The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Was Peter Dutton Wise?

Was Peter Dutton Wise?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. All
Dutton dumped on Turnbull big time today
Was it, even if every word is right wise
I think the Government would have liked clear sailing between now and the election
As we wait for Turnbull or his supporters reply was this needed
Dutton may have his reasons for the spray, he knows holding his seat will be hard
Maybe he is saying he still wants to lead the party
Or maybe this is his farewell shot, interesting times we live in
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 30 December 2018 3:55:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Bellly,

Was Peter Dutton Wise?

No!

The MP must feel under pressure to keep his
Northern Brisbane seat. He appears to be trying
to justify his behaviour to his voters. Unfortunately,
his timing is not good - given an election coming up.
The voters don't need to be reminded of what happened.
The Party does not need this right now. They need to
present a united front. Unfortunately, Mr Dutton does
not appear to be thinking of the Party.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 31 December 2018 3:45:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I did not post this to be confrontational
In fact would like to see true Liberal and yes Conservative views
What did Dutton want out of his actions
Some one on my side of the fence claimed Sky wanted to soften his image?
No way, polls and his margin in his seat, seem to point to it being unlikely he can retain it
Surely these self inflicted wounds are not helping his party
Posted by Belly, Monday, 31 December 2018 3:47:34 PM
The short answer is no.

The problem that the liberal party has with the electorate is that they appear disunified, and irrespective of how bad Turnbull was, slagging him off only makes Dutton feel better.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 31 December 2018 4:01:35 PM
"The MP must feel under pressure to keep his Northern Brisbane seat."

Perhaps you're right Foxy.

A politician who has nothing to lose is wont to suddenly learn the virtue of the truth.

And he merely spoke the truth about his departed leader.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 31 December 2018 4:55:47 PM
I say he was right.

Too me he is slightly distancing himself from the main Liberal stooges, the average Liberal voter can clearly see Turnbull for what he is a train wreck happening nearly every day.

So if Dutton can still be the liberal candidate but show he was against Turnbull he may not suffer the backlash from liberal voters the other stooges will come election day.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 31 December 2018 6:07:24 PM
Perhaps not.

He is reminding everyone that it was he, {& Abbot] who got rid of the despised Turnbull, & just how bad Turnbull really was.

After they Libs lose the next election, they will have to get rid of the Turnbull light bunch that are now running the party, & will need someone with guts to take over.

We know Abbot has guts, & Dutton is reminding everyone, he does also. They are the ones who will lead the libs back, if they are to come back. Not giving them the leadership would be the end.

The only question is, after 3 years of Shorten & his mob, will there be anything worth trying to save. Any one who has read his speech at the convention would have to be very doubtful of that.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 31 December 2018 6:36:53 PM
Dutton told the truth. Certainly never received well by the regressive media who were largely responsible for Turnbull stabbing Abbott in the back.
Posted by runner, Monday, 31 December 2018 7:51:39 PM
Dutton would be better off staying out of sight & let the Ministers for Social Services & Law & order talk about how they plan to better things.
Posted by individual, Monday, 31 December 2018 8:04:15 PM
In the strangest yet true, way posts here tell us if the poster is Liberal or Conservative
Dutton, and Morrison are Conservatives, Dutton more so
And if we look without bias we can not avoid Dutton hurt his party, big time
Philip S you seem unaware of Dutton,s Margin, he is on a very very slim margin
As Liberal flock to tell what they think of the man, he should be in no doubt his petulance was wrong
I can not avoid my thought the internal war L. V l is white anting the party
Or that post election it will be center stage as factions fight to restore Liberalism
Dutton is Labors gift for Christmas 2018 that continues to give this year
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 4:46:30 AM
I believe a Country needs strong leaders who can act without fear or favour and demonstrate by their wisdom they have benefitted the people and Nation.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 5:58:41 AM
Josephus ok so do I our opinions will change nothing
But voters will
The fact is forget the views of those entrenched on both sides
Will Duttons actions win the swinging voters over
Will they calm the Turnbull supporters
Has in in any way helped his cause or his partys
Or has he in fact damaged it
Trump it is said is a strong leader
Currently far less than 50 percent of Americans agree with most things he says
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 11:25:37 AM
Belly "Will Duttons actions win the swinging voters over"

He is not trying to do that he is distancing himself from the Turnbull stooges so he has a better chance of being re-elected.

He hasn't damaged the party Turnbull already did that.

Quote "Trump it is said is a strong leader Currently far less than 50 percent of Americans agree with most things he says"

How many people agree with what comes out of the mouths of the two clowns we have as leaders, Shorten and Morrison.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 12:56:51 PM
At Least Australia's global reputation is still
rating well. Can the same be said for that of
the US under Trump?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 12:59:09 PM
Global reputation:

I recently saw footage of people in Europe chanting "We want Trump". I haven't seen anyone chanting "We want Mal".

I have however seen people mocking a country that changes its PM more often than a drag-queen changes his/her hair colour.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 2:09:43 PM
Philip S mhaze please consider
It is not us welded on supporters who will say who wins the election
It is those Howard and Menzies, Whitlam and Hawk, Rudd too bought with them
The middle
I could name true filth in my party, and yours
Unlike you I have done often
Consider what you gain by ignoring Dutton,s crime against your party
Think about posts above that *as always* refuse to address the subject
Just hurl past sins of Labor filth back
What is gained by such blind silliness
Dutton please please please, understand is faced *not because of this action* with a near impossible task holding his seat
He, even within YOUR party, has not got as much support as those opposing him.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 4:14:17 PM
Belly Turnbull supporters are lefties, & your party is welcome to them.
What the libs must do must do is win back the conservatives that Turnbull lost. Perhaps it's too late, but with the policies Shorten espoused at the conference, it is probably too late for Oz.

I am surprised that you can support the far left stuff Labor is promoting now.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 4:27:06 PM
Dear Belly,

Trump in Europe is a joke.
As is the Coalition in this country.
Neither will survive!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 4:37:14 PM
Hasbeen I unlike you, want constant improvement from my party
Again unlike you, at times like this I publicly name filth from my party
IF you did that, unthinkable from you
Your party may benefit from understanding some things are harming it
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 7:11:36 PM
"Consider what you gain by ignoring Dutton,s crime against your party"

My party? Which is my party? I assume you mean the Libs since, in your binary thinking, if I don't support Labs idiocy I must support the Libs. Right? Well no, wrong. I'd explain how its possible to support different groups at different times for different reasons, but it'd go over your head. But in my life I've voted Lab more than I've voted Lib.

"Trump in Europe is a joke."

Well lucky he's not running for office there then.

"Neither will survive!"
Yes we are about to elect this man... http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=oLwCyn1nOP0

"I Agree With PM, But I Don’t Know What She Said". A man of convictions? Talk about a laughing stock.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 9:16:21 PM
mhaze like Hasbeen you give all the evidence I need to prove you are blind
Filth Eddy Obead remember him'it? I loudly told a truth
My party KNEW about him, and the vermin who worked with him
SOME wanted him gone
A ratbag law, party law, that should be removed PROTECTED HIM
You can not cross the floor and retain your pre-selection in my party.
UNLIKE YOU or your party I demand constant improvement from mine
Nothing but constant renewal and improvement will do
Your stance those like you is sucking the life out of the three party owning your party one being YOUR lost conservatives
Election day, the day Labor was justly thrown out I voted independent and drove around booths not manned by my fellow travelers for the first time in decades
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 5:45:31 AM
Belly you just can't get it can you.

Many of us don't have a party, never have, & never will.

Until Shortens stupid speech at the conference I did not know who I would vote for, but it sure wasn't going to be liberal. I still don't but I do know now, it most certainly wont be his Labor party.

I still doubt I will be able to bring myself to vote for a party infected with so much of Turnbulls garbage policies & supporters, so I am going to have to do a lot of research before deciding to vote for someone or informal.

We need to go back to first past the post, or at least allow us to terminate our preferences. I don't want my vote to go to Labor after shortens speech, but I equally don't want it to go to the Libs.

Currently it will end up with one of these, when I don't want to vote for either. I will probably vote informal in the house, & make damn sure none of my Senate preferences filter down to either major.

I normally want a government able to implement it's policies fully, but I now think Labors policies are so bad, I would prefer a hung parliament.

At the same time I am having trouble figuring just what the Libs policies are. I doubt they actually know what they are themselves, or realise they are so unpopular that expressing them would cost them votes. Well I can assure them, not expressing them clearly is costing them heaps.

So mate, please drop this "your party" bit. Most of us are not one eyed.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 9:09:02 AM
Belly,

Your reading skills are truly pathetic. I explain that I am no supporter of the current Liberal leadership positions and you go right on explaining to me about the failures of my party.

I guess if one cannot string a cogent argument together, one needs to reduce everything to goodies and baddies. Count me out.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 9:38:17 AM
Was Peter Dutton Wise?

Answer1- I don't know- it's always risky to make public comments- but no risk no gain.

Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 5:45:31 AM
You can not cross the floor and retain your pre-selection in my party.
UNLIKE YOU or your party I demand constant improvement from mine
Nothing but constant renewal and improvement will do

Answer2- Yes but the Labor Party is a "Classical Social Liberalist" party and so believes in change- hence the "constant renewal". Peter Dutton is a Conservative within the Liberal Party (Economically Liberalist)- Conservatives don't believe in change.

Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 5:58:41 AM
I believe a Country needs strong leaders who can act without fear or favour and demonstrate by their wisdom they have benefitted the people and Nation.

Answer3- I agree.

Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 1 January 2019 4:14:17 PM
It is not us welded on supporters who will say who wins the election
It is those Howard and Menzies, Whitlam and Hawk, Rudd too bought (the middle) with them

Answer4-

Yes the middle is critical but the majors have colluded to disenfranchise them (on immigration and globalisation at least- and probably on other conservative issues).

The Conservatives appear (as others have said on OLO) to have sat on their hands for many years trying to quietly make a difference while the country has become more frigheningly Liberalist. Given this I can understand Dutton's and Australia's frustration and consider that Dutton's comments to be very moderate in this context.

The middle is critical but they don't understand who the Conservative Traditionalists are. Ironically Conservatives need to learn propaganda from the Communists and other Liberalists. Conservatives as Dutton rightly said in his "spray" need to speak in terms of "sound bites" not "2000 word essays".
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 9:48:23 AM
I think Peter Dutton probably reflects many of the views of policy I hold. I remember in 1994 I helped a CDP candidate running in a byelection for the federal seat of Werriwa against Mark Latham. I would never have thought I could support him, but looking at him now he has values I can support.

Persons who only watch the ABC and SBS News will have a bastardised view of President Trump and his patriotism. The ABC and SBS are Globalist in world view and support the United Nations on One World Government and Islamization of the World. Theoretical to equally share World resources as the desert countries of the Middle East run out of oil.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 10:21:33 AM
Well look and see poster after poster has told me my views are wrong
But ignored theirs may well be too
Elections are not won by people with minority views
For just a second contemplate Dutton failed to win enough support to lead his party
Vote Loathsome Latham
But understand he fails in every thing he try,s
Two party preferred wins government not minority's
Hasbeen pull the other leg
mhaze truth remains true
Dutton wounded his party him self and gave ample evidence we are lucky he did not beat Morrison
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 10:50:59 AM
'The ABC and SBS are Globalist in world view and support the United Nations on One World Government and Islamization of the World'

yes Josephus, really they are traitors of this nation. They have sold out to perverts, feminism, Marxist, globalist and Islam. All at taxpayer expense.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 12:42:45 PM
I agree with you Runner. The ABC and SBS seem to be an "Australian Greens" propaganda machine- the government needs to take away more of their funding.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 1:22:57 PM
CM runner you do know your views are extreme? not shared by near most?
This thread is about a mistake
Some thing that need not be said at this time has been
Even within his party Dutton has more enemy's than supporters
Slagging the ABC or any other entity will not change that
Thankfully your views are not shared by the majority even of Liberal voters
In that last sentence is the very real problem facing this government
Its right faction can never win the support of most voters including its own voters
The opposition benches wait for sure and certain new occupants
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 3:41:18 PM
Past surveys of ABC employees has found that a plurality are Greens supporters. Little wonder therefore that corporate agenda of the ABC is hard to distinguish from that of the Greens.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 3:46:11 PM
Accusations of bias are useful tools to undermine
confidence and support for our National Broadcaster,
the ABC. Just as fake news is deployed by Putin's
Russia to undermine social stability and confidence in
institutions of the West, especially the USA.
Chip, chip, chip, crash!

In fact, some bias in the ABC is not a vice but a
virtue and it is mandated in its charter. Specifically
the ABC is required:

1) To provide Australia innovative and comprehensive
broadcasting services of a high standard as part of the
Australian Broadcasting System consisting of National,
Commercial and Community Sectors and, without limiting
the generality of the foregoing, to provide:

a) Broadcasting programs that contribute to a sense of
National identity and inform and entertain and reflect
the cultural diversity of the Australian Community.

Commercial Media, especially television has no such
mission. Long ago it shed the public service
broadcasting obligations with the blessing of politicians
on both sides of the isle.

The ABC, especially ABC radio devotes air time to issues
that are largely ignored by other media: religion, feminism,
Indigenous issues, and so on.

