The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Netanyahu and the Anti-Zionism Strategy

Netanyahu and the Anti-Zionism Strategy

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Israel has been telling it's 'friends' how they should write their laws.

Quote>>When Defence Minister Ron Mark met Israel's Prime Minister on January 27, Benjamin Netanyahu was quoted as asking New Zealand to change its definition of anti-semitism so that it includes political opposition to Zionism.

Netanyahu's office website reports that he told Mark, "The main attack against the Jewish people today is the attacks against the Jewish state and the attempt to delegitimise the very right of the Jewish people for a state of their own. This is called anti-Zionism, and we ask not only all our friends, but all decent countries everywhere to include [in] the definition of anti semitism, anti-Zionism as well. And so I've just made that request from you as well."<<

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12203054

Wikipedia states >>Anti-Zionism is opposition to Zionism. The term is broadly defined in the modern era to denote opposition to the political movement of Jews to self-determination[1][2] within the territory of the historic Land of Israel (also referred to as Palestine, Canaan, or the Holy Land).[3] Anti-Zionism is also defined as opposition to the State of Israel or, prior to 1948, its establishment.

The term is used to describe various religious, moral and political points of view, but their diversity of motivation and expression is sufficiently different that "anti-Zionism" cannot be seen as having a single ideology or source. There is also a difference between how it is discussed philosophically and how it is enacted within a political or social campaign.[4] Many notable Jewish and non-Jewish sources take the view that anti-Zionism has become a cover for modern-day antisemitism, a position that critics have challenged as a tactic to silence criticism of Israeli policies. Others, such as Steven M. Cohen, Brian Klug and Todd Gitlin, see no correlation between the two.<<

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Zionism

Is this development an outright ban on any criticism of Israel?
- And should we expect similar laws enacted here in the near future?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 24 February 2019 9:34:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is a difference between having a opinion different to Israel's actions and political and aggressive actions toward Israel. Laws that discriminate against Israel are couched with anti-Semitic motives, and not in the language of good relations.
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 25 February 2019 6:49:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Josephus,

Thanks for your response, it's pretty quiet around here.

I'll tell you what, I'm gonna red pill ya.
Lets see if I can't open your eyes in 5 minutes.
This could be some of the most important stuff you ever learn.

In fact I'm going to go out on a limb here;
- And implore all the other forum members of faith to look at this as well...

First I'll post a link for you, so you know who you're watching.
http://www.trunews.com/about

- Now, 5 Minutes WATCH THIS -
http://youtu.be/xzedJAG0Mpo

- And if that got you curious, then you really don't want to miss this discussion -
http://youtu.be/_0KaQmTpX-o

I'll leave any further comments I have until you or others have had a chance to watch it.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 25 February 2019 10:53:26 PM
Hey Josephus,

That first video link starts the video at the beginning, but it was meant to start 15m47s into the video.
Sorry, and please find the correct link below.

http://youtu.be/xzedJAG0Mpo?t=947
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 25 February 2019 11:01:25 PM
Somethings been going on with YouTube lately;
- It has strange behavior, often restarting videos twice.
If it does this, and keeps forcing the video back to the beginning if it restarts, then please just forward it to 15 minutes 47 manually and watch 5 minutes from there.

I don't know why its doing this or if its doing the same thing to everyone.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 25 February 2019 11:11:53 PM
AC, the video is one opinion among several. It is laughable to consider Israel as the anti-Christ today. It was in the days of the New Testament writings as religious Jews persecuted the Christians and had them put to death. Eighty years ago it was atheistic communism slaughtering Christians; today the anti-Christ is radical Islam murdering Christians as it was in earlier centuries.

I have several nephews and nieces orthodox Jews living in Israel, including an Orthodox Rabbi and family in Western Australia. These guys in the video are intellectually deluded and anti-Semitic. They are without reason for their claims, as Netanyahu in reality welcomes Christians and peaceful Muslims and atheists into citizenship.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 26 February 2019 7:38:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy