The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > History, so much to understand

History, so much to understand

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
History is very interesting, especially now.

http://www.aljazeera.com/amp/indepth/opinion/moscow-lost-riyadh-1938-171014113525997.html
Posted by JF Aus, Saturday, 15 December 2018 7:07:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fascinating, but not surprising. So the Soviet leaders were happy to get into bed with clan-based reactionaries ? Utter opportunism. And then kill off their own henchmen on bogus suspicions ? What a totally bankrupt philosophy Sovietism was, from the first day. What a mug I was to go along with it for twenty years.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 17 December 2018 8:28:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Russia needs the oil and the Saudis need Russia's
armaments. So it's a mutual benefit to both.
However, I wonder if the question of a two-state
solution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict
was raised by the Saudis?
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 17 December 2018 12:45:34 PM
World politics works on a simple principal, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

That principal is used in peace and in war, it is also used to destabilize countries
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 17 December 2018 2:25:05 PM
World politics is never simple.
And the old adage - "The enemy of my enemy is my friend,"
certainly provided many lessons from the wartime alliance
of the Allied forces during WWII resulting in the
beginning of the Cold War and a divided Europe.

http://europe.unc.edu/the-end-of-wwii-and-the-division-of-europe/
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 17 December 2018 4:10:34 PM
Russia has for some time been a huge crime gang not even close to communist
China too seeks world domination and is not communist
Posted by Belly, Monday, 17 December 2018 4:55:57 PM
Hey Belly,

"Russia has for some time been a huge crime gang not even close to communist"

Watch this:
Trump's Ties to Russia - Part 2 - The Russian Mafia
http://youtu.be/-Mt9iXp8Qoo
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 18 December 2018 6:54:51 PM
Watched it Trump is both a criminal and traitor to his country
This is the year 2019 he will fall
not sure it is worth starting a thread
but we will talk about him the world will want answers soon
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 18 December 2018 7:05:04 PM
Hi Belly,
He's certainly not worse than the other mob.
I supported him because he was pro-nationalist (supposedly) and put the progressives (AKA Useful Idiot globalist minions) in their place, but I've never liked his 'Israel first' behavior.

I think there's a Deep State plan to put them all in jail.
Donald, Ivanka and Jared.

Saw this today, almost made me laugh;
http://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/a-shocking-pattern-of-illegality-trump-foundation-shuts-down-20181219-p50n2y.html

If people only knew what a complete slush fund and crime cartel the Clinton Foundation was they'd think it was a little of the 'pot calling the kettle black'.
Even Gillard gave her 140 million and spent her birthday with Tony Podesta, no doubt the money was pay to play as detailed in Wikileaks released emails.

If you want to get the truth about Clinton Foundation Charles Ortel is the expert.

Here's his latest weekly video.
Sunday with Charles – The Shaming of the Shrews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doeTvDEX9-0

I don't care too much for Trump anymore, he hasn't succeeded in too many of the things he promised, (though he has done some good things and I won't deny it) But at the same time pushes an Israel first agenda with no issues, and that kind of irritates me.

- Not one indictment - not one scalp of the real enemies behind the scenes -

That said, I'd rather stick with a flawed leader than ever trust Democrats and their progressive globalist agendas.

- I just can't do it -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 19 December 2018 9:48:59 AM
AC you know it is my view Hillary was the wrong candidate
We do not agree from then on
America is just about what Russia is a huge crime gang run business
But Trump is on the way to a crash he will never come back from
The man is insane
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 19 December 2018 11:28:46 AM
Hey Belly,
There's another video about Trump which came out today that follows on from the last one you watched, goes for about 13 minutes if you want to watch it.

Trump's Ties to Russia - Part 3 - Mafia Money Laundering
http://youtu.be/Oys42aeggFA

Sometimes politics is awful confusing, so many different players and all with their own interests.
It's hard to step back and figure out what it's all about...

But in the bigger picture it’s all about bringing weaker countries into the New World Order power-structure by 'advising' them to take on large loans from the World Bank, IMF, Goldman Sachs - that they can never pay back.
The loaner then can lay hands on natural resources of the debtor, as well as other valuable assets like ports, rail, airports, roads etc. and even exert political backing for New World Order related proposals in organizations like the UN and WTO.

Private Central Banking is like one big ponzi scheme, when money is lent into existence;
If you create a new currency and there is interest on top of the principle, then there is never enough money in existence to pay back the original debt.
You have to screw a foreign country;
And with everyone screwing everyone else;
There's not enough money in the combined total money in existence to pay back the combined total of all the debt.
- Some countries have to lose -

It's a ponzi scheme where they slowly they gobble everything up, because the house always wins.

All pushed towards Global Governance.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 19 December 2018 10:15:38 PM
AC did not get to watch that one speakers have chucked it in
Well my view on a country I too once thought was our best hope, is going to upset many
See the country never was what we had thought and hoped, not post about 1960 at least
It has a deeply confusing electoral system, big money seems to own both sides
NRA holds as much power as any sides leader the country as it is brings the word septic tank to mind
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 20 December 2018 6:46:09 AM
Armchair,
>If people only knew what a complete slush fund and crime cartel the
>Clinton Foundation was they'd think it was a little of the 'pot calling the kettle black'.
No they wouldn't, because it isn't.

Because of her presidential run, it's one of the most scrutinised charities in America, and despite the many thousands of clickbait lies about it, it's clean.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 20 December 2018 10:50:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aiden yes share your view while not thinking she was the best they could have put up against Trump
A truth is about to hit America, Trump ,will not be impeached
But he will face charges of criminal acts while in power and long after
America will confront the truth, the world is wondering how that country lost the plot
Looking forward to his supporters here claiming they never supported him and always knew he was both quite mad and a criminal
A new bright, respected and honest Democrat will emerge next year
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 20 December 2018 11:18:35 AM
The Clinton Foundation is "one of the most scrutinised charities in America".

She charges a speaking fee for everything because she cares about kids with aids?
I'm sorry did you think those missing emails were about philanthropy?
That 'Pay To Play' was a kids kindergarden?

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say Aiden.
Ahahahahahahaha - what a complete bloody moron.

I hope they're paying you well mate.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 20 December 2018 12:55:45 PM
"A new bright, respected and honest Democrat will emerge next year"

I hope you don't think its Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?
- Though it is a popularity contest and millenials have been Pied Piper'd

She's one of the bourgeois in her expensive designer crap.
- She doesn't even know the three branches of government -

Ocasio Cortez Likens Her Election to the Moon Landing
http://youtu.be/5wNNCAiZqbs

Tulsi Gabbard is maybe the only one with any integrity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsi_Gabbard
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 20 December 2018 1:35:15 PM
AC calm down bloke, not even in the running, but charge ahead if you wish
This much is true Trumps election shook the Demarcates to their bones
And too American youth
Both are driving a new Democrat re birthing
The coming downfall of Trump will deeply shame America
And bring a new leader to power maybe the latest Kennedy?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 20 December 2018 4:20:30 PM
Anyone can name a Nation in which it's problems don't come from within, from it's own people ?
Look at Australia for example. It's not China or Indonesia or whatever that is a threat, it's everyday Australians who demand but fail to give on every front.
Any historian worth their salt would put opportunism as the major cause for turbulent histories.
Posted by individual, Friday, 21 December 2018 6:14:31 AM
We do it on every thread, me too, ramble in our own paddock often putting our heads over the fence to monster others
HISTORY just pulled a doco out and watched it, break from mowing the lawn
Some real time film, the rise of Adolf Hitler.
So many people believed him!
You can see the hate on his face, almost all the time
Here it in his words, almost all the time
DONALD TRUMP, you can see he is not the full quid, he lies, see the world and his own country, in part, are concerned
AC has one view I have another,is that a hanging offense? for either of us
As sure of Trumps impending fall as I am I must finish cutting the lawn
But some heap scorn on any one who has a different opinion? is that what this place is about
HATE mowing the lawn, until it is done then brag about it
Posted by Belly, Friday, 21 December 2018 11:00:29 AM
Yep ! there's nothing like the hate emanating from the Left.
Posted by individual, Friday, 21 December 2018 4:43:52 PM
Indy any one looking at that post would surely shake their head
America right now is powered by a right wing hater
He has used hate to gain power and recruit followers in no lesser way than Adolf Hitler
A you single out this left you seem to have invented
In truth, no true, the real left is just as bad as the very right
And my enemy for life
But they could hold meetings in a match box
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 22 December 2018 4:38:08 AM
Belly,
as I asked in another thread, who are the wealth/employment creators of the Left ?
You constantly bring up hate. Why ? It serves no purpose other than perpetuating it which is fostered by the absurd inequality of income pushed by demands for higher wages. We need pay cuts for the senior bureaucrats not wage rises for workers which never catch up anyway because the moment there's a $10/week pay rise for workers, the bureaucrats receive $20 & the cost of living goes up by $12.
We have to stop spending our future funds now. And, there's no hate involved !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 22 December 2018 4:46:30 AM
individual tell me this, what will you say this time next year
By then the mad man Trump will be gone
Historians will look back on his withdrawal we hear about today
they may ask what has Putin got on Trump, by then they may know
Too was this decision a betrayal of the Kurds
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 22 December 2018 12:03:42 PM
Belly,
why are those who want to curb corruption always portrayed in such bad light & those who are ruining economies are the heroes ?
What that tells me is that there are more corrupt people in the population than decent ones.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 22 December 2018 1:47:48 PM
Why are flying insects attracted toward the light?
What makes people believe that their truth is the only truth?
Where does responsibility begin?
Posted by Special Delivery, Saturday, 22 December 2018 6:24:04 PM
"AC has one view I have another,is that a hanging offense? for either of us."

No I hardly think so, in fact I think it's important that we both have different points of view Belly and there is some benefit in being able to look at things upon which our opinion differs.

I don't think either of us are evil people, so comparing our different viewpoints only benefits all of us.

"Too was this decision a betrayal of the Kurds"

I think Erdogan might've told him bluntly, get out of Manbij or there will be dead US troops all over the place, and Trump capitulated.
I was just thinking a few days prior to this that it was time for the US to leave.
But when they do what I think they should do it confuses me though.
- Certainly wasn't expecting this, it doesn't seem to benefit Israel -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 22 December 2018 7:34:14 PM
AC agree my truly held concern for the Kurds may be highlighted next year
Yes the Turk Dictator may have told Trump to leave
But Turk v Kurdish history confronts
Let us hope my fear is unfounded
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 23 December 2018 5:46:43 AM
and Trump capitulated.
Armchair Critic,
Those who won't get killed because of this would not use that term, as will those who'll benefit from the money saved.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 23 December 2018 7:45:03 AM
So Trump is abandoning the Kurds to Erdogan's army. The Kurds, who did so much of the fighting against ISIS, and Trump is using this as a pretext for getting out of Syria, leaving the Kurds to Erdogan.

What a vile creature.

I wonder if Mueller has any reason to investigate Trump's business dealings with Turkey.

Mattis is gone. Now McGurk is gone. Who's next ? At least some people in the US administration have some principles.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 23 December 2018 9:31:26 AM
Loudmouth good post sorry individual can not see the betrayal of the Kurd,s
Or that bending to Russia has taken place along with the mass murder running Turkey
We will here much more about Trumps failures and crimes next year
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 23 December 2018 9:48:10 AM
- Me personally I support US troops being withdrawn being taken out of Syria.
They should never have been there in the first place, I've said this from day 1 - there was no UN mandate and no declaration of war by US congress.
The US State department has been involving itself in too many unjustified wars without going to congress to sanction it.

Syria Plan A
The US was never really fighting ISIS anyway, they helped create them, and were using them as a proxy army to remove Assad.
Proof of this is that despite US forces being in Syria for around 18mths, ISIS oil convoys were moving freely until Russia entered into the conflict.

Syria Plan B
Supporting the Kurds to fight ISIS, was simply taking the ISIS oil assets funding the war away from ISIS and giving it to the Kurds; in any case it prevents Assad from regaining it and partitions Syria, and having the Kurds claim independence helps prevent the Shia cresent and increased Iranian influence; and is in line with Israels long term strategy.

Hey Loudmouth,
"So Trump is abandoning the Kurds to Erdogan's army. The Kurds, who did so much of the fighting against ISIS..."

The Kurd's were only really being used for a purpose.
Russia and Assad would taken care of ISIS themselves but coalition forces did not want Assad to regain his territory.

"I wonder if Mueller has any reason to investigate Trump's business dealings with Turkey."

It was Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn who was lobbying for Turkey (and who also failed to register as a foreign agent under FARA);
- He was trying to get the US to hand over Fethullah Gulen in relation to the CIA sponsored Turkish coup.

I'm actually pleased with Trumpy this week, he's started acting like the Commander in Chief, and fighting for the things he campaigned on.
We'll see how long it lasts.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 24 December 2018 9:46:22 AM
AC leaving the country may in fact leave Russia more powerful
Just maybe Putin has some thing on Trump
Posted by Belly, Monday, 24 December 2018 11:23:32 AM
The Middle East will always be a basket case, US troops or not. Trump sees the futility & he's not doing "something" about like all the previous, his doing is pulling the troops out.
The Middle East crisis can't be solved with force, only with out-breeding the inbred. That will take a very long time & millions more dead children. Courtesy of religion.
Posted by individual, Monday, 24 December 2018 5:50:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy