The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How could a union boss justify this salary.

How could a union boss justify this salary.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
INDY, You could try running as a one issue Independent at the upcoming election, people often do.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 28 February 2019 5:47:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
I'd love to but standing with one foot in the grave & the other on a banana skin in a remote little village is not an ideal base to start in politics.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 28 February 2019 7:53:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I will dip my toe in here
See as an ex union official I remain convinced that union should have been shut up closed and its members taken by a real union
The maggot mentioned, make no mistake he was and remains that
Should be part way in to a 30 year sentence
How did that figure come about?
No doubt he and others stole more than that but it seem inflated
LNP CEO, union heads, that is what they are, get that much but never heard of it in a workers union
What was Pells salary?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 28 February 2019 9:05:23 PM
Hi Belly,

Just down in Sydney for a catch up. Michael Daley is under some pressure in Maroubra, so I'm told, not enough to lose, but. Pat Farmer is running a strong campaign, and with ex disgruntled Labor mayor Noel D'Souza in as well, and sure to pull plenty of Labor votes, its not all plain sailing for dear old Mick. Good luck.
Although Daley does have the Liberals disastrous Light Fail project just up the road to win votes for him.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 1 March 2019 5:56:26 AM
ttbn Quote "Philip is drawing attention to one undeserving crook in particular."

Correct, his salary can't be compared to CEO's from business etc, his salary was coming from union dues paid by members not selling things or providing services to other consumers.

SteeleRedux Quote "Of course it is ludicrous but you forgot to mention that this bloke is serving 7 years for defrauding the Union including paying himself 3 times the salary of other leaders of unions, some way larger than the size of his."

Technically irrelevant when collecting the salary he was not convicted it was after he was found doing fraudulent activities, he was not convicted for receiving the salary.

** How did he get away with it, others must have known so were they also being paid exorbitant salaries to keep quite? **
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 1 March 2019 7:40:09 PM
Where can i fine the reply button, Im just a newbie here so take it easy. thanks
Posted by Comemall, Saturday, 2 March 2019 11:30:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy