The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Ending Globalisation and world trade

Ending Globalisation and world trade

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All
Had this world never had seas we would not need to talk about this
We, long ago, would speak the same language, and be one humanity
We can not turn back Globalisation, not stop world trade
Tell how if you think we can
Spend some time thinking about a possible world war
Right now, like it or not China Russia, or both together could be the winner
One world would not be optional then
In one hundred years of controlled thought people may welcome it
How would you end both?
Or how would you change both?
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 14 April 2019 1:04:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You do not need to stop globalisation or world trade: all you need is to stay yourself out of it, then let others do what they will.

This has to be a gradual process and the first step is to stop consuming and depending on (and for government to stop encouraging/demanding the consumption of and dependence on) anything that cannot be grown/produced in Australia - first and foremost, most digital technology as it cannot reasonably be produced on an Australian scale.

At this first stage it is still OK to import global goods and services so long as the know-how and infrastructure to produce them also exists in Australia (though actual production might be more costly). Meanwhile Australia should reduce its external debt to zero, then gradually start raising tariffs.

"One world" is the worst possible outcome. As much as the state of Australia is too big and centralised, an even larger world-wide state should be avoided at all costs.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 14 April 2019 2:45:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well yuyutsu what do you recomend?
How do we achieve it?
Always knew many here,and in the real world,dislike, even hate both Globalisation and world trade
One poster told me,and they are linked, he wants all recent/past generations of migrants/refugees [I take it he means non whites] repatriated
Globalisation for most is in fact migration /refugees
And Nationalism?
After one hundred years, would the then living generation even know what it meant?
Remember,in my view the west hasn't looked this vulnerable in my lifetime
Victors write the history and maybe the rules for one compliant humanity
How would this country survive if locked out of world trade
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 14 April 2019 6:09:40 PM
"Had this world never had seas we would not need to talk about this
We, long ago, would speak the same language, and be one humanity"

Europe, Asia and Africa and their multitudinous civilisations have always been linked without the need for sea travel. Ever heard of the Silk Road? Yet they all spoke different and many languages.

Equally globalisation long preceded sea travel. By some estimates, global trade in the Late Bronze Age (around 1200BC) formed a greater percentage of societal wealth than even current trade. Places like Hattusa (in current Turkey) were trading with China, Afghanistan and Britain in those times. Indeed the societal collapse in 1177BC(?) at the hands of the Sea People (whoever they were) may have been largely caused by the interruption of international trade routes.

We've never been one race, one humanity, one people. Never have, never will be.

"Right now, like it or not China Russia, or both together could be the winner"

Well those of us prepared to defend humanity and freedom will just have to make sure that doesn't happen. 2016 was a good start.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 14 April 2019 6:10:07 PM
TWADDLE! I would be one of those to die first for my country
Trump has spurs so would avoid conflict
China could over run us by launching its 19th century junks armed only with sticks
After millions drowned on the way thousands to every one of us would beat us to death with those sticks
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 14 April 2019 6:19:17 PM
Children, calm down. Even if, as Eric Kaufmann observes, the Anglo population in the US falls below 50 % by 2050 or whenever, there are a couple of factors which may help you sleep easy at nights:

* the 'others' will come from both the US itself (African-Americans, Native Americans and Hispanic Americans), and from 200 other countries.

* . a high proportion of those 'others' will be marrying amongst the other Americans and raising their kids as Americans.

Kaufmann himself is of Chinese, Jewish and Hispanic ancestry. As Kaufmann points out, children in a century or so will have similar multiple ancestries, from all over the world. Why's that ? Because our children, and grandchildren, will be happy to marry people from other groups. With Indigenous kids, I can appreciate their common sense.

That will be reality, and I for one welcome it. If you like, that will be a sort of social globalisation'. But the notion that all countries will somehow come under one government is ludicrous. Not gonna happen. Ever.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 14 April 2019 6:36:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy