The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should This Politician Resign?

Should This Politician Resign?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. 15
  15. All
Indy,

You are a public beneficiary, how much are we paying you on the Old Aged Pension?

You are yet to put up on shut up on the 95% claim.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 11:52:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy old mate in real life we could be mates, in fact my very best mate and I have a few is a rabid ill informed Liberal, and my brother
But gee yes having worked for public servants I know some need others to tie their shoe laces
But 500.000? who
Yes some are useless but 95 percent
Bloke you do not even believe that your self,runner, are you an American? southern states maybe?
Or is that what powers you
A woman,s right yes they should have rights, yes not every case is a good reason to abort a child, but start with a woman,s right
Christ I knew was about love not hate
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 6:41:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
I have paid income Tax, Sales tax, Insurance,in fact I have paid every possible Tax there is to pay including the 7.5% tax for the old age Pension for 52 years.
Belly,
When I say 95% I mean that that many in the public service are not giving the performance in return for the remuneration. Yes, everyone does a bit . Some do less than others yet still receive above average remuneration. I spent time in the Public Service & I have seen first hand how "hard' many public servants work. Cups of coffee while playing Solitaire, checking the Internet but the most time was & is wasted on Facebook. What I am getting at is that the majority in the Public Service are not in the positions because they want to do their part for the good of society, they're in there because it's a great lurk with great perks ! Just look at the responses when you try & contact a Dept. ?
Belly, as a union rep you'd have no idea what work performance is all about, you're simply asking for more money but do you ever ask for a better performance ?
What about the wastage due to many public servants not performing ? The News are full of stories from the antics of all levels of government. Doesn't that bother you ? Families are destroyed by non-performers, people are sent bankrupt by non-performing bureaucrats.
There are a mere handful of real Public Servants who take their work serious but they're hopelessly outnumbered by those who don't give a damn. I have no doubt that many are simply not allowed to perform by their line managers but that doesn't help the public in any way.
I'm fully aware & have witnessed first hand the "we just have to be seen to do something" strategies. If someone's life goes down the gurgler because of it, stiff $hit !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 7:15:55 AM
More Shock On Tim Wilson!

Not content with a phoney inquiry with himself and "Uncle" Geoff Wilson running the show, there is now speculation that Tim Wilson many have indulged in criminal activity.

Here's the rub! Tim Wilson sets up a private website "The website features the Commonwealth coat of arms and Mr Wilson's official title as the chair of Parliament's economics committee (both illegal)." The website is private and partly funded by "Uncle" Geoff Wilson. The deception is that this website is government and not private. But there's more; "the website, which does not have a privacy policy, encouraged users to sign a petition against Labor's policy and the information was then subsequently shared with Wilson Asset Management."

People believing they were giving their voice to government.
"Some people who signed the petition have reported receiving advertising material from Wilson Asset Management, a company that has $3 billion in funds."

"David Watts, Victoria's former privacy commissioner, said the collaboration between Mr Wilson and Wilson Asset Management "raises legal and ethical issues" and called for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to investigate." "What are our regulators doing about this?"

BTW At my "Official" Government Website, coat of arms and all, you can purchase Scum O' washing powder at wholesales prices. Should we encourage all Australians to set up their own "official" government websites, and flog what ever they like?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 7:16:25 AM
We need to come to an agreement as to the difference between illegal & immoral !
A lot of illegal is actually more moral than the legal & the other way round !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 7:52:44 AM
What a surprise. All this fuss and Wilson hasn't resigned!

Wilson is no more crooked than any other politician. All politicians should resign and give decent people a go; but they won't, as long as bogan Australians keep voting for them. Write 'None Of These' on the top of the paper at the next election if you are as fed up with politicians as some of your posts indicate. There must be at least 40-50% of the electorate with the brains to give it a ago. Too much to expect from the Great Aussie Whinger?
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 7:54:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 13