertheless, let's have a look:

«Yuyutsu, would a benevlent Dictator do better?»

I suppose, so long as they remain benevolent.

What can we do if they lapse?

«Would firmly policed laws work»

Firmly policed laws can safeguard the supply of food, water and similar commodities that are necessary for survival, but they cannot support freedom, thus what's the point in surviving?

«Do we want to end hunger, house people, health care education,are we concerned about war and murder in the middle east? south and north Africa
Asia?»

The answers are mostly in the negative.
And the more squeezed we get and fearful over the loss of resources and our own survival, the more negative our answers become.

«As we humans are failing maybe at the cost of our freedom one world government can work»

But I wouldn't take the risk: currently if things become really really bad, then I can pack up and move to another country, but if the whole planet is one country - then where could I escape?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 23 April 2019 9:25:23 PM
you comment without seeming to understand what the issues are
Belly,
Why, just because my comments don't put your beloved Labor onto a pedestal ?
Globalisation is the product of everything in an increasingly technological society. Leftists have had the most negative impact from mentality to the misuse of technology. They interfere in matters environment to economy, again in negative terms. They're a major cause of social disharmony through their preventing the disciplining of children by their parents. These social "experts" literally have blood on their hands yet they always put the blame on on those who actually care.
In my book the Left is simply sick !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 24 April 2019 7:22:46 AM
indy sorry mate but that comment does not make any sense
Yuyutsu yes we are in deep water here, not sure my views will make much sense to you but here they are
Think we share a basic, every human should be fed housed have health care and education, and equality
Now are we humans being hood winked?
Why can world powers and the UN end wars? why not fed house and educate all
Is there a dark reason for the very real mess this world is in?
One day eitherby war or contructed long term plans ,someone will offer one world government
People as the old slogan tellsus,will call it freedom
The divisions God and fear of difference brings may be a toy we are given to ensure we do not demand better from our leaders while they plan something evil
We without change are nolonger in chargeof our destiny
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 24 April 2019 7:38:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19