The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should This Politician Resign?

Should This Politician Resign?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. All
In one of the most blatant political biased attempts ever to smear political opponents, Liberal MP Tim Wilson the chairperson of the taxpayer-funded Coalition witch-hunt into Labor's plan to rein in franking credits, has been exposed as an abuser of both parliament and the taxpayers who are footing the bill for all this skulduggery. Highly unusual as it is, for a Government to inquire into a proposed Opposition policy, Tim Wilson has gone a whole lot further.

Firstly good old Tim Wilson starts the "inquiry" by getting riding instructions from a relative Geoff Wilson. Who is this relative Geoff Wilson? Good old Geoff Wilson happens to be the founder and chairman of 'Wilson Asset Management' with $3 billion under management, some of which belongs to, you guessed it, his relative Tim Wilson.

Not only is Tim Wilson with a clear conflict of interest, abusing parliament with this phoney witch-hunt, for nothing more than blatant party political purposes. Tim Wilson colludes with Geoff Wilson using taxpayer funds to advance through politics his own, and his relatives financial interests.

This is unbelievable, my view is Tim Wilson should resign immediately.

http://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/wilson-and-wilson-the-mp-the-fund-manager-and-the-franking-credits-inquiry-20190205-p50vqk.html
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 11 February 2019 4:28:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is unbelievable, my view is Tim Wilson should resign immediately.
Paul1405,
just about 95% of public servants are self-interest orientated, should they resign ? My view too is immediately !
Posted by individual, Monday, 11 February 2019 5:13:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul yes and now, tell us this bloke was a Labor member and most here would demand it
Posted by Belly, Monday, 11 February 2019 5:43:48 PM
Dear Paul,

I can't think of any Coalition MP who has ever
been forced to resign. The current government
has barely enough numbers as it is. Keeping
Barnaby Joyce was a big mistake. Of course
I can't see Tim Wilson being asked to leave.
Whether he should or not is another matter.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 11 February 2019 5:47:44 PM
personally I think every Parliamentarian who has been a member of Emily's List should resign. They are a disgusting organisation that promotes the killing of unborn babies.
Posted by runner, Monday, 11 February 2019 5:52:04 PM
runner,

Please supply us with evidence as to your claim.
You can't just continue spouting nonsense.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 11 February 2019 5:59:05 PM
[Deleted for abuse]
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 11 February 2019 6:08:42 PM
Foxy - Epic fail you forgot this.

Sussan Ley was sacked as health minister in January 2017, by then prime minister Malcolm Turnbull, after it was revealed she had bought a $795,000 Gold Coast investment apartment in May 2015 on the very same day she had claimed $1,248 from taxpayers for overnight accommodation, along with airfares and Commonwealth car travel for ministerial duties.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 11 February 2019 6:11:09 PM
Indy,

Your intense bitterness towards public servants is totally irrational. Now the nonsense is //just about 95% of public servants are self-interest orientated, should they resign ? My view too is immediately!// What is the precise figure 94.9%. LOL

I can only conclude your intense bitterness stems from your past failings in that area. Probably passed over for promotion, or set menial tasks only by superiors in the service. We don't have the opportunity to be given the opinions of those towards you. However its my judgement given your ways on the forum, if those past associates were to offer an opinion of you it would possible be "THAT INDIVIDUAL, I was glad to see the back of him!"
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 11 February 2019 8:34:19 PM
'Please supply us with evidence as to your claim.
You can't just continue spouting nonsense.'

name one Emily's lister opposed to the murder of the unborn Foxy or stop your denials. As stated numerous times you are either very nave or dishonest.
Posted by runner, Monday, 11 February 2019 9:16:38 PM
runner, you and I don't see eye to eye politically, but we do agree somewhat on abortion. You have no more right to call for the resignation of those elected parliamentarian who agree with abortion, than I have as an atheist the right to call for all those that adhere to organised religion to resign. Or as a pacifist to call for all those that support militarism to resign. In other words all those that don't agree with you should resign.

What about Tim Wilson?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 11 February 2019 10:03:40 PM
'In other words all those that don't agree with you should resign.'

definitely not Paul however people who are so morally bereft that they push for laws to allow the butchering of babies is a much worse crime than what you accuse Tim Wilson of. I suspect a number of the Greens are on the renewables gravy train. Even that is not sick like those who push butchering kids. I could not care less if Wilson got the boot or stayed.
Posted by runner, Monday, 11 February 2019 10:13:59 PM
runner I understand your strong stance on abortion. As a pacifists I extend that morality even further to acts of war, capital punishment, state sanctioned murder in my book. Yet I support euthanasia as being a benevolent act in certain circumstances. My bottom line is all life is precious and worth preserving. I recognise in some circumstance the destruction of human life can be, and is, necessary. Reasonable self defence which leads to a tragedy, terrible as it is, but it can be unavoidable at times.

In the extreme circumstance of mortal danger to the mother, abortion can be necessary. As for women who seek an abortion, I don't simply want to throw stones at them, I want compassion shown, counselling, help of all kinds extended. Giving up the new born for easy adoption should be an option. Unfortunately there are no winners in all this, just losers.

Support for abortion is across party lines, I would much prefer open debate on all moral issues rather than wanting to shut people down with opposing opinions.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 5:12:53 AM
Chris, the one I once loved and lived for was not a bigot runner
I despise those so called Christians who are
They insult their God
And in doing so drive more away from the faith
This man the thread is about should find no refuge after he behaved badly
But linking those who oppose him to baby murderers questions you,
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 5:39:04 AM
Paul1405,
There you go again sprouting your pseudo intellectual nonsense. I have no bitterness towards the public service, I simply want them to the work they're getting rather handsomely rewarded for but don't !
Spot being a git a grow some decency, there's nothing decent about defending non-performers.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 7:20:10 AM
Indy,

Simply back up your claim about the 95% of public servents, your figure not mine, and then I'll give some credence to your as yet unsubstantiated assertion. Which I suspect you can't, so I'll call it for what it is, piss and wind, nothing more.

The balls in your court.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 7:50:26 AM
Paul1405,
# Centrelink, run by you guessed it !
# look at the state of the nation run by ? Yep!
# Legal system, yep !
# education, ditto !
# Health ditto !
# in fact the whole sad mess is run by ? Public Servants ! there you go.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 9:02:36 AM
Paul1405,
Judging by your defensive stance my guess is you're on too ! Are you worth the money we pay you ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 9:04:03 AM
Indy,

What a load of bunk you present. You provide no evidence for your claim, concerning 95% of public servants. All you provide is your own pessimistic opinion, and we are suppose to accept that as evidence.

I have worked in the public and private spheres, and associated with many public servants. Its my small observation that there are as meany dills if not more employed in private enterprise as in the PS.

What do YOU base your 95% claim on? Your distorted mindless attitude.

"On" what, what am I on one what? My guess is you may well have been booted from the Public Service and now have a belligerent attitude.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 9:29:22 AM
Paul1405,
The more you're getting on the defensive, the more you're incriminating yourself. Or, are you trying to convince us that service from bureaucrats in Govt for every Dollar is value ?
If you think we're getting a fair exchange of values then you'd better seek some help instead of having another cuppa in from of your Solitaire !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 9:51:40 AM
Obviously, Tim Wilson should have recused himself from any deliberations of that committee. Did he let anybody know that, 'by the way, Geoff Wilson is a relative, and I've got interests in his multi-billion-dollar business' ?

On those grounds, he should resign from the committee. If he did conceal his pecuniary interests in Geoff Wilson's asset management business, then he should resign from parliament.
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 9:58:11 AM
indy bloke! your personal mission against the public service has lost a wheel
Watched it over the years and it will not wash
If it was true, think about it, those responsible for not firing them would be even worse
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 11:12:11 AM
runner,

Name one Emily Lister who as you claimed is for
the murder of newborn babies. I asked for evidence
from you as you are the one making this claim.
Over and over again.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 11:36:08 AM
Yep, this is how it works these days.

Some ALP dolt asserts that Mr X, who might have something bad to say about the ALP, ought to resign for...well the reason doesn't matter, just the assertion.

Then the (cough!) totally unbiased Fairfax/ABC cabal pick up the claim and repeat it as though it has any real validity. OMG they assert, these two Wilson's are related. Well yes.."the MP's great grandfather is the fund manager's grandfather". Practically brothers!
Using this same criteria I need to confess that I'm related to Pauletc via my great, great great......great, great grandmother Eve. Seriously!

And the bad Wilson has a share-holding in the other's fund. Sure he disclosed it, but he doesn't do so every time he opens his mouth so that's really bad because...well the reason doesn't matter, just the assertion.

So now the my-team-good-or-bad automatons chime in saying, yes I agree with what he said, whatever it was. Now, the average leftist likes to think of himself as a free thinking individualist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QereR0CViMY) when they repeat whatever they've been told to believe, but indeed they are just regurgitating the party line.

But that's only to be expected when they mindlessly follow someone who is prepared to mindlessly follow someone else...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf4nlIEHfaU

I've always thought that the whole franking credit thing was a storm in a teacup and that savvy investors could just rearrange their portfolios to the new circumstances. After all they're gunna have to get used to the ALP sticking their hands in pretty much everyone's back pocket after the election.

But if the ALP / (cough!) unbiased media are prepared to go to these ridiculous lengths to try to stop people looking into their tax policies (for want of a better word), then perhaps there really is a significant portion of pensioners who do feel they'll be badly affected.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 12:13:21 PM
mhaze,

Politics is a blood sport.

Neither side has clean hands.

Both sides will milk things for all they're worth.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 12:24:27 PM
'personally I think every Parliamentarian who has been a member of Emily's List should resign. They are a disgusting organisation that promotes the killing of unborn babies.' my quote

Foxy's lie

'Name one Emily Lister who as you claimed is for
the murder of newborn babies.'

regressives being totally deceitful again. Name one Emily's lister who has ever popposed the killing of the unborn or at least have the decency not to lie.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 12:31:02 PM
Foxy,

"Politics is a blood sport."

Yes it is. And we fully expect the ALP to play this one in this way. Since we expect it we can see it for what its worth.

But when we see purportedly unbiased media also joining in the 'blood sport' then we have to question its use. When they are basically just regurgitating the ALP line, then we need to see and point out that they aren't adding to the conversation and are detracting from the use of the 4th estate. Seeing them act in this partisan way means we need to take all their political reporting with several large grains of salt.

And when we see Pauletc, Belly et al trying to pretend that they are acting on principle while playing (or more exactly reflecting) the 'blood sport', we need to understand that the only principle they have is that they'll say and do anything so long as they think it'll advance their cause. Generally that means just repeating the party's talking points, in lieu of being able to formulate their own.

I agree both sides play these games, to the detriment of the nation and policy making in general. If the roles were reversed I'd be making the same points.

IF the ALP is so sure of the efficacy and fairness of their policy, let them argue it out. But making a song and dance out of peripheral issues suggests they really don't feel like they are on sound ground
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 1:43:29 PM
runner I must point out you are on the fringe
And say I am grateful for it, your post is pure blind and nasty
UnChristian too
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 3:13:28 PM
'And say I am grateful for it, your post is pure blind and nasty
UnChristian too'

not nearly as 'unChristian' as butchering babies Belly. Even you should know that.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 5:08:06 PM
Belly,
So, as far as you are concerned the insane salaries of $500 Grand +/year for bureaucrats/heads of Dept etc. are ok ?
Or paying ex politicians/bureaucrats allowances AFTER leaving their posts ?
You got a strange sense of integrity indeed !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 6:08:08 PM
Indy,

You are a public beneficiary, how much are we paying you on the Old Aged Pension?

You are yet to put up on shut up on the 95% claim.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 11:52:38 PM
Indy old mate in real life we could be mates, in fact my very best mate and I have a few is a rabid ill informed Liberal, and my brother
But gee yes having worked for public servants I know some need others to tie their shoe laces
But 500.000? who
Yes some are useless but 95 percent
Bloke you do not even believe that your self,runner, are you an American? southern states maybe?
Or is that what powers you
A woman,s right yes they should have rights, yes not every case is a good reason to abort a child, but start with a woman,s right
Christ I knew was about love not hate
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 6:41:40 AM
Paul1405,
I have paid income Tax, Sales tax, Insurance,in fact I have paid every possible Tax there is to pay including the 7.5% tax for the old age Pension for 52 years.
Belly,
When I say 95% I mean that that many in the public service are not giving the performance in return for the remuneration. Yes, everyone does a bit . Some do less than others yet still receive above average remuneration. I spent time in the Public Service & I have seen first hand how "hard' many public servants work. Cups of coffee while playing Solitaire, checking the Internet but the most time was & is wasted on Facebook. What I am getting at is that the majority in the Public Service are not in the positions because they want to do their part for the good of society, they're in there because it's a great lurk with great perks ! Just look at the responses when you try & contact a Dept. ?
Belly, as a union rep you'd have no idea what work performance is all about, you're simply asking for more money but do you ever ask for a better performance ?
What about the wastage due to many public servants not performing ? The News are full of stories from the antics of all levels of government. Doesn't that bother you ? Families are destroyed by non-performers, people are sent bankrupt by non-performing bureaucrats.
There are a mere handful of real Public Servants who take their work serious but they're hopelessly outnumbered by those who don't give a damn. I have no doubt that many are simply not allowed to perform by their line managers but that doesn't help the public in any way.
I'm fully aware & have witnessed first hand the "we just have to be seen to do something" strategies. If someone's life goes down the gurgler because of it, stiff $hit !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 7:15:55 AM
More Shock On Tim Wilson!

Not content with a phoney inquiry with himself and "Uncle" Geoff Wilson running the show, there is now speculation that Tim Wilson many have indulged in criminal activity.

Here's the rub! Tim Wilson sets up a private website "The website features the Commonwealth coat of arms and Mr Wilson's official title as the chair of Parliament's economics committee (both illegal)." The website is private and partly funded by "Uncle" Geoff Wilson. The deception is that this website is government and not private. But there's more; "the website, which does not have a privacy policy, encouraged users to sign a petition against Labor's policy and the information was then subsequently shared with Wilson Asset Management."

People believing they were giving their voice to government.
"Some people who signed the petition have reported receiving advertising material from Wilson Asset Management, a company that has $3 billion in funds."

"David Watts, Victoria's former privacy commissioner, said the collaboration between Mr Wilson and Wilson Asset Management "raises legal and ethical issues" and called for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to investigate." "What are our regulators doing about this?"

BTW At my "Official" Government Website, coat of arms and all, you can purchase Scum O' washing powder at wholesales prices. Should we encourage all Australians to set up their own "official" government websites, and flog what ever they like?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 7:16:25 AM
We need to come to an agreement as to the difference between illegal & immoral !
A lot of illegal is actually more moral than the legal & the other way round !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 7:52:44 AM
What a surprise. All this fuss and Wilson hasn't resigned!

Wilson is no more crooked than any other politician. All politicians should resign and give decent people a go; but they won't, as long as bogan Australians keep voting for them. Write 'None Of These' on the top of the paper at the next election if you are as fed up with politicians as some of your posts indicate. There must be at least 40-50% of the electorate with the brains to give it a ago. Too much to expect from the Great Aussie Whinger?
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 7:54:21 AM
Well Indy, do you now admit the 95% claim was a lie on you part simply for dramatic effect.

Pension tax of 7.5%, as your pin up gal Pauline would say; Please Explain. I to have paid tax for 50 years, at 65 years of age where is my Aged Pension?

//I (Individual) spent time in the Public Service// Now the cat is out of the bag, my previous assertions about you, may well be correct Maybe your were one of the 95%, or many, no matter how you now choose to cover your lie.

"The Age Pension is the single biggest cost to the budget, reaching more than $45 billion this year"

Only 35% of taxpayers believe they pay enough tax to justify a universal entitlement to an Aged Pension, Indy must be one of the 35%. The majority of voters believe everyone should do their best to save for retirement but that the pension should be there as a safety net for the disadvantaged. Indy are you disadvantaged? No, you were getting the big bucks (above average pay), and the lerks and perks from working in the Public Service.

Indy, have you ever considered giving it all back? No!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 9:57:04 AM
Indy, have you ever considered giving it all back? No!
Paul1405,
Have you ever considered being a professional git because you come across as a pretty adept amateur git ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 10:02:46 AM
Indy, were you a professional git in the Public Service, getting above average pay, with retirement came the lerks and perks of an Aged Pension? Just asking.

Will you be explaining shortly the extra 7.5% tax you were paying, that gave you this pension entitlement. Or like the 95% figure, is it just another lie of yours for dramatic effect.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 10:44:37 AM
Foxy,
You have made two posts here asking runner for evidence.

Firstly he stated unborn babies NOT newborn as you claimed

Runner stated that those parliamentarians that have been members of Emilys list should resign. He is entitled to that view.

Emilys list supports 'reproduction rights', which includes abortions (no qualifying criteria)

Belly,
You may well support abortion without reserve, but runner did NOT link abortion to this Tim Wilson bloke. Read what he said!

My position. I support some abortion but not late term. With the amount of contraception available I see most abortions as unnecessary. Far too many irresponsible women use abortion as a means of birth control.
Posted by HenryL, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 11:45:10 AM
'Christ I knew was about love not hate'

yes Belly exactly why He hates babies being butchered. Wake up to yourself.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 2:24:12 PM
HenryL.,

Runner made the assertion that Emily Lister's were
pro the murder of unborn babies. (I made a typo
with the word newborn). He is not entitled to that
view until he produces the evidence. And for your
information - pro-choice does not equate to being
pro-abortion. What Emily Listers do make clear on
their website - is
that they are for women having the right to
be able to make the decision that is right for themselves
and their families. They do not advocate abortion.
Big difference.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 2:37:10 PM
Why don't we just ignore abortion & focus on birth control ? The Planet will thank us if nothing else will.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 2:51:23 PM
the point remains that I don't think Emily's listers who often promote and always support the murder of the unborn are fit for Parliament and anyone else that promotes or supports the murder of the unborn whether legal or not. Foxy can't come up with one Emily's lister who has ever been pro life or even voted against this monstrous act. Whether Wilson's 'trangression' should demoted or not is insignificant compared with murder.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 3:13:38 PM
runner never ever going to think like you and very very proud of that
Indy you touch a nerve, yes!many abortions need not happen
But some are unfortunate and little more than kids are involved
Rape victims too but yes birth control should be used first always
unless medical reasons exist
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 5:51:24 PM
runner,

Name any Emily Lister who always supports the
murder of the unborn. Back up your statement.
I don't know of any Emily Lister
who always supports the murder of the unborn
as you falsely claim.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 6:18:58 PM
'Name any Emily Lister who always supports the
murder of the unborn'

all of them now name one that don't instead of hiding behind deceit.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 10:40:23 PM
//the point remains that I don't think Emily's listers who often promote and always support the murder of the unborn are fit for Parliament and anyone else that promotes or supports the murder of the unborn whether legal or not//

runner that is a personal opinion, which you have every right to hold. Simply demanding that such politicians should resign because their moral stance is not in accordance with yours is unreasonable. You have the democratic right to campaign/vote against any politician you don't agree with.

At every state election , states have the authority in this area, do you ascertain the "moral stance on abortion" of each candidate before voting. The fact is support for abortion cuts across party lines, and simply voting for a "conservative" candidate does not necessarily equate to an anti abortion vote.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 14 February 2019 1:11:46 AM
runner in truth you are part of the very movement that remind me the Christian right has its hands around the throat of Christianity
What would your God think of your blind and bitter near hate
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 14 February 2019 5:48:09 AM
Belly,
And many of us are wondering what the founding fathers of the Labor Party would make of your blind loyalty to what is so far removed from the original labor Doctrine ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 February 2019 7:55:20 AM
The politician that should resign is Chris Bowen who lied about Tim Wilson using the emails of senior citizens that were pissed off at Labor's retirement tax.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 14 February 2019 10:11:28 AM
indy SM a fact the ALP moved on from what you think it is decades ago
Unlike the LNP it followed the voters
Sorry we can not fit in with your mad views but proud of our polling
And too amused by the words of SM see they point to a blind march to the cliff top this government is making
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 14 February 2019 10:26:16 AM
'runner that is a personal opinion, which you have every right to hold. Simply demanding that such politicians should resign because their moral stance is not in accordance with yours is unreasonable. You have the democratic right to campaign/vote against any politician you don't agree with. '

exactly Paul. And so if you have the right to call for Tim Wilson to resign there is no reason I should not call for those who support and promote the murder of the unborn to resign. The regressives take exception to anyone not agreeing with them.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 14 February 2019 11:12:12 AM
Belly,
Proud of your following by people with no idea or concept of responsibility ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 February 2019 11:20:26 AM
runner, in the case of Tim Wilson, he has contravened the conventions of Parliament. Misused taxpayer funds to protect personal profit. Misrepresented the Government of Australia. Colluded with a non elected person(s) without authority of the parliament in the execution of his duties. The list goes on.

HE SHOULD RESIGN.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 14 February 2019 2:00:04 PM
Can anyone explain how the effect of bureaucratic misuse of Tax Dollars is different to misappropriation by incompetent bureaucrats or different to just criminal rorting ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 February 2019 2:30:27 PM
If what you say is true Paul I agree. I also believe those supporting the murder of the unborn are not fit to serve this nation.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 14 February 2019 3:10:19 PM
runner,
would you be against ISIS parents practising birth control via abortion ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 February 2019 3:41:17 PM
// I (runner) also believe those supporting the murder of the unborn are not fit to serve this nation.//

runner exercise your rights as a citizen, that is the answer to that one. It would be extremely difficult to get laws passed in any Parliament of Australia that tighten abortion laws. The majority of politicians, like the majority of the electorate support the existing laws.

runner its not often we agree on anything, but I, like you, very much oppose abortions for convenience sake. The termination because; "it interferes with my career." or "a baby would be so expensive" I can't support that kind of thinking.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 14 February 2019 3:55:14 PM
On subject hot day in parliament today much anger
Yes the bloke should go
Once would have, the Westminster system was once the measure
Not now apparently
One nation fighting was par for them but entertaining too
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 14 February 2019 4:04:22 PM
'. It would be extremely difficult to get laws passed in any Parliament of Australia that tighten abortion laws. The majority of politicians, like the majority of the electorate support the existing laws.'

yep I agree Paul but only because the pollies that won't stand against what is obviously such a heinous crime have no backbone. And of course I suspect with the Labour/Greens you are unlikely to be endorsed for displaying some decency. Recently their was an Emily's lister (in US) who had her support withdrawn because she opposed full time abortion. The other strange thing is that their is an uprising among many young people who are courageous enough to accept the science of an unborn baby still being a person. Obviously more couragous than my generation.

But yeh we are in agreement for once which is a small bonus.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 14 February 2019 4:18:33 PM
runner, I have discussed my views on abortion with a few in my party, even parliamentarians. When I explained I was not simply a hard line No!No!No! person, they are understanding. I much prefer, not to get to the position where an abortion is being contemplated, I think education is important in that regard. But when it has come to the point an abortion is being considered, then alternatives should be explored. There are certain circumstances such as medical grounds where abortion is necessary, sad as it is.

The consideration of an abortion has come up more than once in my extended family. A nephew and his wife, practising Mormons, have a severely handicapped seven month old boy in NZ. When doctors become aware of the situation, they did "make the offer" but it was refused, and they are now coping as best they can with their fourth child. Its not an easy thing, and it should not be seen as an easy thing.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 14 February 2019 5:36:56 PM
I have no objection to parents objecting to calls for abortion, just as I'd have no objection for them to refrain from demanding others foot the bills for their decisions.
Accidental misfortune must be a collective responsibility, deliberate insistence on clearly forseeable problems should be the immediate family's & those insisting with them.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 February 2019 6:44:04 PM
'A nephew and his wife, practising Mormons, have a severely handicapped seven month old boy in NZ. When doctors become aware of the situation, they did "make the offer" but it was refused, and they are now coping as best they can with their fourth child. Its not an easy thing, and it should not be seen as an easy thing.'

agreed however the debate should be about the other 98%. The dishonest debate about the 14 year old girl who was raped has led to open slather. You obviously know that your nephews case is not the norm. Its encouraging to hear of someone willing to think of life before convenience.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 14 February 2019 6:59:50 PM
runner I wounder what the child would think
Yes it is always going to be a harsh conversation
And again it should not be a matter of the mothers social needs
But I suspect given a chance some children may have confronting views
Posted by Belly, Friday, 15 February 2019 5:07:56 AM
And again it should not be a matter of the mothers social needs
Belly,
I see, so in all your years as a union rep you never considered the social needs of those whom you got a pay rise for at the expense of others ?
What did you actually represent them for then if not for their social needs?
Posted by individual, Friday, 15 February 2019 6:45:09 AM
indy re read you post, I forgive you
It aimed at insulting me in the end insults only you
Weak unfocused but the best you can do
My remark was aimed at a young woman, they exist, too uninterested in taking care not to fall pregnant with an unwanted child
Too eager to kill that, maybe multiple children ,so her social life is not effected
Humanity screams she is a lesser being
You? a low and weak blow, intent on targeting my lifetime unionism you in the end highlighted you need help
Remember my mate, only the letter T separates a wit from a twit
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 16 February 2019 5:39:15 AM
Belly,
Well, how many parents have lost their jobs so others could get a pay rise ? No insult involved , just a simple true figure will suffice.
As dreadful as exploitation of workers is, it is still better to have a little income than none.
I have stated my preferences on that countless times. Reduce salaries so that wages have more purchasing power. Would your union agree to that ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 16 February 2019 6:15:54 AM
Belly, Indy has a typical conservative 'begging bowl' mentality. No pay rise is ever justified, no change in conditions are ever justified. Kiss the bosses arse everyday and be thankful, take what you're given and be satisfied. workers are animals to be exploited like cattle. Just read his attitude to public servants, without foundation he claims they are all, sorry 95%, are good for nothing layabouts. Although he admits to being once a PS himself, obviously a super hero who was on the top of the pile of 5%. However, he's satisfied to be living off the public purse, very much on the govvy train, snout in the trough and all that these days for Indy.

Laughable as it is, the bloke claimed he was once a Labor voter. AND I claim the Popes a Protestant! LOL
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 16 February 2019 8:13:58 AM
Paul you at least have a real understanding indy however?
Cut wages but not cost of living indy?
Wages are the oil that drives small business cut wages cut the economy
Wage control only if price control is in place
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 16 February 2019 11:09:41 AM
Belly & Paul1405,
And dogs chasing their tails will never run straight ! You two would make a great couple, call you Mum 'n Dad from now on ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 16 February 2019 3:05:59 PM
individual mate, do not start an insult game
you would be out of your depth see you display a lack of understanding in most posts
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 16 February 2019 3:55:09 PM
you would be out of your depth see you display a lack of understanding in most posts
Belly (Dad),
Believe me I do understand & in fact I can see right through it all rather clearly, no matter how much smoke the left creates to blur the vision. What it all boils down to with the majority of Australians is that they always demand more but never give anything in return. That is what makes this nation slowly succumb to its own greed !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 17 February 2019 8:05:40 AM
Paul,

Your claims are complete bollocks. You take the unsubstantiated claims of Chris Bowen (the minister that launched a 100 illegal boats) and repeat uncritically as if they were facts. That makes you looks stupid especially when they are proven wrong as they have been.

What Labor is so agitated about is that it draws attention to labor's retiree tax grab that labor thought it could get away with.

With $300bn in new planned taxes, Australians should be planning for a recession.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 17 February 2019 9:14:43 AM
Weak unfocused but the best you can do
Belly,
Please explain what's unfocussed about this question.
"What did you actually represent them for then if not for their social needs?"
Posted by individual, Sunday, 17 February 2019 4:34:04 PM
Shadow, are you drunk, what are you smoking? Even if Tim Wilson is seeking asylum in an asylum, or at Chris Bowen's place, whatever you are saying. He should still resign!
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 17 February 2019 5:37:43 PM
Paul,

The fact that Tim Wilson is rubbing labor's nose in its retiree tax must piss you off, but since that is no reason for him to resign. Especially since labor has offered not one iota of proof of their spurious claims,
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 18 February 2019 2:35:54 AM
"not one iota of proof". Nah, all you have to do is setup a phoney government website. Then have people who think they are lodging a protest to the government, pass on their private details to "Uncle", who can bombard them with dodgy advertising material. All paid for by the taxpayer.

This is better than the 'Nigerian Scam'! Next thing you know "Uncle" will be offering Russian brides to the gullible investors.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 18 February 2019 5:17:46 AM
What can Labor be thinking. They want to stop millionaire retirees who PAY NO TAX, from getting a big fat CASH PAYMENT from the tax office every year. All with the blessing of Scum O' Morrison and his mongrel mob. It should be understandable as it was Scum ' and his boys that wanted to give the Big Banks $17 billion of taxpayer money, and didn't want a Royal Commission into their criminal behaviour.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 18 February 2019 6:16:31 AM
Paul,

As expected, you cannot provide any facts to support your case, and so simply provide waffle and bollocks.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 18 February 2019 1:01:44 PM
Paul,

More waffle and bollocks? Most of the 1.5million retirees that Bullshtin will tax are not millionaires, which is why there is such anger against his retiree tax.

That and the latest refugee cock up is why there is a voter backlash.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 18 February 2019 1:04:36 PM
As always you're wrong Shadow, with 10% receiving 90% of the benefit. Too bad if the Commodore and his millionaire cronies down at the Yacht Club are upset with Labor over this, and they are not going to vote for the ALP. Oh! dear, the Labor Party will be most upset to lose such rusted on supporters as the Yacht Club Commodore and his cronies, LOL. Gee, how unfair, everyone should pay no tax and get a big fat tax refund at the end of the financial year, only if you vote Liberal of course
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 18 February 2019 6:52:16 PM
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/industrial-relations/excfmeu-boss-dave-hanna-filmed-himself-raping-woman/news-story/bca9039fbeded1ae9b8571e529efbe38

What about this bloke then ? Will be interesting how Labor will handle this.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 19 February 2019 8:34:19 AM
Oh! the shock of it all, Another Liberal candidate for resignation. Today scandal; Mathias Cormann, hallo world here I come for free! Well the whole family that is.

"Federal Finance Minister Mathias Cormann has said he didn't notice that he hadn't been charged more than $2,700 dollars in flights for a January 2018 family holiday to Singapore an amount he repaid yesterday after being contacted by the media."

Cormann booked the holiday with 'Halloworld' travel. The chief executive of Helloworld is federal Liberal Party treasurer Andrew Burnes. Despite the long "overdue" account Halloworld never bothered to send Cormann any kind of reminder. Well folks if you want a cheap, sorry free, holilday book with Halloworld, they wont bill you, and the wont even send you a reminder, but you will have to pay up if the media comes knocking at your door.

And this guys Finance Minister, but can't manage his own finances, supposedly.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 19 February 2019 10:29:44 AM
Wow! The 'Cormann Caper' is blowing up! More questions than answers there.

How often does 'Halloworld' travel "forget to bill customers credit cards. 100 times a day, or never.

What proof is there Cormann did give his CC details over the phone to his mate the Big Honch at 'Halloworld'. Why is Cormann booking flights through the Big Honch on his private number, strange, very strange.

And Halloworld through a subsidiary had just landed a big contract, with a government department, no prizes for guessing who's department it was. The clue is, his initials are MC.

And who said we don't need a Federal ICAC. Ah! The Liberal Party.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 19 February 2019 6:44:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy