The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Child safety in cars

Child safety in cars

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Belly Quote "Child safety in cars is a worthy subject
It should not be sidetracked by insults and a seeming need to target others without reason"

I was pointing out that I posted virtually the exact statement.

Your sudden case of sanctimonious self-righteousness is possessively embarrassing, if you call out your besty Paul and others you align yourself with then and only then will your accomplish anything.

As stated before you are a hypocrite you in the past constantly insulted other but only stopped because you were loosing every argument you involved yourself in.

Belly can't stand the heat, GW irony.
No certainty in NSW but we have the team needed to win and govern well"

** Mr sanctimonious self-righteousness rules hypocrite go report yourself for OFF TOPIC. **

Please think before applying finger to keyboard so as not prove to everyone how stupid you are.

Just out of interest did you get someone to sit your radio amateurs exam, I have before included Morse Code into around comments you either could not read it or are not very observant.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 8 February 2019 1:05:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Child safety in cars is indeed a worthy subject
Seems some just forget the child is in there
Others think it is ok
Prison is needed for a few
Posted by Belly, Friday, 8 February 2019 3:23:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly So the rules should be applied only to others, not Belly and his mates, does anyone need further proof of what an hypocritical idiot you are.

You and your job plus Latham have nothing to do with Child safety in cars.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 8 February 2019 5:14:38 PM
Paul,

The statesman is a 1999 model, 3.8 litre motor and no gas guzzler, best that I've gotten out of it as 40 mpg but that was special as there was no traffic going the same direction as me and I could let it roll over the crests as slowly as I liked but this was country driving, in the city it'd be a real gas guzzler.

When I first got it I needed a big car, now I keep it because I like it and driving it is effortless, but I'm always mindful that driving a car is more complex, 90% of the time, than flying a light 'plane and requires far more concentration.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 8 February 2019 9:01:47 PM
Hi Issy,

Thanks for the run down on the 'Statesman'. Child safety in cars was of paramount importance when I was a kid in the bush, around 1960. In Uncle Jimmy's FJ Holden ute, with 3 adults up front and half a dozen kids in the back tearing along the Boomey Lane between Molong and 'The Old Place', Granddads 750 acre sheep property, about 30 miles away. The child restraint was in the form of Uncle Jimmy's gravelly voice yelling "Hang on you bloody kid!". Of course the adults had prepared well for the trip, downing half a dozen bottles of 'Dirty Annie' between them before leaving Molong. That ute could sure kick up some dust.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 9 February 2019 5:48:29 AM
Elon Musk to the rescue of your dog not your child.

PET PROJECT Elon Musk announces pet-saving ‘dog mode’ for Tesla models to protect pooches from overheating in hot cars

Tech billionaire Musk announces the new update will be rolled out to Tesla Model 3 cars next week

It will be able to detect when a pet is locked inside the car - and keep the temperature at a safe level.

There will also likely be a display or some form of communication to inform passers-by that the dog is safe.

The new update comes after the tech guru was inundated with tweets from customers.

In October, one Tesla driver asked Mr Musk: "Can you put a dog mode on the Tesla Model 3.

"Where the music plays and the air conditioning is on, with a display on screen saying 'I’m fine my owner will be right back'?"

The businessman replied: "Yes".

Although it is as yet unclear how the new system will work, it will likely be an extension of Tesla's Cabin Overheat Protection System.

This already prevents temperatures inside the car from reaching unsafe levels when kids or pets are inside.

But the screen in Tesla models is likely to now flash a message to pedestrians informing them that the pet inside is safe.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8389384/elon-musk-dog-mode-tesla-cars/

** Odd how they are putting something in the car that is already in the car but for the dog.**

Quote "it will likely be an extension of Tesla's Cabin Overheat Protection System This already prevents temperatures inside the car from reaching unsafe levels when kids or pets are inside."
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 9 February 2019 6:26:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy