The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > One World Government, positive or negative?

One World Government, positive or negative?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Dear Belly,

As posters have pointed out - there are still
social, political, economic, and cultural issues that
would make the formation of a world state very difficult.

Our world clearly lacks the mutual trust, unified
ideology, and post nationalist mindset to form a world
state and countries are still way too iffy over giving
up their borders or falling in line with the political
ideologies of other countries.

Maybe (not sure whether we should) in the next century or
few centuries or so, but there is hardly any signs today
of any progress towards a world government. As I stated
earlier - not going to happen any time soon.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 8 February 2019 12:34:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

Uniting both Australia and New Zealand under one government ? I suppose it could happen, although the South Island may secede. So might the North Island.

Australia and PNG ? Indonesia, Malaya and the Philippines, as Sukarno hoped after the War ? Why, one might wonder. India and Pakistan ? Saudi and Iran ? Good luck.

Re-unite Britain and Europe ? 'Invite' Canada to become part of the US ? Mexico as well ? Pull together all of the West Indies into one country ? Perhaps they could start with fielding a cricket team again.

Russia, the Baltic states and Ukraine ? Croatia and Serbia ? All of Spain as one single country ?

Uniting all of Africa ? Nkrumah had hopes for that fifty and sixty years ago, it seems so logical.

Brazil would like to be the No. 1 in South America, with all of the lesser sub-nations as its provinces.

Russia and China, under one government ? Turkey and Russia ? China and India ? China and Vietnam ? Well, Vietnam did fight a 100-years' war for its freedom a thousand years ago, maybe the enmity might have cooled down by now. Oh no, wait, they fought a war only forty years ago: this week would be the anniversary of that one.

But always look on the bright side, Belly. :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 8 February 2019 3:30:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy point taken and I agree
Jayb you may well be right in fact I agree
Now how much say did we the average person have in swapping integration for multi multiculturalism
Do we have any say in the wars in the middle east
See we may have no say in it, it could be a forced Dictatorship
Or forced by the victor of a world war
What if world trade broke down, and hunger even starvation took hold
Would we take promised relief and vote for it
IF it took place what would it look like in 200 hundred years
Would people except it by then
Posted by Belly, Friday, 8 February 2019 3:31:55 PM
One world government, just so long as it does not include idiot's liike this one.

MP reveals he DOESN'T KNOW how many houses he has after it emerged he's listed as the owner of FIVE – but has only declared two

A government minister who called himself an 'idiot' for inappropriate conduct towards a female soldier has revealed he doesn't know how many properties he is listed as owning.

Assistant Minister for Roads Scott Buchholz faces new accusations he failed to declare his extensive property portfolio to the government.

Mr Buchholz said he was investigating the ownership of five Queensland properties with his accountant, The New Daily reported.

The Liberal minister has two properties in Boonah and Blackwater, Queensland, declared on his register of interests in the House of Representatives but a search on RP Data suggests he is the owner of a number of other properties with his former wife Lynn.

Four Queensland houses appear on the database as belonging to Mr Buchholz, including one of the houses that was declared.

'I have always kept my register of interests up to date with amendments provided as required,' he told Daily Mail Australia.

'I'm currently going through a property settlement as the result of a divorce and will keep my members register of interests up to date within the required timeframe.'

Mr Buchholz and his former wife paid $850,000 for a four-bedroom home in Dugandan in 2015, documents suggest.

He solely bought a second property in the same suburb for $417,000 in 2017, according to a CoreLogic listing.

The former married couple acquired a three-bedroom Dalby home in 2007 for $187,000, listings show.

Mr Buchholz and his former wife's longest owned property on the database appears to be one of the residences declared with Parliament.

The Blackwater home was bought in 1993 for a slim $53,000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6680651/Idiot-MP-reveals-DOESNT-KNOW-houses-has.html
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 8 February 2019 6:22:21 PM
To Belly.

The larger the government, the greater the risks of people falling between the cracks, or worse being openly oppressed. Not that smaller governments don't already do this but it would be a greater risk by the measure of how much of the population would fall into those cracks, live in those ghettos, or fill the mass graves and cremation ovens that have been associated with dictators of the past.

Giving a leader more power won't make them any more Nobel or more moral. Even if the one world government wasn't dictated by a single leader by by a counsel like the EU, the threat of things getting worse by falling through the holes is a big issue. One element of the EU is mutual support for all the nation's in the union, but those who don't pull their own weight make demands from the more prosperous nations without giving anything back in return. In the end it makes one population eventually lose the ability to help themselves.

These are the risks of a one works government, and they would likely fuel the world into a one world government civil war. Hundreds of years after the world government won't necessarily mean there will be a utopia like you hope for. It might have some better elements in it, but it will likely have way too many worse elements to not justify it.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 9 February 2019 4:23:10 AM
Loud mouth Not-now-soon the threads is not about some thing I wish for
But it is about some thing others are working for
IF it ever came about, not matter what was promised, it would become a dictatorship in my view
China is restricting some, maybe all, faiths
Maybe that would be an effect
A world army would soon end at least, terrorist army's
I wanted to include the 200 years here as a reminder once lost future generations may not see the loss of freedom and nationality as bad
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 9 February 2019 5:17:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All