The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Very Disappointing Reminder Not To Trust Politicians.

A Very Disappointing Reminder Not To Trust Politicians.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Future Fund - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Fund
Future Fund. The Future Fund is an independently managed sovereign wealth fund into which the Australian Government deposits funds to meet the its future liabilities for the payment of superannuation to retired civil servants of the Australian Public Service. At 30 June 2018, it was valued at A$146 billion.
Total assets‎: ‎A$118.44b (FY 2015) Net income‎: ‎A$15.61b (FY 2015)
Number of employees‎: ‎144 (2017) Total equity‎: ‎A$117.15b (FY 2015)
Posted by individual, Saturday, 16 March 2019 8:48:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://morningmail.org/who-stole-the-pension-fund/
Posted by individual, Sunday, 17 March 2019 8:12:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy, you have your snout in the taxpayer trough receiving an aged pension. I paid all sorts of taxes for over 50 years including income tax, and still paying. Yet because I was frugal and built up a few assets, whilst others pissed their away, you are being paid what is rightfully mine. Agree.
Don't worry about overpaid public servants its these money sucking pensioners I'm concerned about. Is your name Hoover?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 17 March 2019 8:51:24 AM
Paul1405,
Fyi, I worked from 14-67 & not once applied for welfare. I think 53 years of paying full tax does make me qualify for the old age pension.
If the old country sees it fit to pay me $21/months pension for the six years I paid taxes there, especially when considering that the ATO deducts that amount from my Australian pension & my wife being forced to work away from home because of the asset test then yes, I do feel I am eligible for the old age pension here.
Also take into consideration how much the Govt actually takes back from our pension in Taxes.
Then there are those you described in the words I used, who never saved & pi$$ed their wages up against the wall & now receive $300/fn more than I. Yes, i do think I'm eligible to that half-funded by me privilege !
I'd be quite accepting if I could live off my meagre assets but, as they're actually a liability, I can't.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 17 March 2019 12:53:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy