The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pakistan what to do

Pakistan what to do

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. 16
  14. All
//Nice poem Toni, here's one more.//

No, after having done a quick comparison I can say that that now holds the coveted position of third-worst poetry in the Universe. Congratulations, you beat the Vogons. I'm not sure whether you should feel proud or ashamed.

You should keep practicing. With some hard work and dedication, you might be able to outdo the legendary Grunthos the Flatulent, Poet Master of the Azgoths of Kria.

//As a person who's seen the dark side of depression I can say the advise to not care about heaven and "live for today" is a shallow grave instead of an uplifting hand.//

As a person who has also lived with a black dog, I can say that that is a steaming load of dingo's kidneys. There is absolutely no research to suggest that a lack of belief in heaven is a barrier to overcoming depression. It certainly wasn't in my case. You're talking out your arse, mate.

//To those who have any handicap from vision, hearing, speed, or strength, the world is a battle just to be average, forget about excelling and living the dream.//

Did we listen to the same song? I don't recall John Lennon putting the boot into the disabled. Have you been listening to your records backwards, you naughty boy? Because if you are, that's Satan talking rather than John Lennon, and you'll burn in hell for it.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 9 November 2018 7:24:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//To those in the world of despair, do to their choices or not of their own fault. What do you offer?//

For depressed people, I recommend:

1. Dogs. A bit of an unconventional treatment, but they have been shown to reduce stress in patients suffering a variety of ailments and I've found them to be helpful.
2. Exercise. A somewhat more conventional treatment. Also good for conditions entirely unrelated to depression. I'm less fond of this treatment because I'm not a gym person by nature, but even quite a lot of jogging beats the black dog.
3. Appropriate counselling. Cognitive behaviour therapy in particular; and definitely not psychoanalysis because that's quackery.
4. Drugs, man. I feel that anti-depressants should be used as a last resort, but we shouldn't be afraid of them where they are necessary.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 9 November 2018 7:25:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Toni Lavis you will always be a target for runner and a few others.
You seem to know what you are talking about, rare for some here
Not trying to hurt any one, well aware true followers, the very best, from any faith are the very best people
Is it however a crime? to believe what our education system tells us? EVOLUTION made us
Can we blindly hate every Muslim, but ignore the Churches crimes against kids?
Can I ask? did those horrible grubs who did these things ever believe in God?
Do they if they do, still think he/she will forgive them? that they will go to heaven?
Do Christians return the blind all encompassing hate, SOME in Pakistan have for us?
Embargo now full on and first request? let Christian leave that country before the primitives murder them
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 10 November 2018 4:40:05 AM
Good tips on depression Toni. If we keep pets, exersize and someone to talk to that should help a lot of people. And those that don't help some medication is good too.

However, my point isn't just about depression. It's just an example that I am familiar with more. Live for today, and have no more religion are fine ideas if a person is on top of the world. For anyone else who has a need that isn't supplied by the government they often can go to a church passed or faith based orginization that offers help. From drug addiction and loss of a loved one, to community help for single parents, and getting connected to people when moving to a new location. Religion offersand so much help for the world, and encourages people to take part in that helpfulness.

Removing religion from the world won't mean it'll get replaced with something else that encourages to help people. Nor does live for today help anyone who isn't already in a wonderful state of life.

That is more my point then depression is. None the less, depression is a worth while topic. So to add on to what you've already said, here's a few more things that can help.

•Live for the hope of tomorrow, and know that whatever is going on now is temperory.
•live for the people who care for you too. A little responsibility can keep our demons at bay, because we have a responsibility to fill. So the little voice to give up in the face of depression can be countered by, "I can't do that to my family."
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 10 November 2018 5:01:38 AM
runner do not highlight that the dreadful grub was wearing a near dress, it offends some here
Just for one second put yourself in the shoes of this woman in Pakistan
See what Trump did on behalf of a Christian [he maybe no such thing America today is like that] held in another country.
Who? what country? has offered this woman a home
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 10 November 2018 12:33:48 PM
The spelling will be wrong, so sorry, a contributor here, spokesman for Islamic faith Kizer Trad
He has been quoted as saying *the comments of our PRIME MINISTER* and Victoria caretaker leader, *are unhelpful*
I have had a GUTFUL of the man,and every [world wide] Muslim who says how horrific a terrorist event is
Then follower up with that vile word BUT.
PM and Vic leader sid *we will not be dragged down by this act of hate,*
They said what our whole country said,
What I SAY AGAIN,this faith must come in to the twentieth century, must not think we are blind, *we know your holly book informs you it is ok to lie to us
Trad, Sir, if you are not born of this country in the name of moderation, we should take away your rights to citizenship and force you to leave
more to be said
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 11 November 2018 4:15:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15