The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Taxpayers To Foot The Far Right Travel Bill

Taxpayers To Foot The Far Right Travel Bill

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24
  13. 25
  14. 26
  15. 27
  16. All
P1405: where is your evidence that this criminal was at this demo in the company of Greens.

There is a photo of him standing behind Sue Munro. Pity we can't post Photos.

You haven't provided any evidence, just as you haven't provided any evidence that Greens received taxpayer money to aid their attendance.

No I haven't, but, once again at the risk of repeating myself for the 3rd. time.

"I asked the question. (By the way,"Who paid their Travel Expenses?")"

I did not say the Australian people paid their Travel expenses.
Posted by Jayb, Sunday, 13 January 2019 8:08:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//There is a photo of him standing behind Sue Munro. Pity we can't post Photos.//

You can post links to photos.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 13 January 2019 8:44:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sue Munro? Other than your assertion that this woman is a "Well known Marxist", and I'll accept that on your say so, I fail to see the connection with the Greens, can you make the link?

In Anning's case the evidence is clear, as a parliamentarian he made an expenses claim against the taxpayer for his travel to this Neo-Nazi rally, which in my view is not legitimate parliamentary business. Anning's claim that he was representing his "constituency", with only 19 votes I fail to recognise any "constituency" he might have, I am a Queenslander (now) and he did not represent me. If like that list of people you have posted Anning met the travel expenses from his own pocket, or from a grateful benefactor, or elsewhere, there is no evidence that the taxpayer paid their travel expenses, then I would have nothing to whinge about.

Say, I was sent on a work assignment to Melbourne, and on my return I claimed $3000 from my employer for a trip to a brothel, maybe several trips, something unrelated to my work as a "work related expense" is my employer justified in refusing my claim? I would say yes, I have the right to visit the brothel in my time, but at my expense.

Even if the taxpayer footed the bill for a whole bus load of Greens to attend an extremist rally, which they did not pay for, then in no way does that mitigate what Anning did. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 13 January 2019 8:57:45 AM
P1405: I'll accept that on your say so, I fail to see the connection with the Greens, can you make the link?

Nine News Queensland 10 January 2019 Last Saturday the leader of the Victorian Greens Samantha Ratnam, Greens MP for Brunswick Tim Read and Greens candidate for Macnamara Steph Hodgins-May attended the St Kilda Antifa rally. Prominent members of a supposedly mainstream Australian political party attended an event organised by arguably the most radical and violent far left extremist groups active in Australia today. (ANTIFA)

Guilty by association, as is Fraser Anning with his two Nazi's.

You seem to be doing a lot of wriggling to get out of the association. That's that the 4th. explanation in plain English you have failed to understand. Trying to do a Steelie, are we. When all else fails, deflect.
Posted by Jayb, Sunday, 13 January 2019 10:27:51 AM
jayb, I do not condone any parliamentarian attending extremist rallies in their capacity as a member of parliament, that is obvious in Anning's case as he claimed a parliamentary expense.

Okay, this Sue Munro is off the hook, what about these others, leader of the Victorian Greens Samantha Ratnam, Greens MP for Brunswick Tim Read and Greens candidate for Macnamara Steph Hodgins-May. I'll let Hodgins-May off as she is not a parliamentarian. If Ratnam and Read attended this extremist rally in some official parliamentary capacity that is totally wrong, and any claim for expenses should be denied. As private citizens they are free to do what they like in their own time, let the voters be the judge. Anning is free to do what he likes in his own time, and same as, let the voters be the judge.
p/s I was going to vote for Anning, but now I find out he associates with criminal Neo-Nazi's I'll vote for someone else, maybe the Greens.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 13 January 2019 12:10:51 PM
Paul, The GREENS?
Keep looking!
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 13 January 2019 12:45:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24