The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are we going to take about Victoria returning Labor

Are we going to take about Victoria returning Labor

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19
  13. All
Some of you may be wondering what can the Liberal
Party do to win the next federal election?

Re-instate Malcolm Turnbull!

Just a thought.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 26 November 2018 3:17:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

What was interesting was how much the Green vote was pegged back.

The reason was that the Andrews government took the ground out from under them. They have been very aggressive on renewable energy, building windfarms and solar plants, promising solar panels for 700,000 homes at no upfront cost, drove zero emission targets for water authorities etc.

A little sideline was the Not Happy Dan Campaign driven by the Shooting Industry Federation of Australia. Their ads concentrated on crime and safety while not mentioning a single thing about guns. All they were after was a weapon friendly government so they could increase profits and they got called out.

This really is a good state for smelling out BS. The kind of crap that might have gotten traction in the shock jock states certainly missed the mark here.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 26 November 2018 4:49:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
Turnbull's quit parliament and the party's lost his seat, so he really can't be reinstated.
Besides, reinstating Rudd wasn't enough for Labor to win the election.

For the Libs to win federally, they must not only stop opposing Labor's good policies, but also get some good policies of their own. Changing leader yet again won't help.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 26 November 2018 5:14:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I now know I got it wrong, well aware ScoMO [MINI ME]is right of Turnbull I thought he could turn this around.
Even at the time of my last post here
Question time got in the way.
Forced myself to watch it, to sift the mud looking for a glimpse of a different future direction.
Sponsored by a speaker uninterested in questions actually getting an answer min me, his team,turned on the very rhetoric that lost them Wentworth and Victoria.
Yes I am pleased, but even more so by the blindness of supporters here.
By the instistance trying to pull the voters, not walk with them, is the answer to the two party,s in one today,s Liberal party is.
Shorten, remember, he is target of much that is not true, he is not popular.
But he will become very much so, in the year following his election,
America elects personality we elect or reject policy
Posted by Belly, Monday, 26 November 2018 5:22:04 PM
At least the Greens went backwards - again.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 26 November 2018 5:22:31 PM
Dear Steele,

So proud to be a Victorian!

Aidan,

Just joking about Malcolm Turnbull.

Dear Belly,

If the Libs don't change or learn from Victoria -
they're doomed.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 26 November 2018 6:20:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19