Public Service Broadcasting, the ABC, SBS, is vital to
providing alternative ideas and understandings.
Without alternative ideas or political parties we don't have
a democracy.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 5:40:17 PM
'CM runner you do know your views are extreme? not shared by near most?'

maybe Belly. Then again the majority also think its ok to rip unborn babies apart. Will never make it right.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 6:19:14 PM
If the ABC & SBS are so popular why do they have to be so heavily subsidized.

Probably only a very few people watch them and there are only a very very few programs they produce and air that draw a significant number of viewers.

Quote 'CM runner you do know your views are extreme? not shared by near most?' Please provide evidence of that or is it your usual BS.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 7:16:54 PM
Philip S.,

I don't know where you get your information from.
The ABC is a national broadcaster. However it is
not "heavily subsidised" as you claim. There have
been cuts to the ABC by more than $80 million.
It costs Australians less than 7 cents a day for
the ABC. The BBC is much better funded. Our ABC is
a bargain. Cheap by any standards. And you're
complaining? Well you're in the minority.
According to recent polls done by Roy Morgan and
the Australian Institute - most voters oppose any
cuts to the ABC and seven out of ten Australians
love the ABC. It is our most trusted broadcaster.
But then I suspect that someone like yourself -
would surely already know that. You're just stirring.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 9:59:42 PM
' However it is
not "heavily subsidised" as you claim. '

no the recent sacked CEO who was described as incompetent by board members was only on $900,000 per year. Many of the Marxist comentators earn over 300000 per year to push their putried dogmas. Obviously Foxy sees it as money well spent!
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 10:11:31 PM
Foxy You are going down like the Hindenburg.

Quote "I don't know where you get your information from.
The ABC is a national broadcaster. However it is not "heavily subsidised" as you claim."

Where from, I am sitting hear with a copy of the 2018 - 2019 budget Financial Statements.

You claim "it is not "heavily subsidised"

** if it is not heavily subsidized how do you explain this **

Funds from other sources 2017-2018
Sale of goods and services $57,279,000
Interest $6,415,000
Other $19,506,000
Total funds from other sources $83,200,000

Funds from other sources 2018-2019
Interest $6,553,000
Other $8,006,000
Total funds from other sources $71,838,000

** So in 2017-2018 there earned revenue was $83,200,000
** in 2018-2019 earned revenue will be $71,838,000

Total funds from Government in 2017-2018 $1,043,680,000

Total funds from Government in 2018-2019 $1,045,911,000

**If a business only earns $83 million dollars BUT is given $1.04 BILLION dollars by the government that is heavily subsidized. **

Staff Level
2017-2018 Average staffing level 4,111

2018-2019 Average staffing level 4,141
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 10:54:06 PM
It is not possible to change others fixed biases
And in this case not worth the effort
We are in a thread that questions has a right wing man hurt his party by a badly timed and thought out action
Avoid it if you wish, but I warned in earlier posts, ignoring his actions
Introducing others faults, even invented ones, is saying my side right or wrong
Such a claim/view condemns that side to never ever improving
It too, in insulting voters ability to think, makes the coming defeat even more certain
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 January 2019 4:59:02 AM
has a right wing man hurt his party by a badly timed and thought out action
Belly,
Definitely but it is still highly preferable to a left wing crowd hurting the whole Nation with badly timed & thoughtless policies !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 3 January 2019 7:49:26 AM
INDY thanks, your contributions help me make a point
Very few true Conservatives want any improvement from their team
And the best some, including you, can do is throw mud at the others side
Closed minds are not productive minds
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 January 2019 12:40:29 PM
Individual,

So you regard the current "Banking Royal Commission"
which is busily uncovering various wrong doing in our
financial sector as bad policy? It was the Labor
Party that was in favor of setting one up for some time -
even having it as a policy in the last election in 2016
while the Liberal Party wasn't. The Libs were not
wanting to weigh in on business dealings of some of our
largest companies - while the Labor Party were more than
happy to do so.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 January 2019 12:51:23 PM
the banking royal commission actually revealed more about investors losing money and then crying wolf than it did anything else. Yes a few rogue operators that could easily of been dealt with outside of a RC. The real losers are the ones trying to get a loan now but can't.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 3 January 2019 1:15:43 PM
The Banking Royal Commission has revealed a great deal.
We've heard evidence of appalling behaviour by Australia's
major banks and financial planners from the past decade,
including bribery, forged documents, repeated failure to
verify customers' living expenses before lending them money
and misselling insurance to people who can't afford it.
AMP admitted to lying to regulators and the Commonwealth
Bank admitted some of its financial planners have been
charging fees to clients who have died. And it gets worse:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/apr/20/banking-royal-commission-all-you-need-to-know-so-far
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 January 2019 1:46:27 PM
Foxy being nice as you always are will not win over such as runner and my mate indy
Runner is as good as any religious right you can ever find
Mind closed eyes shut and an intent to use the truth like a soft stick
wist bend and do anything but not serve its purpose
Such people are forever an extremely small minority
Peter Dutton in the more flexible minds of his party damaged them and himself
A half heard radio news report signaled some thing big may add to conservative concerns tomorrow
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 January 2019 4:17:41 PM
If you believe Humans can change climate, socialism is the best way to distribute wealth and Islam must be allowed to grow in Western countries; then you are a traitor to our freedoms and values. The ABC and SBS and the United Nations promote those as the answer to human Government. For Foxy's sake that seems to fulfil the charter of the ABC. That agenda is the intended destruction of capitalism and the control of the people by removing their freedoms as currently happening in the UK.

Note it says cultural diversity of the Australian community; note it does not say ethenic diversity. So it is free to promote a divisive cultures which Shariah is. It is free to promote the human effect on Climate which is a fraud because the alternative political point of view the Greens promote it. Al Gore the chief of the idea lives in a mansion fronting the ocean less than 6 meters above the tide so even he is not concerned. He has made millions from promoting this fraud.

Peter Dutton is a strong voice and those supporters of the Liberal Party recognise the left wing damage Mal has done to the Party that is why his ratings were low.
Posted by Josephus, Thursday, 3 January 2019 5:00:01 PM
Foxy two recent comment but you failed to answer this one.

The ABC is a national broadcaster. However it is not "heavily subsidised" as you claim."

Information from where, I am sitting here with a copy of the 2018 - 2019 budget Financial Statements.

Interest $6,415,000
Other $19,506,000

Interest $6,553,000
Other $8,006,000

**If a business only earns $83 million dollars BUT is given $1.04 BILLION dollars by the government that is heavily subsidized. **
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 3 January 2019 5:43:57 PM
I find it confronting, truly, that so many Conservatives supporters here refuse to see a truth
The world is changing, the lurch to the right
Bought about by refugee flows to big to handle
And just maybe a deliberate intention to force humanity to become one people
Is an experiment that will fail
True Liberalism has a future, and as a reaction to Trump serving as POTUS state is serving Liberalism
True Liberals out number Conservatives in this government
But not here,True Liberals would not support in any way Dutton,s actions
PS at some future day another truth will emerge refugee/migrant flows as well as financially driven are a symptom ,first early symptom ,of over population the next big thing to confront us all.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 4 January 2019 5:35:49 AM
The influence of the New World Order has permeated left thinking that it is now considered inappropriate to criticize a leader of a Government. China, North Korea, Turkey are a few examples where you cannot be a critic of Government leader or policy.

Even where Islam has strong influence such as Victoria, Europe and the UK Shariah law of blasphemy has removed the rights of citizens to be a critic of the ideology, as in the case of Danny Nalliah which cost him $500,000 to clear his name in the High Court of Victoria. As in the case of Tommy Robinson and Paul Golding and Jada Frankston in the UK continually harassed and imprisoned for speaking out against the ideology of Islam and its primitive cultural of child slavery and rape. This is the New World Order as envisaged by the United Nations.

Currently the Labor Party accommodates this thinking, as Dan Andrews says do not confront those gangs and cultures committing the crimes. The police are just to remove persons who could be injured and charge the innocent if they do not obey orders. Criticism of poor behaviour by ethnic gangs or culture is considered hate speech and incitement to violence.

Criticism of a leader is considered hate by the left and damaging. Malcom Turnbull and his family were more aligned by left politics, so to criticize him is considered hate by the Left.
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 4 January 2019 8:21:15 AM
Philip S.,

The following link may help you:

http://www.meaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/abc-fact-sheet.pdf
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 4 January 2019 8:58:16 AM
Philip S.,

Ooops. Excuse my typo.

Here's the link again:

http://www.meaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/ABC-fact-sheet.pdf
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 4 January 2019 9:03:08 AM
Josephus you have my sympathy, living in a conspiracy as you do is not some thing I want to do
Peter Dutton could not get the support even in his party room
Intelligent thought understands he will not get it in his party,s voters
Interesting however watching Conservatives trying take charge of the boat they are in fact sinking
Posted by Belly, Friday, 4 January 2019 10:43:09 AM
Foxy You wonder why people insult you, I will demonstrate one reason.

In plain simple English.

1) Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 5:40:17 PM
Part Quote "Public Service Broadcasting, the ABC, SBS, is vital to
providing alternative ideas and understandings.
Without alternative ideas or political parties we don't have
a democracy."

2) Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 7:16:54 PM
"If the ABC & SBS are so popular why do they have to be so heavily subsidized."

3) Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 9:59:42 PM
The ABC is a national broadcaster. However it is not "heavily subsidised" as you claim. "

4)Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 10:54:06 PM
Where from, I am sitting here with a copy of the 2018 - 2019 budget Financial Statements.

I leave out some figures here but you can see them above.

5)On Thursday you made two comments but failed to answer my question (which is not the problem)

6)Thursday afternoon I posted my comment again.

7) Posted by Foxy, Friday, 4 January 2019 9:03:08 AM
Quote "Philip S.,
The following link may help you:
http://www.meaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/ABC-fact-sheet.pdf"

8)Now for the problem.
You get asked a question but you do not answer the question.

BUT you come back with a link to (MEAA Fact Sheet ABC Funding Cuts)

I am not asking you about funding cuts.

On a lot of occasions you get asked a specific question but come back with a link that has nothing to do with the question.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 4 January 2019 6:41:42 PM
Con't
Foxy, in a situation like that you could have easily said.

By those figures it is heavily subsidized but here is a link that justifies those subsidies.

Or

By those figures it is heavily subsidized but I believe it is money well spent because whatever the reason is.

Seriously there is no way any rational thinking person could say the following example is not heavily subsidized.

Posted by Philip S, Friday, 4 January 2019 6:50:26 PM
Philip S.,

If a National Broadcaster is underfunded and then
has even more huge cuts done - which affects it
greatly - including loss of staff. It does not
equate to being "heavily subsidized." Heavily
"cut" is closer to the truth.

You should go back and read all the Facts in the
link I gave.

I can't be held responsible for your comprehension
skills -
or lack of. As for people insulting me?
That could only happen if the insults came from
people whose opinions I respected.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 4 January 2019 7:04:07 PM
Foxy Your stubborn ignorance defies any logic.

You defend the indefensible and categorically refuse to admit it when you are wrong.

Open question to anyone reading.

Read the following figures, in all honest would anyone say the ABC is not heavily subsidized.

Interest $6,415,000
Other $19,506,000

Interest $6,553,000
Other $8,006,000

** So in 2017-2018 they earned revenue was $83,200,000 Subsidized from Government in 2017-2018 $1,043,680,000 **

** in 2018-2019 earned revenue will be $71,838,000 Subsidy from Government in 2018-2019 $1,045,911,000 **

Posted by Philip S, Friday, 4 January 2019 9:45:37 PM
Foxy you are in verbal conflict with a person who is never wrong
A person who wants total agreement with his thoughts and views
In such a person we see no room for improvement
A perfect person thinks there is never a need for improvement
Peter Dutton is not the only person insisting shooting him self in the foot is a solution
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 5 January 2019 5:18:32 AM
We don't have any wise politicians. Wise ones would not have this Nation in the state it is in.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 5 January 2019 3:08:05 PM
Indy what state is the country in?
You seem to grasp negativity with both hands
I doubt you or I could ever get every thing we want from any government
But too think we are not yet on the brink of disaster
We both must understand a government must serve most of us, not just please a few
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 5 January 2019 4:03:08 PM
government must serve most of us, not just please a few
Belly,
Ideally, Govt would serve the deserving but sadly, hangers-on have become a formidable force at polling booths so that's why we get Govts being forced to waste resources.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 5 January 2019 5:13:07 PM
Tomorrow Individual is back to work day for most
It too is the year this Government falls
IF I thought like you I would say at the hands of dead head know nothing voters
Air wasters who are destroying our country
But I do not, yes many, far too many, will line up head in neutral and vote without thought
But in the end if nothing else is true the defeat is a self inflicted wound
Time after time government ministers have ignored voters/reality, and acted like Dutton.
Cash, an unpleasant woman at best, declared war on workers, white board? she has been in protection curled up under her desk from that day
The Labor government, like every government any place, will not be perfect, but it will govern well
It has a great front bench you will find fault from day one, but that is just you
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 6 January 2019 5:26:11 AM
It has a great front bench you will find fault from day one, but that is just you
Belly,
The evidence is that we don't need to wait for day 1. Their incompetence is already sticking out like a canine reproductive apparatus. They have failed in the past & they will fail us again at our cost. Why, their doctrine is an unworkable idealism for a start because you can't have an economy that gives more to the non-performers than the performers can produce.
The Coalition has slackened badly lately but their overall past performance outweighs Labor's.
I think the asset tests are the LNP's greatest stuff-up & their overall performance is sabotaged by the heavily-weighted Labor content of the Public Service. If we expect a Conservative Govt to perform then it must have more conservative orientated Public Servants.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 6 January 2019 7:24:14 AM
individual share this thought with me
As both of us have no doubt Labor is about to be elected
Your post nearly every one you ever made
Infers you know far more than the voters do
Labor will be elected in time to be blamed for the coming financial melt down
And you will continue to ignore this government has doubled our national debt sense taking office
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 6 January 2019 11:52:16 AM
Australia needs a Trump to bring back our own manufacturing base rather than importing goods and creating National debt. Dutton may have been the one to reduce imported welfare recipients and criminals and given us strong borders and National security.

Labor will increase imported welfare recipients and with them war criminals to change our way of life. Labor needs these people to vote for them as in Western Sydney.
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 6 January 2019 1:00:14 PM
Josephus so we need a Trump, to destroy the trust of our friends, threaten the very basis of world trade
A trade we can not live without
Introduce a race based hatred of the very migrants who built America and us
TOO did you do ok in maths at school?
Muslim population of this country is 3 percent, not enough to turn one seat
Note you are a Christian, sadly a bigot too
For griefs sake do the maths, yes maybe BOTH sides get a lift from Migrant Enclaves
But only in your mind, is there any chance an election can be won or lost by how migrants vote
Josephus your post here has shown a side of you ,you might consider hiding
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 6 January 2019 4:15:21 PM
Infers you know far more than the voters do
Belly,
When I look around I can honestly say that in the integrity department 75% of voters don't give a damn about the Nation.
I'm not one of them, I assure you. Also, why would I support some insipid career politicians & bureaucrats ? On both sides ! I don't even support the lesser of the two evils who put up their hand to run for Govt. As a citizen I am required to vote because not voting would be more damaging than voting Labor.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 6 January 2019 5:54:45 PM
Indy you make me happy to remember we here are not Representative of the public at large
Yes I can not defend voters
Far too many fail to understand politics
Even more will never understand voting is the only single thing that gives them the power to change anything
Politicians, on both sides, thrive on understanding this weakness
We however must understand our wishes and wants may never come close to what the country needs
I see much I think needs changing, but know it is not possible
Those voters who say they are all the same should reconsider
Better government can be stalled by an electoral system that lets senators elected to one party [Fraser Anning] join yet another, leave it, but have a say in what majority elected government can or can not do
Expecting perfection from an imperfect system is unwise
Posted by Belly, Monday, 7 January 2019 5:20:26 AM
I see much I think needs changing, but know it is not possible
Belly,
I am convinced that a National Service would make positive change possible. Once mentality is set onto a better course, many other positive factors will evolve. At this stage, only the will to change for the better is nowhere, not even here on OLO, to be found.
Why, because working for the common good goes directly against the opportunistic mentality of the majority of people. That's a dreadful situation which only a National service can change because an exposure to responsibility will snowball.
Posted by individual, Monday, 7 January 2019 7:02:57 AM
Dutton was right and he is by releasing briefing like this showing people we still need him.

http://www.news.com.au/national/hundreds-of-criminals-in-australia-facing-deportation-after-losing-visas/news-story/268e4bca25256a7713befebf1f83a596

Hundreds of criminals in Australia facing deportation after losing visas

More than 800 criminals had their visas revoked in 2018 and face being booted out of Australia thanks to new laws.

Child sex offenders and murderers were among hundreds of criminals who faced being booted from Australia last year after losing their visas.

More than 800 criminals had their visas revoked in 2018 under laws that require non-citizens sentenced to 12 months or more to lose them.

The majority of the group — about 500 people — had been sentenced for violent crimes.

The group included 100 people involved in child sex offences or child exploitation, 53 people involved in domestic violence, 34 involved in sexual offences and 13 murderers.

Visas were also stripped from 125 people sentenced for assault and 56 for armed robbery.

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton said there was no place in Australia for those who seek to harm others.

“We welcome people from all round the world, but those few who think they can live in Australia and be involved in criminal actions need to know they won’t be staying long,” he said in a statement on Monday.

The latest figures bring the total number of non-citizen criminals stripped of Australian visas to 4150 since 2014, after mandatory cancellation provisions for criminals dealt sentences of 12 months or more were added to the Migration Act.

The federal government introduced draft laws to parliament in October that could lead to even more foreign-born criminals getting the boot.

Under the bill, anyone convicted of an offence punishable by at least two years in prison could have their visa cancelled — regardless of whether they were jailed for less time, or not jailed at all.

The laws would capture violent and sexual crimes including riots, home invasions, carjackings and serious breaches of family violence orders
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 7 January 2019 11:15:46 AM
Dutton is at best a dullard who is about to find his seat lost
He could not get the numbers in his own party
And he is never ever going to get enough support to win a raffle
Posted by Belly, Monday, 7 January 2019 11:53:05 AM
Typical Labor, who would have left the criminals here.

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton previously said among people whose visas were cancelled last year were “some pretty nasty characters”.

Rebels bikie boss and Brownlow medallist Dustin Martin’s father Shane was deported to New Zealand weeks before his son played in the AFL grand final.

Daniel Maxwell, a New Zealander who was an accomplice in Brisbane teenager Cole Miller’s one punch attack death, was caught up in a bureaucratic bungle in August last year when he was released on an 18-month suspended jail term.

The 22-year-old New Zealander was on a night out with his co-accused Armstrong Renata in January 2016 when he repeatedly tried to start fights in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley.

Eventually, they found Cole Miller, who was coward punched by Armstrong Renata and died in hospital a day later from his head injuries.

When Cole’s dad realised Maxwell had walked free from court, the grieving father put in a call to Mr Dutton’s office — hours later he was rearrested and sent to a detention centre for deportation.

About the same time, Caleb Maraku, 19, escaped a jail sentence for coward-punching teenager Taliesin O’Meara, 19, on the Gold Coast during Schoolies and walked from court laughing.

The incident caught the eye of Mr Dutton, who then cancelled Maraku’s visa under discretionary powers he can use if foreigners fail the department’s character test.

West Australian bikie Kevin Michael Lawrence, who migrated from the UK in the 1960s but never became an Australian citizen, last year had his visa cancelled while he was visiting Thailand.

The group of 800 included 100 people involved in child sex offences or child exploitation, 53 people involved in domestic violence, 34 involved in sexual offences and 13 murderers.

Visas were also stripped from 125 people sentenced for assault and 56 for armed robbery.

Last year’s cancellations were highest in NSW (about 300), followed by Queensland (190), Victoria (160), Western Australia (120) and South Australia (30).

** Potential Labor voters **
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 7 January 2019 12:13:14 PM
Belly, You obviously only listen to ABC and SBS news, who hate Trump.
Many of Trumps supporters are black and Muslim. He prefers to keep out those from countries that have a high criminal or warring history.
I topped my class every year in Maths.

Proportion of Persons of Islamic Religion 2015
Electorate
Party and Margin
Statistic

Lakemba
ALP
Auburn
ALP
Bankstown
ALP
Granville
LIB
Liverpool
ALP
Holsworthy
LIB
Rockdale
LIB
Mount Druitt
ALP
Fairfield
ALP
East Hills
LIB
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 7 January 2019 3:56:25 PM
Yawn, did some body say some thing worthwhile
Something based on fact
Thought not
Old Labor what did it rant ignoring this country's voters are about to vote the rag tag coalition out
And Labor in
Posted by Belly, Monday, 7 January 2019 3:56:43 PM
Belly Quote "Yawn, did some body say some thing worthwhile"

** It certainly would not have been you. **

Quote "Something based on fact"

** Counts you out again. **

Quote "Old Labor what did it rant ignoring this country's voters are about to vote the rag tag coalition out And Labor in"

** Could you please translate that into legible English? **
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 7 January 2019 7:07:52 PM
The thread has become a child minding center
Facts lay around smashed by personal bias that refuses to let truth breath
Dutton can not win his seat
The margin is too tight
He has lost support in his own party, he can not be part of the badly damaged Opposition in the new Parliament
His exporting criminals, has been in my view an achievement
He should have returned even more
see? you let your preconceived bias about me make false claims about what I think
reality matters
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 8 January 2019 5:07:29 AM
Belly Quote "The thread has become a child minding center"

** That's okay I don't mind looking after you and the other children, but I do expect to be paid. **
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 9 January 2019 10:17:31 PM
Mirror?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 10 January 2019 4:54:53 AM
Belly Answer -. ...
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 10 January 2019 11:27:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy