The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pill Testing

Pill Testing

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
There has been some emotion displayed in the last week or so, prior to upcoming music festivals, about the 'need’ for taxpayers to provide pill testing services for young people silly enough to take illicit drugs.

To me, this would be an act of aiding and abetting drug use.

People who know that taking drugs is dangerous (and illegal), but who are demanding pill testing are suffering from cognitive dissonance.

The same thing applies to those people condoning 'safe injecting rooms’
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 9 January 2019 8:36:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interfering in commerce can be a dangerous thing
Police officers all over this country get a large part of their income from not stopping the drug trade
Untrue? no sadly has been true for 100 years plus
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 9 January 2019 9:30:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey ttbn,
Everything happens in small steps.
They are going to have to legalise and regulate all this stuff when we have a cashless society.
These news stories and unfolding events are to condition you for whats coming.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 9 January 2019 9:55:49 AM
"Police officers all over this country get a large part of their income from not stopping the drug trade"

Evidence?

None?

Yeah, didn't think so.

This is just a backdoor way of legalising these types of drugs. The government is trying to tell people that they have to be illegal because they're dangerous. Yet, through this process, they'll be telling people that these particular drugs are safe but still illegal. And from that, people will take the lesson that drugs aren't illegal because their unsafe.

Personally, I'm entirely in favour of complete legalisation of all drugs such that they can be sold openly just like tobacco and alcohol. The so-called war of drugs was lost a long time ago and can never be won. Legalise them, regulate them, tax them. Sure this will create other societal problems but anyone who thinks our current policy settings are desirable or sustainable is living in a fantasy-land.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 9 January 2019 10:09:45 AM
yep make people reliant on the Government so nobody has to take responsibility for any of their actions. Surely we have learn't from patronising aboriginal communities in that it produces totally self centred people. Soon we will be wiping peoples bums.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 9 January 2019 10:11:24 AM
AC,

I'm a bit surprised to see a fighter like you talking about the 'inevitability' of legalising dangerous drugs. While some administrations have de-criminalised weed, we are talking about really bad stuff here. Weed smokers will hardly notice the effect it has on their already dull brains, but death and mayhem? I don't think so.

runner,,

Yes. It could be part of the Far Left's trust-me-Im-from-the-government plot. I hope all “bum wiping” would be done by politicians themselves.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 9 January 2019 10:31:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy