The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Child safety in cars

Child safety in cars

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
“Surely car manufacturers can come up with a safety device …..”, at more cost to car buyers, with more Nanny State. How about parents taking responsibility for THEIR kids.

Very few parents are stupid enough to leave kids in cars. Even leading hysterical Channel 7 wouldn't bellow about it more than twice a year. But, of course, let's get Big Brother to make manufacturers increase the price of already too expensive cars for a couple of idiot parents who should have their children taken away from them. And, seeing we no longer manufacture cars in the New Zimbabwe aka Australia, it isn't going to happen. So unimportant is the occasional roasting of children in cars, the parents (all female I believe) are never punished
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 February 2019 8:39:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

Unfortunately, the Statesman wouldn't do for politician's car as it has had too many encounters with 'roos.
The bodywork is somewhat dinged, worst one took out one headlight, the grill, distorted the bonnet and badly dented the rhf mudguard and this at about 30 kph and the 'roo got up and bounded away, then, to add insult to injury, a small 'roo hit the lhb mudguard about 20 k further on.
Said guard being brilliantly held on by spring clips hit the road and was severely damaged.

I agree that it is the responsibility of parents etc., but winders on windows would help for older children.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 7 February 2019 8:45:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Issy, as long as its reliable and getting you from A to B without much trouble. I was thinking of those early 'Statesmen', the ones that looked like Yank Tanks. Is eco on the petrol, or a gas guzzler?

The problem with many modern cars, too many things to go wrong, things you can't fix yourself.
I'm still at a bit of a loss as to how you deal with the hot car problem. If I came across a distressed kid in a car like that, I'm going to smash the window. Of course i would probably get a bill from the owner.

BTW; Your mob look a chance of nicking a couple of staunch National seats in NSW. This environmental disaster in the Murray-Darling has locals up in arms. There is more to it than the drought. Water theft is big news out that way, as is corruption and political skulduggery.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 7 February 2019 9:28:22 AM
The safest device should be the parents !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 7 February 2019 10:18:49 AM
I may be wrong but in this case it seems the baby was forgotten
Surely no one would leave a child in the care ?
However we could develop some alarm that can not be turned of to go off if the car is locked with some one inside
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 7 February 2019 10:52:38 AM
Hi there INDIVIDUAL...I couldn't agree more. A child's safety is the ultimate responsibility of parents. Leaving an infant in a locked car during extreme summer months is a reckless endeavour by any one's measure.

PAUL1405 said he'd break a window, but he'd probably receive a bill from the owner? I would suggest PAUL1405 would be lauded for his actions by everyone including the attending coppers. And requiring him to pay for a broken window, would be the least of the owner's worries, with the coppers being 'all over' the individual (usually females) for 'recklessness' and ignoring the 'foresight of consequences' that the infant could die, rendering the woman or man entirely culpable of Manslaughter.

My thoughts with our own kids - neither my wife or myself would ever conceive leaving an infant in a car unattended, unless in the care of a responsible adult, who's a close member of our family, irrespective of the weather. When it comes to infants & trust, I'm afraid I've seen too much, ever to consider having any 'faith' and trust when it comes to a helpless child?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 7 February 2019 11:38:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy