The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > BAD SMELL from BASS HILL Religious Deception.

BAD SMELL from BASS HILL Religious Deception.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Hi Celivia
Jesus said "I have come to fulfill the law" so does he need to specifically re-iterate every bit of it ?

Things in the bible not crystal clear, thus many denominations.

Interesting point. Denominations began usually by people filled with the Spirit of Christ, annointed, and preaching the Gospel outside of the established Churches.. example Methodism. Why did Wesley preach in the open air and not in the Anglican churches ? Simple, because the Anglican churches of the day had become lax, lethargic, and lame and were far too tolerant of outright sin. They had become, to quote Jesus in Revelation about the Laodicaean Church "Neither hot nor cold, but lukewarm" and he said he will spew them out of his mouth.

Wesley did not 'start' a denomination, he simply preached Christ. It was PEOPLE who gave he and his converts the name "Methodists" because they were very "methodical" in what they did.
The denominational differences are really not worth worrying about. They differ for historical reasons and on some doctrinal issues such as "Baptise Babies....yes/no" Some which baptize infants, also have 'confirmation' to confirm what was alluded to at infant baptism.

The bible is stronger for 'believers baptism' in my opinion, but that is not going to stop me enjoying fellowship with Anglicans who baptize infants.

PERICLES.... Claiming something was done 'in the name' of some figure does not negate that figures clear teaching. Hitler also said "I am doing the work of the Lord" but we know he was not.... because we have access to a) His behaviour b) The foundation on which he claims it was based. We do a simple comparison and conclude..NO.. he was NOT doing 'The work of the Lord'.

Your other point is less easy to answer, about the Old testament.
The historical situation was different.. Pre Messiah, and Israel, was a State.

I could not use Samson as grounds for fighting. I'd use Romans 13
And not 'in Gods name' but in humanities name. (Justice and Peace)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 10 August 2007 2:39:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hello Everybody
David I have only just now read the whole story of the link you posted.
It seems pretty clear. The land was to be used for housing and ought to be.
There is a lot of money around the Greenacer banks i can assure you for investment.
This will be a test for Muslim people and Leaders given the background.
I hope they are concerned by the peoples feelings in the area under the circumstances that this land was for houses.
I hope they pass it back over as a sign of good faith and after the response from the locals wanting houses built.
has anybody looked for an alternative site for their school?
Just an idea.
Good Luck
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Friday, 10 August 2007 4:21:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting angle.

>>Jesus said "I have come to fulfill the law"<<

Which law was that, Boaz? Surely not that which was outlined in that violence-ridden document, the Old Testament?

>>Claiming something was done 'in the name' of some figure does not negate that figures clear teaching.<<

I have not said that it does. But surely, there has to be a teensy bit of responsibility in all of this?

If I came to Melbourne and whacked you on the head "in the name of Bill Gates", you would be totally justified in calling my motivation into question.

But when movements, denominations, even entire countries, do evil things "in the name of Christianity", surely there has to be some reflection on that particular religion?

If you disagree, then I can only point you towards the hundreds of posts that you have written, claiming that Islam is responsible for the actions of each and every one of its followers, all of the time.
Posted by Pericles, Saturday, 11 August 2007 2:34:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi, BD
>>Jesus said "I have come to fulfill the law" so does he need to specifically re-iterate every bit of it?<<

No, he didn’t need to reiterate all of the law, just work on the parts that needed alteration or explaining. But if Jesus came to fulfill the law he would have left alone those parts of the law that didn’t need any improvement or alteration.

If, at that time when Jesus wandered the earth homosexuals would have been ‘put to death’ or in any other way violated, and Jesus did not say a word about that, doesn’t that mean that he agreed with the violence against homosexuals? He either agreed with the way homosexuals were treated and did nothing to stop the violence, or he did not agree and should have said something about it. After all, it already said in the OT “Do not steal” but Jesus reinforced it by telling people to cut their own hands off if they did have the urge to steal.

So, still today, because Jesus said nothing about the violence against homosexuals, Christian as well as Muslim homophobes are still discriminating, and even bashing homosexuals in the name of God or Jesus just because the Bible advices this and Jesus was silent.
Now, if Jesus had said: “Homosexual people should have equal rights as they are God’s creation so we should respect them”, then religious people all over the world would have had no problem with same sex marriage and equal rights.
I hope you follow what I mean- have you ever discussed this issue before?

Anyway, pale makes sense and as I said in the beginning of this discussion: if this land is zoned for residential houses, no school has a right to be there. The land is either zoned for a school or not, but the kind of school shouldn’t matter.
Posted by Celivia, Saturday, 11 August 2007 3:40:49 PM
Celiva
Firstly your owed an apolgoy by me from some time back.
My only exuse is I get irritable fighting for the animals.' I apoligise'

As for Bass Hill this is a huge mistake by the Muslim People and at least make it a multi cultral school if they wont pass the land back for housing.
I guess what we need to be careful of here is branding Muslims arrogant because it happens to be them! who purchased the land.

Its a dog eat dog eat dog world out there in the business sector so they are probably not doing anything any different to most comercial investors.
The question is also- Would there be such a stink if it were for a church or Christian school?

Is there an arrogance from Muslim leaders?
You and I have been posting on another thread- the ritual Slaughter of Animals In Australia for Halal.
As you know I have been working with the Muslim leaders for a few years now.
I am honestly thinking what is the right thing to do about experiences I we have had regarding their attitude and credibilty. I am trying to be fair to all.
Its very possible the people who purchased the land for a school didnt even know it was ear marked for houses." If"? they did know that would puts a more sinister slant on it.

Dave . You would serve your fellow man better if you gave us less quotes from the bible- or the Quran for that matter.

I reckon if we banned ALL religion the world would be safer and happier.
Celiva made some very good points on the bible too if you like it or not.

My only concern about that David is you will turn it into some religious fight.
Just remember there is good and bad amoung all people.
After saying that Australia does not need to be turned into a country where by we change our culture.
Thats totally different- Perhaps ALL Schools from NOW ON ought be Multicultrual.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 11 August 2007 6:37:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Celivia
we should remember that "Jesus" is at one with the Father, and though not manifest in the Old testament except in prophecy, He shares the Fathers sense of Justice and Morality.

This would include that regarding homsexual behavior.
We need to distinguish though, between various kinds of conduct.
1/ Practice of homosexual behavior in private.
2/ PromOTION of such behavior by deliberate political activity.

Jesus clearly says that whether in private or public, the 'practice' is to be condemned, and will exclude people from the kingdom of Heaven. But lets be clear, it is not the 'practice' alone, but the heart condition that behaviour points to.

If a person KNOWS that conduct a,b,c is wrong, in both mans eyes and Gods, then they persist in that conduct simply because they stubbornly 'want' to... then they should not expect a lot of sympathy from the Almighty who has said "This is wrong".

That applies equally to incest,homosexual, and bestial behavior, along with paedophilia and any kind of child abuse.
I simply don't see why we should single out 'homosexual' from the other types of behavior God has clearly condemned.

PALE.. your fear of me turning the issue into a religious fight is well grounded, as I honestly see no other reason to fight it.
But I'm just a small speck on the wall of insignificance, and am not likely to have much impact.
Anything which promotes the values of Hizb Ut Tahrir (Kalifa conference) is evil. They may not be directly behind this school, but the promotion of Islam in general opens the way for their influence.

Evidence of their impact is found in the 100,000 Indonesian Muslims who gathered at HIZB/Caliphate rally in Indonesia a couple of days ago.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 14 August 2007 1:11:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy