The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Climate Mania Is The 21st. Century Crowd Madness

Climate Mania Is The 21st. Century Crowd Madness

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. 17
  14. All
Aidan,

A fast reaction means you combine your products more quickly. Think of two bakers: One makes a loaf of bread in one minute, the other makes the same loaf in 100 minutes. I think it pretty clear why the Haber process is commercially viable.

As for your claim that renewables are cost competitive, it must have improved an awful lot since the December SMH article when solar and wind minus batteries and connecting infrastructure were still far more costly than coal. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of technology, but when I see a cost of eight billion dollars touted for a two gigawatt wind farm, I get an inkling that the cost of supplying electricity solely from such systems would amount to thousands of dollars per capita per annum. Sheer madness.
Posted by Fester, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 7:20:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Right at this moment I'm watching a program on the air pollution in Mongolia.s capital from all the coal ovens to keep people warm in the minus 30 degrees.
They reckon climate change is making their winters more severe but not in the warming sense.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 8:16:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just watched Bill Gates saying that there is no substitute for the way that economy runs today. Unreliables and batteries will simply not do the job. I would pitch Gates against any of nitwits who think otherwise any day.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 9:57:14 PM
With possibly annoying humour, this lays out many of the issues if you have the time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFWiMJdotM&fbclid=IwAR3acYznfO4c_6i5i_myO9QEDMx3pc7WL9nxFGPuIPHSL7OnDmQQPmcv6aQ
Posted by Luciferase, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 1:18:32 AM
Luciferase,
Imagine if we could populate our lands with a population that can digest logic.
Alas !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 7:48:57 AM
Green logic is that since Iceland (geothermal) and Norway (hydro) run on a constant supply of renewable energy the rest of the world should be able to run on intermittent renewable energy.

Great to see Iceland getting a mention again, thanks Aidan.

Germany is the poster-child of the banal logic of the Greens.
Posted by Luciferase, Wednesday, 13 February 2019 9:38:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16