The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Harsher penalties needed for importing food products

Harsher penalties needed for importing food products

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Belly,
Thanks for that but even though I forgot about the s it may not be the problem. Try and see

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2019-02-15/foot-and-mouth-disease-detected/10812602

Eureka, looks like it may work
Posted by HenryL, Friday, 15 February 2019 5:01:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
You said "Not as openly hostile as you seem to be to other races but these folk need big fines some prison"

Please explain, you seem to imply that I consider race when I raise a problem.
Posted by HenryL, Friday, 15 February 2019 5:10:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Modern human & cargo/produce movement are now so huge that decease outbreaks are only a matter of time.
On the Cape York Road they have Quarantine stations that are not manned from Friday afternoon until Monday morning & so many tourists & locals alike can carry prohibited items down to wider Australia. It makes a mockery out of the farmers' concerns in the South.
If anyone should be penalised it's the top bureaucrats of the Dept of Primary Industries.
Posted by individual, Friday, 15 February 2019 8:18:14 PM
Henry L read your post
Even foot and mouth could enter in the baggage of some one smuggling food
Why such very weak fines stunned me
Our very future in trade requires better surveillance and harsh penalty's
Clearly some offenders have done it before and will do it again if it is cheap if caught
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 16 February 2019 5:07:59 AM
Belly,
Yes I agree,the penalties need to be much tougher. It is a waste of time just destroying the illegal food, the tourist or importer needs serious punishment and more spent on detection.

But you mention race, so I ask you again what has race got to do with it? You imply that I am racist in raising issues and I think you need to fully explain what you are on about. Or should everyone here simply disregard what you say?
Posted by HenryL, Saturday, 16 February 2019 9:01:40 AM
Henry L it is my view, and like you I can get it wrong a post here by you highlighted race mentioning a few
In this matter race has no roll people from every country including ours, smuggle things in
Even gardeners trying to bring in plants or cuttings thinking it will be ok
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 16 February 2019 10:59:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy