The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Very Disappointing Reminder Not To Trust Politicians.

A Very Disappointing Reminder Not To Trust Politicians.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Disappointing to me, at least. Others will say ‘told you so’.

Under pressure from a completely unknown, done-nothing skier who has mentioned 'climate change’ and nothing else, Tony Abbott has reneged “on his deeply-held position that the Paris emissions targets are disastrous and the Paris agreement should be formally dumped”.

Erstwhile admirers, like me, forgave him for chickening out on dumping Sec 18c when he was PM, but his latest gutless, self-serving reversal proves that Tony is no longer the 'conviction politician’ he had us believing he was.

I don't want to see a naif like Staghorn, or whatever her name is, getting into parliament; we have too many one-trick ponies and show ponies there now. But, I will not be barracking for Tony Abbott either.

The Coalition is rooted
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 11 March 2019 10:02:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn - It is easier to fight from within an organization or group rather than fight them from the outside.

Politicians lie, possible he is being strategic to get re-elected.

Too many voters have been conned into believing the GW scam, to fight them all, he would be voted out unless he changed his stance.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 11 March 2019 4:53:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lol.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 11 March 2019 5:18:50 PM
Doesn't say much for Labor harnessing GW BS does it ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 11 March 2019 7:31:10 PM
Philip,

I don't think Abbott will be able to fight from inside if he survives. Morrison, who should never have been PM in my view, has treated him only with a little less contempt than Turnbull did. He could have taken Abbott back into the cabinet, but he didn't. I think that it's all over for Abbott and the Coalition.

I see that the nitwit, Joyce, is now talking about wanting his old job back. The Coalition doesn't need enemies; it is it's own worst enemy. The pundits say that they can retain government if Morrison does this or that. But he has done nothing, and doesn't look like changing anytime soon.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 11 March 2019 10:04:32 PM
Agree Steele lol, look at this pathetic bunch, their great white hope, the true messiah who was going to deliver them to the promised land has deserted them, the Mad Monk has forsaken them as he trys to save his own skin, they are left crying in their beer.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 8:15:14 AM
It could be said that, like most politicians, he has been in the job for too long. There should be a limit, say two terms, on the time they are allowed to hang around; because hanging around is all they do after the initial enthusiasm and the discovery that they have to do what the party says, and to hell with the electorate. Ciobo, over twenty years in the job, and he is only 44 years old. Pyne, just turned 51 and he's been there since he was 26. We need to get rid of idea of politics as a career. Do your bit, and get out before the enthusiasm goes. Get a real job and suffer like everbody else for the balls ups you have made.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 10:23:32 AM
ttbn,
My sentiments exactly ! Opposition politicians too should be removed after two elections.
Ruining a Nation & its citizens' lives should not be a career !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 10:35:26 AM
Yes, individual, ALL politicians should be turned out after two terms.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 12:22:24 PM
Politicians are like nappies. They should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
Posted by mikk, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 12:28:56 PM
certainly good see the great tantrum thrower regressives/globalist in the liberal party who are spitting the dummy one by one. Hopefully they will all be gone soon so as the Liberal party can regain a conscience, expose the anti coal bigots and look after the pensioners instead of encouraging more illegals. This rubbish about the 'broad church' has only produced the treacherous self interested type like Bishop, Banks and Turnbull ( the type who would sue their parents if they don't get their own way).
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 2:01:50 PM
Fellas I'm with you. Oh! the pain the terrible, terrible, pain, sob, sob, Tony I believed you were the true messiah, sob, sob, why have you forsaken us so, sob,sob!

Wait, there is hope, Corny Banana is now the new messiah, ready to lead us all to the promised land. Time for a reality check, nope its all a nightmare!
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 4:11:49 PM
Public Servants too should be subject to two Govt terms of probation & appraisal.
Many of our problems do actually arise from indifferent bureaucrats too comfortable in their "safe Govt jobs".
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 5:26:49 PM
'Fellas I'm with you. Oh! the pain the terrible, terrible, pain, sob, sob, Tony I believed you were the true messiah, sob, sob, why have you forsaken us so, sob,sob'

don't worry Paul. All we need to do is watch a little of the pussy headed tantrum throwing democrats in America to bring a smile to our faces. I suspect the US is pumping out heaps of CO2 to make up for our stupidity.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 5:36:11 PM
Indy, how about we pluck the eyes out of any public servant who takes too long a tea break.
I know you were a complete failure as a PS yourself, never rising above the rank of shitkicker, but why do you hate them so.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 6:58:42 PM
Paul1405,
What is it with people like you that words need to be twisted so dramatically when comments are merely aimed at ruffling feathers so as to make people become more aware & thus more conscientious ?
Get this one thing clear here, I do not hate anyone ! Get it ? Hell, I don't even hate the crap that's stolen all my computers & my car.
Are you so far down the shute of morals that you've become incapable of distinguishing between integrity & a sense of responsibility ?
Why is drawing attention to of some the biggest wasters of our Tax Dollars, Hate !
You'd better get a life lad.
I don't even know why I'm even bothering to reply to you et al. I suppose I'm constantly hoping some of my remarks might by some quirk of remote chance, trigger a deep down suppressed degree of integrity !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 March 2019 8:41:30 PM
Indy, half your posts on this forum shows an irrational obsession with public servants. You make uneducated spiteful outlandish claims that 95% are worthless good for nothings, etc, you continually are looking for new and varied ways of penalising people trying to do their job, people you have not the slightest knowledge of what so ever, or the how and why of what they do. You want them sacked, whole departments, indirectly you want to penalise their families, their children. Yet there are public servants out there ensuring your fat undeserving aged pension is paid into your bank account, on time, every fortnight. That PS who does that for you, would you like the aged pension department abolished? I bet no you would not.

hate; "intense dislike" that's you
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 7:45:44 AM
Paul1405,
Is your cocoon fully insulated against reality ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 5:43:35 PM
That PS who does that for you, would you like the aged pension department abolished?
Paul1405,
Just another insipid quip. No, because what would be done with the 50 years of Taxes & other monies such as the 7.5% towards the pension I've paid to qualify for the Old Age pension, I'd prefer that PS to have to perform for his salary, similar to other workers who don't get to enjoy the benefits.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 9:10:11 PM
Indy, there is no 7.5% pension tax, if there was why it some taxpayers don't qualify for an aged pension at all? The Aged Pension, if there was such a tax, should be universal at age 65, it should be pegged at around $300/week for all, similar to New Zealand. Other wise the Aged Pension should be equal to New Start, paid only until the person reaches 72, the original average age that the pension was paid to. For the good of the nation, those above 72 who still require assistance, should have all remaining assets confiscated, and put in special low cost government aged care facilities.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 14 March 2019 4:58:15 AM
Individual- Don't feed the trolls. :)
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 14 March 2019 6:18:58 AM
Canem Malum,
Yeah, but the only way to expose them is by letting them do it themselves !
If being insipid would hurt they'd be screaming 24/7
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 March 2019 7:14:01 AM
there is no 7.5% pension tax,
Paul1405,
Neither is their a public funding misuse tax, yet money is still deducted from our pays !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 March 2019 7:16:37 AM
Individual- Good point
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 14 March 2019 8:10:27 AM
Future Fund - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Fund
Future Fund. The Future Fund is an independently managed sovereign wealth fund into which the Australian Government deposits funds to meet the its future liabilities for the payment of superannuation to retired civil servants of the Australian Public Service. At 30 June 2018, it was valued at A$146 billion.
Total assets‎: ‎A$118.44b (FY 2015) Net income‎: ‎A$15.61b (FY 2015)
Number of employees‎: ‎144 (2017) Total equity‎: ‎A$117.15b (FY 2015)
Posted by individual, Saturday, 16 March 2019 8:48:13 AM
http://morningmail.org/who-stole-the-pension-fund/
Posted by individual, Sunday, 17 March 2019 8:12:05 AM
Indy, you have your snout in the taxpayer trough receiving an aged pension. I paid all sorts of taxes for over 50 years including income tax, and still paying. Yet because I was frugal and built up a few assets, whilst others pissed their away, you are being paid what is rightfully mine. Agree.
Don't worry about overpaid public servants its these money sucking pensioners I'm concerned about. Is your name Hoover?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 17 March 2019 8:51:24 AM
Paul1405,
Fyi, I worked from 14-67 & not once applied for welfare. I think 53 years of paying full tax does make me qualify for the old age pension.
If the old country sees it fit to pay me $21/months pension for the six years I paid taxes there, especially when considering that the ATO deducts that amount from my Australian pension & my wife being forced to work away from home because of the asset test then yes, I do feel I am eligible for the old age pension here.
Also take into consideration how much the Govt actually takes back from our pension in Taxes.
Then there are those you described in the words I used, who never saved & pi$$ed their wages up against the wall & now receive $300/fn more than I. Yes, i do think I'm eligible to that half-funded by me privilege !
I'd be quite accepting if I could live off my meagre assets but, as they're actually a liability, I can't.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 17 March 2019 12:53:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy