The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Hot, Hot, Hot

Hot, Hot, Hot

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
Does anyone know how climate change is affecting Aussie farmers? Any decent statistics?
Posted by colorbond, Friday, 15 February 2019 5:58:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
colorbond,
Perhaps your question should be re-phrased to 'affecting farmers whose produce is grown in areas suitable to the climate & ecology".
I'm totally ignorant about farming west of the GDR but from what I see & hear in the media it looks as though some farmers are trying to grow produce in rather unpredictive ecology.
Cotton is alleged to be a very high water demanding industry so why is it grown in periodically arid area ? Is anything being done to store the present excess water ? Will the very recent floods top up any underground storage/aquifer or is it all running off into the sea ? is Lake Eyre filling ? I have seen the Flinders River in satellite photos being up to 60km wide in places. Is that water channelled towards any storage ?
Anyone have better info ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 15 February 2019 6:28:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
popau4, WTF.
I must advise you forthwith, that OLO does allow advertising, and you clearly have violated this rule.
If the moderators don't 'pull' your advertisement, I am at least, informing you of this rule.
Please cease and desist, as it happens, the readers don't want to wade through pages of crappy adds.
If your business is struggling, I suggest you engage the more appropriate advertising mediums, NOT OLO!
Thank you.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 16 February 2019 11:21:24 AM
Sorry, in my haste I erred in that the text should say the OLO 'doesn't' allow adverts........
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 16 February 2019 11:24:22 AM
"This week we have been advised by the 'experts' that this summer is already the hottest 'on record'; the last five years have also been the 'hottest' on record."

Well that's what our beaches are for.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 21 February 2019 2:51:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy