The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Child safety in cars

Child safety in cars

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Paul1405 Liar Quote "If I came across a distressed kid in a car like that, I'm going to smash the window. Of course i would probably get a bill from the owner."

** It has already been stated here the action you say you would do is illegal, but should be made legal **

** I wrote - People should be allowed to smash the window of any car where a child or pet is in danger, at the moment only police can **

One day you may learn how to read properly.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 7 February 2019 11:38:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philly-Poo,
I don't normally read your post, they are mostly rubbish anyway.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 8 February 2019 4:09:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is posting here a right or a privileged
Because we post views different to others is it ok to insult without end
If every action has a reaction, is it ok if we all name others liar
Who will make another a target just because they do not like that persons comments
Is our highlighted poster a Bully
Child safety in cars is a worthy subject
It should not be sidetracked by insults and a seeming need to target others without reason
Paul we have limited options, we can not let our selves become just as bad
But we can highlight the problem by letting those posts go unanswered
Posted by Belly, Friday, 8 February 2019 6:25:46 AM
Hi Belly,

You have a top bloke in Mick Daily, very popular in Maroubra. Did a stint on Randwick Council, went well there, before taking the State seat after Bob Carr tossed it in. He's been challenged twice by another good bloke, the perpetual loser Michael Feneley. Michael been around in everything, took on Matt Thistlethwaite (came from the Senate and rolled Peter Garrett for the gig) federally twice The first time I gave him my preference, thought Matt was too much of an Eddie man for my liking. I'm certain Michael would have won if Garrett had still been there for Labor. Michael even chucked his hat into the Liberal ring in Wentworth recently, again without success. Not sure who the Liberals are putting up in Kingsford Smith this year (The great Lionel Bowen's old seat, Lionel would score 75% first preferences, my days in the Labor party) against Matt, but until Michael came along there were often scratching for a candidate. Laurie Brereton came over from the state seat of Heffron for Labor, that's when I left the Party. Peter Garrett was parachuted in by Labor in 2004, at first I was okay with Peter (I had given him a Senate vote way back when he had a go, and just missed out), but we clashed several times verbally over local issues, as I believed he was nothing but a grandstander. Since the days of Lionel the Labor vote has gone south, and the seat is now classed as marginal Labor.

The relatively high profile Pat Farmer is running in Maroubra (don't mind the pun) for the Liberals against Mick Daily. Not sure what affinity Farmer has with the seat of Maroubra, probely none. Despite the "speeding ticket affair" and Pat's profile I think Mick is pretty safe.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 8 February 2019 9:08:46 AM
Hi Again Belly,

All's fair in politics, back in 2011, the year of the wipe out of the Keneally Labor Government in NSW. Things were looking grim for Mick in Maroubra, a big swing was coming his way. Some were even predicting an unrealistic 30% swing. We had a popular candidate in the long serving Randwick councillor Murray Matson, Murray had done a stint as Mayor and was known as a hard worker for the community. The Liberal's had Michael Feneley, who was a bit of an unknown. With preferences we gave ourselves a fair chance of victory. What does Mick do, puts out all his advertising material in bright Green, and what's virtually missing from his material the words Labor Party. Voters were telling us, glad to see Michael Daley has switched to the Greens. The upshot was it was enough to get Mick re-elected with real Green preferences, with a much smaller swing that the state average. Even Premier Keneally suffered a 16% swing in Heffron.

Some sometimes it pays to be "Green", even if you are Labor underneath. Ha ha.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 8 February 2019 9:48:39 AM
Paul in 2004 was well in to my job as union official
Went to meeting that informed us Matt T had been rolled by Lathams Captains pick
He grew on me and was sad to see him go but MT has a seat and is looking good
No certainty in NSW but we have the team needed to win and govern well
Posted by Belly, Friday, 8 February 2019 10:37:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy