The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I live in Maribyrnong and Bill Shorten as Prime Minister terrifies me.

I live in Maribyrnong and Bill Shorten as Prime Minister terrifies me.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
A culture of misandry in ALP politics in Maribyrnong has hit me hard.

In 2015-16, I wanted to promote friendliness to Indonesia as our post World War 2 friend through proposed memorial tree plantings and artwork via a female ALP politician representing an electorate with huge vacant military heritage sites. She called my lobbying harassment and I suffered police arrest approaching her re-election.

All I wanted was discussion.

So ScoMo's words on IWD sound magnificent to me: "“We’re not about setting Australians against each other, trying to push some down to lift others up. That’s not in our values ……. you don’t push some people down to lift some people up. And that is true about gender equality too .......”

I tried to involve a Labor woman in military heritage celebration and the police arrested me.

In her famous misogyny speech in Parliament, Prime Minister Julia Gillard said to then opposition leader Tony Abbott about taking responsibility for offensive comments by broadcaster Alan Jones about her at A Young Liberals function:

"...... the Leader of the Opposition is always wonderful about walking into this Parliament and giving me and others a lecture about what they should take responsibility for........ Well can anybody remind me if the Leader of the Opposition has taken any responsibility for the conduct of the Sydney Young Liberals and the attendance at this event of members of his frontbench?

Has he taken any responsibility for the conduct of members of his political party and members of his frontbench who apparently when the most vile things were being said about my family, raised no voice of objection? Nobody walked out of the room; no-one walked up to Mr Jones and said that this was not acceptable."

Now Labor offers Australia a PM from Maribyrnong who ignores what his own party does to representative democracy in his political backyard.

My Australia Day open letter to Bill Shorten about his fitness for national leadership awaits an answer: https://freedom-demokrasi-and-civilised-humanity.com/2019/01/25/open-letter-to-bill-shorten-you-are-not-fit-to-lead-australia/

The Australian people have a right to know what they are voting for.

Bill Shorten is silent.

What do others think?
Posted by Ozguy1945, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 10:53:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You were arrested just for approaching politician?
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 10:09:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.smh.com.au/national/many-mafs-moments-ahead-in-federal-campaign-20190312-p513gw.html
reality is we must look at what the whole country thinks not our own private bubble
After reading the link, finding it starkly true, I wonder just why this government insists on bringing about its own fall
Shorten will be Prime Minister and will not be a bad one
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 5:00:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn yes ..... the story is complex ..... you can read it here: https://freedom-demokrasi-and-civilised-humanity.com/2017/11/08/freedom-demokrasi-and-civilised-humanity/
Posted by Ozguy1945, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 7:53:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I do not believe anyone in Australia, bad and all as it is becoming, would be arrested for 'approaching' a politician. Were you driving a tank at the time? Further, when someone uses the word “complex” my bullshite meter goes red. I loathe the Labor party, but in this case, I'm with your “female ALP politician”. And no, I'm not going to look at your reference, which might be loaded with nasty bugs.

There is also something wrong with anyone who thinks that Indonesia is our 'post WW2 friend’
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 9:38:14 AM
I've looked up the link:

http://freedom-demokrasi-and-civilised-humanity.com

Check it out folks.

Something's not quite right here.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 10:50:23 AM
Rare but in total agreement with ttbn
Not the loathing for the incoming Labor government however
The thread is nothing if not suspect
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 10:50:26 AM
Dear Foxy,

Yes it appears he was arrested 10 days after this article came out about the very same Councillor.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/female-maribyrnong-councillors-receive-threatening-sexually-explicit-text-messages-20150706-gi5w9n.html

Hardly a coincidence I would have thought
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 12:06:24 PM
One thing that smells fishy is the claim of PTSD. That's usually the result of seeing people dying and perceiving (whether correctly or incorrectly) that they'd still be alive if you'd done things differently. It can also be the result of severe trauma, but being arrested by Australian police certainly doesn't fit that description.

I think he's prone to exaggeration, referring to stress as PTSD. I expect the "misandry" he refers to is also something far less serious.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 12:37:14 PM
Well done steel redux consider the like button clicked
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 3:00:12 PM
Dear Belly,

Why was this discussion even approved?
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 3:02:38 PM
Foxy it is my view GY whois not the only person letting posts show, believes in the value of all views
I LIKE IT any time such a rant lets us see the mind behind it we are served well
In fact for that reason many posted threads serve us in that way
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 5:27:23 PM
This blokes been on here before under another nick peddling the same garbage. Maybe Ozguy1945 can shed some light on the harassing of Cr Sarah Carter from Maribyrnong Council.
Seem a likely Liberal voter.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 5:59:42 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-15/trolls-from-kosovo-are-manipulating-australian-facebook-pages/10892680
Maybe this thread is the rightful home fora post about online lies
Found it worth the read and just maybe informative, while I noted the pages, questioned their truth
Never thought they came from a former Soviet bloc country
Posted by Belly, Friday, 15 March 2019 6:25:15 AM
hi Belly,

Did you read my post about ALP membership?

I long have suspected OLO is used by a few hard right fanatics, who would rather present as moderate types just expressing an opinion, than what they really are, and I don't mean our long time resident fuddy duddy brigade. The hard liners, just like the rest of us, have the right to participate, in fact it would be boring without them. Its a pity they are so ashamed of their politic allegiances that they don't openly identify with such. I used to enjoy a bit of banter with Jay of Melbourne who at least was proud of the fact he was some kind of Nazi.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 15 March 2019 7:27:03 AM
What is the the answer to our politician problem? Who would you choose to be prime minister?
Posted by Yatesy, Tuesday, 19 March 2019 3:38:07 AM
Who would you choose to be prime minister
yatsey,
I'd prefer someone from a non-academic background, i.e. not indoctrinated with no sense by people with no sense.
A businessman or a Manager would be a suitable candidate.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 19 March 2019 7:58:13 PM
Since there are only two realistic candidates, its chalk and cheese, me picks Bill Shorten.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 19 March 2019 8:10:32 PM
Well, with chalk you can write important messages for quite some time & provide information etc.
Cheese goes rank if you don't consume it in time.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 20 March 2019 8:30:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy