The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How Conservative are the Australian Conservatives?

How Conservative are the Australian Conservatives?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
The electorate have a good understanding of the politics of the established political parties Labor, the Coalition and even the Greens and One Nation through their already established voices in parliament. One of the new boys on the block seeking representation is the Australian Conservatives led by Ex-Liberal Senator Cory Bernardi.

Reading the policy statements of AC most of which is orthodox conservatism and nothing to get excited about. With their big stick approach to law and order, more toys for the military boys, kick the public servants and those on welfare, schooling to be taken back to the 60's with the three R's and not much else, a hard line immigration policy, its all fairly predictable conservatism. Should you be a Rip Van Winkle and vote for these guys and they were to become government sometime in the future while you were sleeping (highly unlikely, they may not even win one seat this time round), what type of government would they be?
As I said most of the AC stuff is orthodox conservatism and nothing to get too exited about. However some of their polices might be a bit more extreme than what most Australians expect. A strong anti Muslim line is evident; "Australian Conservatives will engage in a rational, honest and realistic appraisal of Islam in Australia." That should be of concern to every Muslim in Australia. As for public broadcasting "We will require the new, merged broadcaster to strictly adhere to enhanced charter obligations of balance and a diversity of views." Open to political interference from the government. Just two items of concern, but there is much more undisclosed detail which should be of concern to those who intend to vote Australian Conservatives.
Before voting for this unknown quantity, Australians need to think carefully, because as a government these guys could get in on a conservative vote, but be the extreme radicals no one expected.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 24 January 2019 9:57:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Redneck with a low IQ requirements to be a conservative here and in America
Pointless racism even hatred from people who them selves came from other back grounds
Yet sanity will prevail, out side Queensland at least
Not one bit better than Communism or Fascism true Conservatives are forever an uniformed minority
Posted by Belly, Friday, 25 January 2019 11:01:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Paul, for the briefing. I had never looked into this mob, but they sound just like the antidote we need to counter the radical ratbaggery on the Greens & the heavy left of the Labor party.

Hey belly, when did you switch factions? Has someone woken you up to the fact that the Muslim enclaves are regular Labor voters. Your new philosophy does look like a shift to the radical.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 25 January 2019 12:14:27 PM
The fake and immoral news outlets hate the conservatives. Shows they are closer to truth than others. Happy to have low IQ especially when being measured by likes of Belly
Posted by runner, Friday, 25 January 2019 12:23:14 PM
Dear Paul,

I don't like putting labels onto people.
I am starting to see just how divisive
that can be. Most people I know will be
conservative in some areas. Myself included.
I don't think we can really pre-judge people.
All we can do is look at the way they behave -
and whether we approve of their behaviour.
As for politicians? I think it's a question of
policies.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 25 January 2019 12:32:01 PM
I note Paul is again demonising what for most part of recent Australian history were the values held. Multiculturalism has brought with it cultural and political agendas wit intent to change culture and law. As far as the Public Broadcaster they are now an opinion commentator both in news and entertainment and not free of political bias. We need to make them survive the same as other broadcasters.
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 25 January 2019 12:44:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy