The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 2018-19 Hottest Summer Ever?

2018-19 Hottest Summer Ever?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Jennifer Marahasay says no. The summer 80 years ago was as hot as, if not hotter, than this one. She was commenting on the environment minister Melissa Price’s daft claim that this summer’s bushfires were the consequences of climate change.

Australia has always had bushfires every year. The Black Friday fires of 1939, for example.

Marahasay says that it is impossible anyway to say which summer was hottest, thanks to the “extensive remodelling” of our temperature history. The BOM doesn’t even deny this ‘remodelling’.

It sounds just like the rewriting of all history, so beloved of the Marxists, using “adjusted”, homogenized”, non-standard methods of temperature recording to suit an agenda. The MOB’s claim is that it is necessary to show what the temperature “would have been” using non-standard methods. ‘Non-standard’ is a bit of a worry. ‘No’ standards seems to be what some scientists work with these days.

Experience tells us that politicians lie all the time (not just Melissa Price). Our experience with climate catastrophism, and the climate not doing what scientists warned us would happen; and their constant shifting of goal posts, should now be enough to put some scientists and the MOB in the same category as lying politicians.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 10 March 2019 11:27:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I recall in 1980 when it was hot for days on end & I don't think I've experienced any hotter since.
In about 2010 I checked the sea water around Cape York & it was 33º C.
Nowadays it seems rather cold.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 10 March 2019 5:07:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I recall much hotter weather than we have now too individual. Unfortunately, there are enough people with short memories for the scammers to convince that it's hotter now. And, the many of the urgers are just too young to have experienced the conditions of the past. It would be interesting to know how many scientists have the same problem.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 10 March 2019 5:19:42 PM
Individual,

Yeah, I remember picking apricots in the Riverland in 1980, in 40 - 43 - 43 - 46 - 43 - 43 - 40. It might have hit 47 in the Riverland this summer, but who knows, what with 'adjusted' measurements.

A friend of a friend from Bunbury WA reported that the sea-level around Perth had risen three inches: my friend asked him if it had risen around Bunbury: no, was the answer. He asked, how is Perth supplied with water ? From ground-water, came the answer. So Perth has SUNK three inches ?

The Australian plate tilts down in the north, as it dips below the Pacific plate; and it lifts slightly along the south coast, hence huge cliffs along the Great Australian Bight. But apart from the, along the east and west coasts, has the sea-level risen in fifty or a hundred years ? Just wondering.

And surely the heat island effect of cities, with their air-conditioning pumping hot air into the atmosphere (yes, I know, I know, air-conditioning produces cold air), particularly on hot days, has some effect on temperature ? CO2 may not be the only culprit.

And if too much CO2 is getting into the atmosphere, why not try to get it out again, by planting vast areas of trees across the North ? Vegetation, i.e. grasses and trees, soak up CO2 - that's what plant material is made of. So why not plant trees - not any old trees, but furniture, etc., trees, orchards where possible ?

Anyway, back to more important issues .....
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 10 March 2019 5:30:37 PM
Quote "summer’s bushfires were the consequences of climate change."

She probably also forgot to discount that with the increased population and the closing of mental health facilities there would be a lot more potential firebugs in the community now than then.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 10 March 2019 6:09:33 PM
So Perth has SUNK three inches ?
Loudmouth,
I have been saying for many years that land subsides at a faster rate than sea level rise.
Some academic female several years ago argued that dredging the harbour would result in the lowering of the sea level off our little town ??
Shipping's several billion tonnes of displacement, land fill, submarine volcanoes etc, all have a tiny effect on sea level.
Extra volcanic activity could possibly aid the warming of the oceans in places for long enough to show as an increase & be recorded as such.
Increasing air travel, heating, emission etc too must surely increase temperatures in places & be recorded as an increase in GW. Measurements have only been recorded for a short time.
There are reports of old people recalling colder & hotter times a hundred years ago.
If people are indeed as concerned as they say they are then why continue with using the not absolutely necessary commodities that produce emission ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 10 March 2019 8:06:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy