The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > France in real trouble

France in real trouble

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
"The government will also begin negotiations on the huge backlog of overtime pay, with unions saying they are owed a collective 275 million euros, but details have yet to be worked out."

Negotiations, so hows that work?
You come an work for me, do overtime and at the end of the week, you think you're owed $200 in overtime and I say to you: "How about I give you 50",
- And then we haggle until an agreement is reached.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 11 January 2019 9:34:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So the French mummies boy president is trying to turn the French police into a mercenary force to use against his own people.

I wonder if he can find enough money to get them to start policing the Muslim no go areas of Parris?
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 11 January 2019 1:29:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Damn workers
Let them eat cake
Better still bring back the leg irons
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 12 January 2019 4:11:52 PM
To add an item to this;
The Yellow Vests have been complaining about motorway charges and
speed camera fines etc. So one report was that 80% of speed cameras
in France have been damaged and put out of operation.
The government is undertaking a major effort to restore the cameras
as the loss of revenue is so great.
Not worried about safety at all, as speed cameras do not save lives.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 15 January 2019 3:38:55 PM
It just got a lot worse.

Yellow vest fireman left in COMA after being shot in head by POLICE
A FIREMAN has been left in a coma after being shot in the head by police during a yellow vest protest in France.

Olivier Beziade suffered a “very serious brain injury” after being shot from behind by a police officer using a flash ball gun during the yellow vest demonstration in Bordeaux on Saturday. The father-of-three is currently in an induced coma in hospital, according to his family

Mr Beziade’s wife Cindy told French media: “I'm furious. This is unacceptable. I won't let it go.

“The demonstration was calm until about 4.30pm. I was with my husband in Rue Sainte-Catherine.

“Then there was a bit of panic. We turned turned back to avoid teargas fumes and to go home. I turned first right, he took the first turning on the left.”

Mr Beziade was then shot by an officer with a flash ball gun, while another threw a stun grenade towards him.

Mrs Beziade added: “They shot at us like rabbits.”

Local police have ordered an investigation, claiming a group of yellow vests protesters were “trying to get into an Apple store nearby” at the time of the incident.

This weekend marked the ninth week of yellow vest protests - named after the high-visibility jackets they wear - which have rocked French President Emmanuel Macron’s premiership.

There were 32,000 demonstrators across the country on Saturday, including 8,000 in Paris, according to official estimates.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1073115/Macron-protests-yellow-vest-protests-france-olivier-beziade
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 17 January 2019 1:58:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy