The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Education way overrated in today's society?

Is Education way overrated in today's society?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Indy, if what you claimed was true then the National party which obviously does not have female quotas with only two women from 22 members should be a team of brainiacs instead of the bunch of dill brains they obviously are.

BTW, I did ask, can you tell us the last time the Lefties caused hell to break loose when an employer selected a "competent" applicant over a so-called "educated" one.

Well? When was that.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 28 December 2018 7:47:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
What part of read the Govt Gazette don't you understand ? Union action is another part of such discrimination.
Read job advertisements.
Posted by individual, Friday, 28 December 2018 8:33:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual,

You have not given us any proof whatsoever in
your claims. I have worked in both the government
and private sectors for many years both in this
country and overseas, and I have not
experienced what you're claiming as facts.
Perhaps your experiences are not as broad as mine
have been - but I definitely dispute your findings.
As for "union interference?" - that went out some
time ago - except perhaps in the imaginations
of people like yourself. I presume that you've
retired some time ago and can only speak about
what it was like - way back then ...
Times do change.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 28 December 2018 10:24:02 AM
Foxy & Paul1405,
You wouldn't accept evidence no matter what because it would simply go against your preachings which, I believe are nothing like your beliefs. Were you to have what it takes to acknowledge reality you would not even think about my argument.
You Foxy of all people are actually a librarian who's job it is to selectively archive what's acceptable for whoever dictates to you.
Unlike blue collar workers, public servants are not restrained by integrity so, incidents such as the ones I allured to are not publicised & recorded. Proof is in being present where & when these incidents occur.
Many years ago when I spent time researching via archives I used to get what I requested. However, over the past 30 years Museums & State archives have become literally closed to non-academic researchers. "We don't have the info you're seeking" & that was that. A couple of years later I see it in references of articles written by members of this Inner Circle. the very same goes for FOI.
I, along with three others applied for a position for which we had more than ample experience but it was given to a very young person with experience at all in the work force because he was deemed "more qualified" due to Uni attendance.
Check Govt Gazettes & talk to people who were ignored because of less education.
Posted by individual, Friday, 28 December 2018 2:16:16 PM
Individual,

We can only speak from our own experiences.
I just happen to
know that mine are far broader than yours.
And I have never been told to be "selective"
in the information that I provide. On the
contrary - that would go against my personal
ethos. I am trained to not only look on
both sides of the coin - but around the edges
as well.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 28 December 2018 2:48:22 PM
that would go against my personal ethos.
Foxy,
We all like to say that about ourselves, posting on OLO shows different.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 29 December 2018 7:13:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All