The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Inside the mind of 3 failed suicide bombers

Inside the mind of 3 failed suicide bombers

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
The racists & self-loathers are getting rather quiet in these past few days. What happened ? Did they overdose on their own medicine ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 12:26:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Steele,

You suggest that " .... if I said all old white males are rapists that would of course be engaging in hate speech .... "

I don't think so, although I would strongly disagree with the first part of the statement, as an old white male. If someone wrote (or said) " .... all old white males are rapists and the bastards should be castrated." that might qualify, especially if the odd passing old while male was pointed at and the speaker urged his 50-strong crowd to grab him and actually castrate him. Of course, for some of us OWMs, it wouldn't make much difference.

i.e. an opinion, no matter how objectionable, may not be 'hate speech'. If it attempts to incite violent action, then certainly it is. Opinions can be engaged with, argued, discussed, ripped apart, and that's one of the cornerstones of a genuinely democratic society. Let a hundred flowers bloom, even stink-weed. Then they can be, let's say, plucked.

Best wishes,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 1:16:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy