The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Hot, Hot, Hot

Hot, Hot, Hot

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
This week we have been advised by the 'experts' that this summer is already the hottest 'on record'; the last five years have also been the 'hottest' on record.

To me, this is evidence that all the shutting down of coal-powered generators, the madly expensive electricity, loss of competitiveness and jobs, undreliable generators, just isn't working. As sane people knew it would not.

I suppose the 'experts' will say we need to suffer even further hardship and deprivation the name of their god-like egos and big dollars.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 8 February 2019 9:08:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
WTF did you expect? Of course decreasing the rate at which we INCREASE atmospheric concentrations of CO2 is insufficient to prevent the hottest summer on record, nor the hottest years on record. But if we didn't, it would be hotter still.

No, we don't need to suffer hardship. We've already reached the stage where renewable energy (combined with batteries) is cheaper than coal fired. But until there's enough of it to prevent electricity generation companies from manipulating prices, our electricity prices are likely to remain high.
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 8 February 2019 11:46:09 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No. It would not be “hotter still” if CO2 (which has little to do with warming) had not been reduced. Emissions haven't dropped for the past 10 years, and it is getting hotter all the time, according to your fellow hysterics. You don't have a bloody clue what would have happened without the reduction of any CO2.

And, stop lying about unreliables being cheaper than coal, when they are obviously not.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 8 February 2019 12:32:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CO2 has a lot to do with warming, and there's no credible alternative hypothesis to explain the warming we're experiencing. But global CO2 emissions are again increasing (after a slight drop in 2015).

I'm not "lying about unreliables being cheaper than coal". Indeed I'm not claiming unreliables are cheaper than coal; I'm truthfully claiming that RELIABLE RENEWABLES are now cheaper than coal, and that coal itself belongs firmly in the "unreliables" category because our coal fired power stations are frequently breaking down.

Not everything that seems obvious is true. Sometimes instead it's the result of making false assumptions.
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 8 February 2019 2:00:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So, you are not lying, but then you admit that you are lying by swapping 'unreliable' for 'reliable', a new lie in itself

Tell me Aidan, what bulldust wil you be spurting when, in the future, despite all the useless sacrifices, the climate just does what it was going to do anyway. Perhaps you think you will be gone from this mortal coil and will not have to dream up more stories.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 8 February 2019 2:50:34 PM
hot hot hot. Only for snowflakes who weren't around before they started to manipulate the data. The US and Europe has been cold cold cold. Unfortunately the warmist charlatans have made heating and cooling far more expensive than it should be.
Posted by runner, Friday, 8 February 2019 3:33:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy